Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That is awesome Jilly - you are making incredible progress!! Good for you! You should give yourself a toast each evening for the things you're getting done smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Michelle and Lisa. :-) I have my vino all set up to toast myself tonite. :-)

I sent off my phone to Dan at Fed Ex, put degreaser on my car engine, started laundry, put paddling gear in some bins to ride on the back RV platform, figured out where to store my RV while I go to Cottonwood to see my folks for a week, and filled out my calendar for the whole next two months. to get an idea where I probably will be staying, depending on finances (Plan A, Plan B and Plan C, actually).

I set up the videos to match to their cases while I work out to BL UK and also go through my stack of RV magazines - I am not sure carrying around 20 pounds of magazines is a good plan.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I finally made myself try to sell some things. I went to the pawn shop of videos and Bookmans for books/vids and collectibles. So I made $17 from a few things. Not great but a start and every dollar helps.

I need to bring in a new box each day - if i can make around $20 a day I will be doing well.

I have to bring my car in for a free break check right now. So that will be a good thing. I will do more updates when i get back.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am just back from getting my free brake check on my car. I also made $16 from Bookmans, deposited a check in the bank, got gas for the car, got three bins from storage (it is overwhelming me to the point that I am not promising myself to only grab three things each day to deal with), made a lot of calls to consignment stores for furniture to sell and rv shops for certain repairs. I filled out my travel calendar for the month and traded a few novels in the RV library.

My new plan: I will be here in this park in Flagstaff until Saturday and then drive down to Cottonwood. I would like to register my RV on Friday while still up here. I will also need to put about $50 in gas in the RV to get it to Cottonwood. Another thing is that I will have to drive my car to my friend's house and walk back, as I have no way of getting both the car and the RV to Cottonwood at the same time.

I will need a plan for getting back to my car in Flagstaff but i have a few ideas, so am not worried about this. Of course I will need to drive back and forth a bit in any case to finish up my storage stuff. :-)

Then my plan is to stay at the Thousand Trails park in Cottonwood for 21 days. At that point i will have to either move out for seven days to another park (or boondock outside the park), or find a place to 'semi-permanently' live for a while. I have a few options for around $300 a month including utils in either Mayer (near Prescott, AZ), or at a horse ranch in Cottonwood. But i will have lots of time to check things out once at my Thousand Trails park.

My main time crunch is still right now, while in Flagstaff. I feel really rather sheepish and ashamed i let my hoarding of stuff get to this point. :-(

So anyway, i need to make a solid plan for the rest of this week.

Last edited by Jilly; 09/26/09 10:27 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, somehow today i am completely depressed and overwhelmed. I have no more hope. Freaking out.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Finally, an answer. Thank god for moms. Spent the last two days depressed and hiding in bed. Mom called and could tell by my dead voice that things were Not Good. So she came up with a great solution to two problems all in one shot - how to deal with my car being up here when I move the RV to Cottonwood (minor problem) and what to do about my storage stuff (major problem). I feel so relieved that I kinda want to vomit.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This must be how relief plays out - I woke up today at 3pm. I think that is the latest I have ever slept in without staying up late the night before.

I think i need to take this to the depression forum.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ok, just for an update it worked out - was NOT easy - but everything is out of the AZ storage and being dealt with.

I also have some ideas for the Ca storage that will involve a trip home for the holidays and a unhaul truck.

Anyone use a rental moving van/truck that is cheaper than uhaul? Like Budget or something?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jill -

I think it's good to look back and celebrate how much more organized things are now. Look at how organization has helped your world!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes, absolutely, Lisa. Just looking back on this old thread - I have NOTHING in storage anymore in CA or AZ. It was very hard to fix all this. Everything is now all here. Now i am dealing with the aftermath of having everything here...but i no longer have to pay for storage, or travel and rent uhauls to get my stuff, or stress about how to get my things back...

I do not recommend people even get started in the storage shed cycle. Do not go there! Nothing being stored ends up equaling the monies poured out each month and the stress of dealing with it all is ridiculous.

WHEW to not have to worry about this again! smile

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.