#708636 08/18/11 10:18 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Starbucks, the coffee giant, has this and that on its menu for tea- but rumor has it that Starbucks may sell Darjeeling in the nearest of futures!(this is according to the Tea Council of the United States)

How's that for something new? Will keep you posted on this.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Extreme weather conditions have hampered the growth and cultivation of Pu-erh/ loong Chen tea in China. Because the weather has been harsh there is less tea and that has resulted in a 50% increase in price.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Safety Recall!

Moroccan Tea Glasses are deemed not food safe!

This product comes in 7 oz. & 11.25 oz. they have sku # 394476
& #394477 . They were on sale at the Cost Plus World Market, please return to the store for a full refund on these items.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor/ Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Has anyone seen the great & inexpensive eco-friendly-ish tea line at the Walmart?

A nice and cheerful green color of tea equip. and tea pots, as well as tea accessories are available there.

*I am not being compensated for this mention.

This is not an endorsement simply an informational mention of available products!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
If you have visited any Cost Plus World Market- I don't need to tell you the pretty tea pots, tea cups, tea sets, and teas and flowering posies that are available there! They are reasonably priced and the store even makes up gift baskets on request or you can make your own!

Fabulous for Christmas!

*I have no affiliation with this store in any way-just letting our tea lovers when I see things available!

Happy tea shopping

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Oh dear! Confusion on the horizon!

TEA is an abbreviation that is often used for the word triethanolamine! (as one can see the tea is in all caps!)

When one sees this on a cosmetics label -this is not the good kind of tea! It is a chemical additive found in cosmetics like sunscreens, lotions, moisturizers, foundations and haircolors! TEA is also used as a fragrance ingredient.

This is a known carcinogen and can be toxic to skin, respiratory systems, and immune systems.

Please do however, use cosmetics that contain real tea.

Be an informed consumer and always read labels-there is very loose or hardly nonexistant regulations on the cosmetic industry!

Look for organic cosmetics there you will likely find products that contain real tea (no caps!)

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 11/10/11 06:10 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Mail order Houses like Signals & Linda Anderson have many tea related items for sale for Christmas gifts both are reachable by on-line and are their sites are their names.

Signals carries cute tea pots and tea cups w/words for two examples, and Linda Anderson has tea towels, Celtic tea pots, funny "tea towels w/attitude", and tea pot silhouette chalkboards! Funny, gift-worthy!

*I have no affilitation with either of these business and am not a paid endorser, just sharing tea gifts w/readers!

There's tea everywhere!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
More tea gift ideas:

When I look around I see a world of tea around me(I know it's because I am "zoned in" as they say..so I'll pass along some more to you
Lillian Vernon carries wonderfulk little whimsical musical tea cup & tea pots porcelain tea cup has mouse family dancing around a christmas tree to Jingle bells Tea pot has Snowmen parading to We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Little girl tea set available too(just like mom)! Adorable

Tea house garden dome do it yourself terrariums tea gardens & herbal garden! Cute & reasonable grow on your counter everything you need incl.
This is available on e-bay & amazon use name tea garden dome for search.

I have no affiliation with any of the above mentioned companies & am not being compensated for this mention.

Just sharing a tidbit w/readers! Happy Holiday shopping!
Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
January is flu season and tea will help boost up your antioxidant levels. It helps protect and when the flu has set in-tea helps to minimize symptoms and hydrate. Looking for an inexpensive gift for flu season? Make a small gift basket for a friend that contains green teas & honey & soup and a mug!

Very lovely and a gift of cheer that would make anyone feel better!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
A tea horoscope for me!
On Jan. 24,2012 this horoscope ran in my newspaper that I had to share it!

Today is a seven. Focus on home & family warms the hearth. It's good medicine-take as much as you can, with tea and company. Renew your spirit to go back out into the world again!

Wow! I think I'd give that horoscope a 10! Surrounding yourself with family, and friends and tea! What else could one need?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
I love World Market and often shop at the one near our house. If you join their online club, they keep track of what you spend and then sent you great coupons, like $10 off a $30 purchase.

I have a tea pot from there and I buy Republic of Tea there also.

joanj #743128 01/27/12 11:06 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Thank you joanj! It is a wonderful store~with very interesting and fun and affordable tea products. The world around us drinks alot of tea and many countries as well as many tea suppliers are represented there. I do recommend joining the free on-line club to get coupons and special sales! Making a tea basket to give to a friend is a snap there! Have fun shopping!

