logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
P
Hi, I'm Jes (and also a bookworm like Jessi) I am in the Okanagan Valley in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. It's orchard and wine country and there are lots of quilters...and sometimes the wine and the quilters get together!
Summers tend to be dry and hot. Winters moderately cold with a little snow. Springs too short. Autumns can be warm and long or...not! Kelowna is near the centre along Okanagan Lake, which is about 90 miles long (150km?) We claim to have a lake monster, Ogopogo, who is rumoured to be a cousin of the Lake Ness monster. (No, I haven't seen Ogie so yes, I am a skeptic!)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Sonya, it's lovely to hear from you. Goodness, you are a mother of three, therefore you are a miracle maker on a daily basis. I can imagine you are extremely busy throughout your day, and I'm glad my little newsletter allows you just a minute of quiet to indulge yourself. I wonder what your plans are when your husband completes his bible studies? I have friends that are in Africa and India, working on missions with the poorest of people. They love it!

Stay in touch Sonia, all the best for 2012

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Jes, your weather sounds almost perfect. That's the one thing I miss here in Queensland is that we don't see the changes in the seasons. We pretty much miss out on the colours changing in the trees and of course no snow. It gets cold, but that's only down to about 8 degrees celcius and we feel the cold because most of use don't have heaters in our homes. They are definitely designed for the heat which we get in abundance. I love your comment about the wine and the quilters getting together, a perfect match I say.

Thanks for popping by Jes and stay in touch.
Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

Hi Everyone, I was reading everyone's post and I agree with GrannyH, you DO have a great post and a lot of followers which in this case is excellent for business and word of mouth. I have tons of scrap material that I am saving up for quilts, plus material I am cutting pieces out for. I love quilting and grew up helping my grandmother piece blocks together. I really miss her

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Yes TessasMoon, I too miss my grandmother. She taught me to sew (I still have her tredle sewing machine I learnt on at the age of 7) and knit and crochet and I sometimes wish she was alive to see what I'm achieving these days. I know she would have been very proud...... and then told me how I could improve.LOL

cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

C
C
Hi, I am a newbie to quilting, so will be asking lots of questions. I live in Crowborough, East Sussex, England. Are there any other UKers on the quilting forum?

Hi Judy, We live in our 5th wheel full time and travel throughout the wonderful USA. We are wintering in Rockport, TX, where it is a balmy 74 degrees in early February! There are many quilters at this RV park, and I'm enjoying learning more & meeting fellow quilters!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Curlytop! Wow, you've blown me away. What a wonderful existence you must be having. I love the idea of roaming around the countryside, following the good weather! And quilting at the same time. I think you're about as near to heaven as it gets. How do you do your quilting in your 5th wheeler (BTW what is a 5th wheeler?). Tell us all about it.
cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham

A 5th wheel is a travel trailer that has an extension over the truck bed. Ours is 38 ft long and we pull it with a Freightliner truck. There is a picture on our website [u]www.mccorkles.org[/u]. I have a very basic sewing machine and work at my kitchen table, or in the activity room (if available) at the RV park as there's more room. We've been living our nomadic dream for 5 1/2 years, and still LOVE it!

Hi all, my name is Lucien (Lucy) and I live in the US, Upstate, NY. I retired in 2003 and for the first time picked up a needle and thread. Our JoAnn Fabrics shop was giving tutorials on how to quilt, something I always wanted to try. One of the neatest things I learned, was how to thread a needle. I used their in-house sewing machine for a bit, learned how to operate it without bunching up my material and next thing I knew I purchased my first ever sewing machine. I hand quilted my first and only wall sampler. Since then I have taught myself to embroider, cross-stitch, crewel, and needle punch--as time permits. And with the help of my Internet friend, I might add. I do love the Internet!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.