logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Don't feel like spending money on a costume this year? Check out all the cool Do It Yourself Halloween Costumes Contest at Polyvore for ideas.

This contest is all about using every day clothes to make a great costume. I created 3 for this contest.

Little Mermaid - green pencil skirt or green high waist leggings, purple bikini top and glittery or color block platform heels (or just go barefoo).

Wilfred The Dog - forever lazy adult footed pajamas + spirit hood

Grease Pink Lady - nike workout top, adidas workout jacket, skinny jeans, kitten heels, wide elastic studded belt, pink scarf

What every day clothes would you use to make a fun Halloween costume?

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/21/11 02:31 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This DIY Chesire Cat is so cute and so easy!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Check out my DIY Mummy Dearest Costume. This is definitely not the type of dress or boots that most people have just laying around but if you have a bandage skirt or banded dress (I have both) and some knee high boots (black or grey) that you can wrap ace bandages around would be super easy to make. The cool turban like beanie really completes the look but any beanie that you can wrap with some more ace bandages around will do.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I just created a collection of the Best DIY Costumes (36 so far). The Greatest Snowman and Willie Wonka are my favorites and so easy.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I just love your posts! Your polyvore stuff is insanely creative, great fashion sense. I would so try the catwoman and playboy ones, or the little mermaid. I wanted to try Marilyn Monroe this year.

Not sure what I will try, got to check my wardrobe. Chesire cat is also cool, I used to be really scared of it, kinda still am haha.

Thanks for this awesome post.

A
A
I wear this one what do you think? Is it better to wear with wig or without? BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

M
M
Dressing up doesnt necessarily means spending too much. Glad to see your ideas. You may want to check out LIFO. It is a social network for girls that focuses on the latest fashion trends, celebrity gossip, social causes, beauty and health and lifestyle issues.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

One of the best homemade Halloween costumes I've ever seen was on a friend of mine many, many years ago. I wish I had a photo to show you. She hosted a Halloween party and her costume wouldn't have worked if she weren't very, very pregnant at the time. She was a jack-o-lantern.

Her costume was lots of bright orange fabric gathered with elastic at the neck, arms, and legs; it covered just her torso. That was the pumpkin part.

She wore bright green tights (pumpkin vines) and maybe a long-sleeved T-shirt of the same color (don't remember if Halloween was chilly or warm here that year).

She wore a felt collar that matched the green vines and was cut to look like leaves. Across the middle of the pumpkin (her baby bump), she attached black felt cut-outs for the jack-o-lantern's eyes, nose, mouth.

Cute, clever, comfortable, and inexpensive. Loved it!

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Wow Sandy, that sounds so cute smile

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I thought so, too, when my friend wore it. I always kept the idea in the back of my mind, in case I could ever use it but all my kids are cats and dogs - no baby bump required! laugh

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.