*I have no affilliation with this store nor am I being compensated in anyway for this mention. Just sharing and agreeing with our tea readers as a great source of tea & tea products!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
The Hamilton House and The Bradfor Exchange have very adorable figurines that include adorable dogs/kitty's in a tea cup and a funny lady character in a tea cup w/sacastic saying....very cute very giftable and relatively resonable!

check it out!

*I have no affilitation nor am I being reemburssed for this mention.
This post for the sheer pleasure of the tea reader and to share.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Greg Mortensen has now agreed to pay $1 million dollars back to his Montreal charity!
This is to settle the accuisations that he used the non-profit to promote & buy copies of his book that provided him profit.

The Central Asia Institute spent some 3.96 million since 2006 to buy copies of The Cups of Tea.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Adorable & affordable! Tea Party stuff for a little girls' tea party at Oriental Trading.
Decorations, goodie bags, treats, character tea pot suckers, even a tea pot pinata! Totally cute!

Tiara's ,placecards,and stickers little tea party just so sweet!

*I have no affiliation with this company, nor am I being reembursed in any way~this mention just for your FYI & fun!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Don't forget to use your free any size iced tea coupon expires 5/12/12 from Dunkin Donuts

(was found in newspapers this past week)

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Heads up more couponery!!

Have you seen these coupons in your last newspaper inserts?
Swiss Premium Tea- .55c off 1 gal. or 1/2 gal.

Lipton tea bags- .40c off 1 Lipton tea bags, Honey-to-go or pitcher size or Iced tea mix

Sweet Leaf Organic Tea- save .55c on 1- 16 oz. or 1- 20 oz. bottle

Keurig K-Cups- K cup pack coupons Celesstial Iced brew tea save $1.50 on 1- 12 ct. box or $2.00 on 1- 12 ct. box of Brew over ice k-cups also by mail free ice tumbler.

Sounds like good tea deals!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
With all of this talk about colorful tea pots and cups, I have to wonder how many of these items have lead paint. It would be hard to tell, especially for items made out of the country. Even Macy's at one time said that some of their dishware could have lead paint in them, and the only brand I was able to find that stated they do not use lead paint is Fiestaware.

I am personally leery to buy colorful teaware only because I drink a lot of tea, and I would not want to expose my tea to lead paint and then drink it. Does anyone know of legitamate companies that do not use lead paint in their crockery besides Fiestaware?

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for revisiting this subject matter. Every once in awhile it does come up & in this day and age we are concerned what can possibly go into our bodies-

Let me do some checking around to see what kind of answers I can come up for you. Also asking readers if you have heard or seen news regarding lead paint please let us know here.

The subject will be mentioned here and nothing in the forum is ever a closed subject. Thank you Debbie

Mary Caliendo
Tea Eitor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Debbie,
Did some checking around and did not actually find much complaints about the Brand Fiesta Ware. Homer Laughlin was notified that few people had questioned the lead content. They brnd currently tests at .02PPM for lead & cadmium~so not 100% but very close.

It is made in the USA so they are compelled to follow strcit guidelines set forth from FDA.

Most in the know claim that if any type of ware glaze is pitted,cracked, or disentregrated in any way it should not be used.

Fiesta Ware that predated 1986 did not have these standards & it is thought that 1960-1970's ware most likely contained none.

So I hope this helps a bit!

Thanks for the great questions.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
*Don't forget to check your circulars & newspapers for tea coupons!

This past week: Sweet Leaf tea & coupons for Tazo brand pitcher sied tea bags! or Latte concentrate.

*I have no affiliation withese companies and may or may not actually drink them. This is tea news to pass along. *Coupons do vary in allareas of the U.S.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
This week the brand named Turkey Hill ran in our papers with a coupon for refrigerated gallons & half Gallon teas.(in current papaers expiration date of 11/30/12)

Don't forget also: check your grocer's "dented" cart or clearance table in back ~boxed tea & bottled tea items allways reduced~ (helps when making a gift basket)

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 08/12/12 04:25 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Be aware that not all teas are alike~

Teas may be blended or mixed with other edible flowers, and or other teas,or other herbs. Reading labels is important if you are on specialized diets. Always ask your doctor if a particluar brand or type is ok for you.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Forum readers:

What is your favorite tea country & the type or brand you drink from?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Has anyone seen the cute little girl tea party things at the Pottery Barn?

While these things are on the pricey side these are very giftable things to give & save as keepsakes for a lifetime!

they carry 3 tea sets porcelain, silver, or a fun stakable~
cake stands for the tea table

a cute white tea cart
tea party aprons (these can be personalized!)

Just adorable!

* I have no affilitation with this store, nor am I being compensated.
This tidbit was just to let my readers know about fun tea-related gifts and products!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Starbucks buys Teavana!

