Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I pulled a lot of small rocks out from one of the rock piles and made a circle around one of my trees. I also pulled out some huge rocks and rolled them towards my rock garden. dan was impressed with the size of the rocks i was able to move myself. I just use my body as a lever. smile

Today I did some raking and filled up some containers with my nice aged compost, and stacked them under the lean to. I need to make a filter screen to really get the fine compost out. I will put that on my mental list of frugal gardening projects. I know i have some old window frames and some mesh lying around.

Much online work today today. Will get to that list shortly.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is wonderful Jilly, that sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

We were *supposed* to have our nephew show up this evening and take away a ton of stuff. He never showed up. I'm feeling slightly frustrated that the house was supposed to be much cleaner, and he didn't even call or answer my messages. Now it may be a full week before we can even try again.

I got a bunch of writing projects done today but no cleaning ones. If anything the kitchen got much messier because some of my projects involved getting a lot of glassware dirty (I was documenting what "a shot" looked like in a variety of glasses).

OK, I need to do something organizationally helpful. I will go through a paper pile in my office and at least get that done. That will be one less pile.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good job, Lisa! Just one more thing each day, even if it's small.

I am sorry your nephew did not show up. Can you take this stuff out yourself?

Today I did a few small things, inspired by this thread. I wanted to at least say I organized something! So I filled up my last two rain barrels with the water I collected from the eaves (in smaller buckets). And I restacked my compost pile and added water to the dry sections. I tried mixing it up a bit. I really do need to restack the pile more often as the top parts were really dry and the bottom was a little anaerobic. (read: slightly stinky).

smile

I also moved some wood pallets and a few small things from my lean to around.

Not much, but it's something. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I made some calls to figure out how to get spay vouchers so i can get my kittens spayed - that was a LOT of internet searching and phone calls. I think i have it figured out now. Tonite i will print out the applications and schedule a time to fill everything out and send them off.

I also did some research on trading/selling my land and other high end possessions and put some ads up on craigslist.

Now for some online work to do!

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Today I made some calls to figure out how to get spay vouchers so i can get my kittens spayed - that was a LOT of internet searching and phone calls. I think i have it figured out now. Tonite i will print out the applications and schedule a time to fill everything out and send them off.

Hi Jilly. Your post inspired me to organize my pet stuff/information. Now when I have a pet sitter in everything will be easily accessible to him or her. I thought I had it all set, but I realized this one area that needs to make sense to everyone, not just me.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Kelly Jayne, that is a wonderful idea. Did you put the stuff in a binder, or folder, or how did you do it?

I am so excited. Right now I am working on my Physical Health Binder. It's almost done! I have the different sections thus:

medical visits
Medication information
AHCCCS information
Phoenix Health Plan info
Mingus Center and misc

figuring out if i have more sections to add. Maybe a numbers/resources section.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/18/11 07:06 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I am working on my Flylady control journal. It has sections for morning routines, afternoon and evening routines, plus goes over zone clearing for the week and daily habits.

I have a control journal that i put together years ago when i lived in Seattle, and I am revamping it to make it applicable to my life now. It's really fun to make these lists, put them in sheet protectors, and use them to help me from feeling overwhelmed.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

That is awesome news! I'm so glad you are enjoying organizing your world!

My nephew finally showed up, so they took away a bunch of stuff. They didn't take the dresser, but we just sold that for $25 on Craigslist and someone took that today. So progress, and money!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Did they take the steel? Glad they took at least some stuff!

Today I took in my own first load of steel and made $20. Yesterday I bagged up my bottles and that will be another $50 when I bring it in for deposits.

I still have a lot more metal and wire to bring in but will worry about that next year. smile I think maybe I should set aside this money for fixing up the workshop. This way I can keep recycling and earning from this, but have it be a nice organized and pleasant experience. I need to research some sturdy bins.

I also have my calendar organized and also the 'flight plan' journal for my daily self care and cleaning tasks. It's a flylady thing. smile

@Kelly Jayne, did you get your pet binder worked on?

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Steel might be tomorrow. I was just too busy today. I did get email organized, my second to last record set to mail, 3 loads of dishes done, etc. tiny steps.

That is great about your progress! Well done!

Low Carb Forum
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.