Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I can't be bothered in all honesty LOL listing everything that points to it being a lie because it was like a mile long - and for every part of it, there's a counter argument. I might list it all - but I can't be bothered ATM.

The more I've read about it though, the more I think it was a lie. But maybe it wasn't as I originally said. One thing I do think is that it was a huge waste of tax payers money - and then they get there and don't stick a flag up representing Earth - they stick the American flag up LOL - like they own the moon, it's all so phoney and staged.

I'm saying I don't like that Mythbusters show because they have a strong sense of not believing anything is paranormal. They're all also American which would make them bias.

in answer to you 4, of course it does - don't you find it fishy that they stopped as soon as the Vietnam War did? That as soon as Russia was starting to go up they also stopped their last three missions?

Mona, I'm open minded about it - but it's funny that you're closed minded that it could've been faked I think, it's ironic at least.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
The Apollo program is a matter of historical record � extensively documented with paperwork, equipment, training, witnesses, photographs, films, moon rocks, and mission telemetry (the signals from the spacecraft). Taken together, this forms a consistent historical narrative.

So if someone suggests that it (or any other historical event) was faked, then substantial evidence and a counter-narrative is needed. That's the way this works. An ad hoc list � even if a mile long - of ignorant, inconsistent or just plain wrong assertions is not evidence. The moon-hoaxers have many narratives, making it look more like a fishing expedition than an analysis.

I see that Steven's example of the flag still seems to be a major hoaxer objection, even though it's a pretty simple bit of physics.

Moon-hoaxers say: The flag moved because it was blowing in the breeze. Since there's no wind on the Moon, they were actually on Earth.
The only fact in this objection is �the flag moved,� as the rest is interpretation.
The scientific explanation is that because they were on the Moon, the flag moved for awhile after the astronauts put it in place because there was no air resistance to slow it down. This was demontrated in a vacuum chamber on the link I gave.

The moon hoax narratives are based on the US faking the Moon landings in order to win a propaganda victory over the Soviets during the Cold War. So as a little test of the consistency of this narrative, if you were making the moon landing film and an Earthly breeze blew your flag, would you
A. ignore it because no one else would notice;
C. reshoot the scene.

I sure know which I'd do!

A second example of non-evidence is the assertion that the Soviets couldn't check up on Apollo because they couldn't track in deep space. By 1969 they had several successful Moon probes and a Venus probe. Do you actually think they sent off all these probes and couldn't track them? How were they expecting to get the data back?

Originally Posted By: Horror_Movies_Editor
it's funny that you're closed minded that it could've been faked I think, it's ironic at least.

Oo. Oo. Ouch. Hard ball.

Being open minded involves a willingness to accept new evidence - this is what learning is. But I'm afraid that I'm still waiting for some actual evidence. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
May I add this to the lunar discussion?

PS Bwhaahahahaha!

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Ian, my computer got stuck a few minutes into the video and refused to play any more. However I did read the first page of comments and this one caught my eye:

Ever wonder why we *don't* see the back side of the moon when everything else in the universe spins on it's axis??

Um, well, as a matter of fact, now that you mention it, I don't ever wonder that. Probably because the Moon does turn on its axis. But it takes the same time to orbit once as it does to turn once on its axis. This is why we always see the same side of it. If it didn't turn on its axis, we'd see all of it at some point. (BTW this is easily demonstrated with a globe and some volunteers.)

The Moon's orbit and spin are locked together in what's called tidal locking. This is common in the universe. Jupiter's four main moons are tidally locked and so are many of the moons of the other gas giants, plus extrasolar planets to their stars and indeed close binary stars.

But I'll try again with the video another time. Don't want to miss my big chance to see what NASA and the Russians are hiding from us. wink

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
bored now

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Ah,teenagers. Gotta love em.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Mona - Astronomy
Ah,teenagers. Gotta love em.

That took you long enough LOL. I am bored with this conversation now, it's like talking with a religious fanatic - you can't change their views no matter what, can't even open their mind to the possiblity - which was all I was saying. One can't say anything such as we're discussing is a definite. Well, you can - and you do, and you did LOL, so forget it.

If the teenager thing is aimed at me, I'm afraid you're wrong. I like teenagers anyway - they have a different view of the world and aren't afraid to voice their opinion usually - call me one - thanks smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mona - Astronomy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.