Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I just love our editors too! Dreaded forums before I made it my mission to bite the bullet and learn how to use this forum. One year later? Addicted!!

Too weary to type, to sleep. Will update in my morning. Love you all.

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Sandy, my prayers are with you. What an awful experience to be going through. Stay safe!

Susan

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Please keep us updated on the cat news front!

I have asked a couple of witches who work a lot with the Elementals to see if they can influence the fire going out faster. Still waiting to hear what they plan and/or if it works.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMG Sandy, I am so very sorry to hear about your home! How scary. I hope your kitty turns up soon.

Know that you are in my prayers girl!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Sandy, I have just watched a video on Yahoo news about the fires. Thought I would come to see if anyone was involved with them here. Sorry to hear about your cat and your home. Glad you and your dogs are safe though.

My two minute dash would involve grabbing my laptop, my pigeon, my rosy bourke and the four dogs. The boys are big enough to get themselves sorted. Oh and a pair of glasses if I can find one.

I am not prepared for any sort of disaster. I guess I would deal with it when it happened. I have lost homes and 'stuff' many times over the years and have learned not to become attached to material things. Easy come, easy go. As you said a chance to reinvent yourself.

I send you my thoughts, not much help I know, but I wish you well and hope your cat turns up. God bless Linda

Linda Heywood

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sandy, I just found this thread. You and your pets are in my prayers. Stay safe and keep that delightful spirit of yours up and shining. Take care.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and beautiful kind, encouraging words!! I'm definitely in a state of shock but it's so nice to know I've got concerned friends all around the world. I've also heard from people (in my real-life world) that I haven't spoken to in years. This fire has been frightening but it's definitely brought some wonderful people to my attention. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've still had no word on the cat. Will post photographs to ASPCA and animal rescue sites later today. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers on her behalf. I can't wait to tell Roxie how you're all thinking about her.

The fire is still raging out of control. Last I heard, 30,000 acres had been burned, more than 600 homes destroyed, a thousand evacuees, and the beautiful Bastrop State Park a few miles from my house is 2/3 scorched. The fire started between my house and the state park.

The highway and roads surrounding the fire are all closed and probably will be for a few more days. We'd had tremendous winds spreading the fire uncontrollably since it started on Sunday but the winds have died down today. Officials are expecting to achieve some control over the fire today.

There are many fires scattered throughout the Central Texas area right now so fire-fighting resources are stretched thin. We're in an excessive drought that's lasted more than a year now, with no relief in sight, so this place is a tinder box. My cousin's husband owns a store that normally sells charcoal and other supplies for BBQ-ing but he won't sell these things at any price right now, no matter how much a customer begs for them. I like his style.

Luckily, I am a renter so my loss is just of personal possessions. And the cat.

After evacuating my house (in the country) on Sunday, I had to evacuate my mother's house (in town) on Monday. After that second evacuation, my mother, my dogs, and I are staying at my sister's house about 70 miles away from the fire. There are smaller fires dotting the landscape here. We see smoke in the hills and can smell it every time we go outside. Nevertheless, I feel much safer here than anywhere I've been since Sunday.

Will keep you updated!

New questions: if you were beginning your life anew, building from the ground up, what would you do? Who would you be?

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Sandy,
Reading or hearing about the fire, many miles away, on the news is one thing but reading your personal experience is another. It is painful to hear about. My husband and I lost a big part of our life 2 years ago. That's when you find out what really matters.

I'm praying for you and your family and for you finding you cat.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

MY CAT IS ALIVE - and healthy!!

The man I was living with (renting space in an old friend's house; his name is Ed) has been there every day since the fire started. Just called me about details. Said the cat is alive and totally unharmed, not even a scorched hair!! He's feeding her and taking care of her and loving on her for me. I was sooooo relieved to hear this good news that I broke down into tears - the first tears since the fire started. Thank you ALL for your wonderful thoughts for me and my Roxie, the cat - they worked a miracle! We love you!!

Latest word is that my house did NOT burn entirely; the outside is burned but the inside is intact, just stinky like smoke. As soon as I can get back into the area, I'll go back and pack my stuff up to move to a new home somewhere. Ed needs my space to house his family - his 84-year-old father lost his home as did his sister and her husband. They need to be together on their property to rebuild; they don't need to worry about me.

The fire is still burning; firefighters say it is 0% contained at this point but winds have died down and progress is expected soon. Winds were gusting 40 to 50 MPH when the fire started but are down to just 5 to 20 MPH today. This is an awesome development.

Roads are still closed but Ed's camping out at the house to watch for any fires that might spark and to keep looters away. Latest news is that looting is becoming an issue. Bummer. It may be several days before I can get back there myself and he's warned me that I will not believe the devastation down our country road alone.

But the cat's OK!!!!!

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Sandy that is absolutely great news for me to go to bed with..........it is after Midnight here.

Have been wondering what was happening and am just thrilled for you, and for Roxie.

Now a new life is out there just waiting for you, and despite the chaos the most important elements are already intact. smile

Super news, thanks so much for keeping us up to speed.

Take care
Francine

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.