For about $620 million Starbucks buys Teavana Holdings, Inc.

This tea adding to Starbucks already Tazo Tea line will offer at least 100 loose leaf teas! They have about 300 stores already and they believe that the two tea brands are complimentary toward each other. Many cafe's however, only offer one or the other or both, they have not decided as of yet.

Good to know......

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Seasonal gifting is about to be going into full swing:

Don't forget to homemade tea baskets make wonderful gifts for teachers,bus drivers, crossing guards, bosses,secretaries to name a few!

Currently World Market has lovely little tea towels embellished with tea pots & flowers etc. for $7.99 just an idea for something to add to your tea gift basket.

*I have no affiliation or revceive no compensation for this mention this is just to give readers an idea of things that are available.

Let us know if you make a tea basket this year for gifting!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Ideas for tea items is endless:

Not only do people use old cracked cups (or mismatched) to make DIY craft projects~old tea pots can be used as well. They can become planters for small plants and given when one needs a quick gift for a sick person or teacher for example.

Tea pots that are similar in size shape or color can be used as decorative canisters for loose sugar or even cookies if the lid is tight.

I know of at least one person that used a tea warmer as her candle light for tables or when the lights went out! haha sweet idea right?

Your ideas can be endless with tea!

If you think of more let us know ASAP!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Looking for lovely tea gifts?

Try Vivaterra. very nice tea pots, budha bowls,cheeses,Veggie & pickles fresh "canned", honey,cookies, cakes,confections, brownies and Teatulia Teas!

All organic all artisan made as well as housewares! Lovely gifts!

www.vivaterra(dot)com

* I have no affiliation with this company nor am I being reembursed in any way. Letting readers be aware that this company sells things of reader interest.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Chai to go!

Chai in an instant~as seen in the Chicago Tribune Newspaper~ New chai tea blends on the market of interest:

Tipu's Chai Now (trio)All that is needed is boiling water & your fav. dairy product~ called the sweet & spicy

The Simple Life is to stir in a tsp. of black tea spice mix into milk or water~

All You Need~ is simply to stir in hot or cold water.

Sounds easy!

Their taste testers rated: Sweet & Spicy as the best!

Try them if you see them & let us know what you think~

Tribune suggests tipuschai(dot)com to locate a store or to buy.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

White peony tea~ has healing properties and is restorative is a very delicate yet filled with flu fighting/cold weather fatigue fighters!
Have a cup to calm you as well as help you in the fight against the flu.

*Can be found at retailers everywhere~

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Tea Cups & Tea Saucers windchimes as cute as they can be!

Ran across them in: Through the Country Door (countrydoor(dot)com)
adorable & affordable one has beads, tea cups, creamer, mini tea cups and flatware to chime

still another in four colors has a large tea cup base and metal chimes
11.99 & 9.99 respectively
also offers a 3 qt. whistling tea kettle in red, purple, or green!

cute!

*I am not affilited with this company in any manner-I enjoy telling readers about tea related items that I spot.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Argo Tea & Argo Tea Cafe's are spotted here and there around major cities and some wholesome markets have Argo Tea bottled tea for sale.

It's great news! They are expanding into more areas such as Universities, hospitals, and will have more Cafe's. The company is also introducing more bottled teas in 8 oz. size!

Yeah Tea!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

A Modern take on the old-fashioned tea party? As seen in the April 2013 issue of Better Homes & Gardens under the heading of "Fresh" Ideas For Living Well

a cute 2 page mention of a modern makeover for a casual get-together with tea.

Ideas and products to make your party a sucess.

Tea is here to stay.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Hello Tea lovers..... in the March 2013 issue, HGTV magazine asks...When is the last time you cleaned....your tea kettle?

(writers Jessica Dodell-Feder and Kelly Tagore tool on everyday items and used their expertise and research to come up with good answers to their questions)

how often? they found that a kettle should be washed about every 4 to 5 uses.

They DO NOT recommend any kettle in the dishwasher!!!

You'll be cleaning the outside of the kettle~
the writers consulted Patrick Farrell, VP of merchandising for Teavana. He reccommended no steel wool or scouring pads they scratch.Wash the outside with warm soapy water and a sponge.

If you have hard water & you have deposits on the kettle it's ok to add vinegar to water and heat for 10-15 minutes.

Heat and rinse to remove any traces of vinegar.

Volia! Clean kettle!

page 29 HGTV Magazine to see the article.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Anyone shopped for tea at Teavanna? I experienced this place at Christmas. WOW.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie:

Oh yes Teavana is a beautiful store. Their stylings and products packaging are quite beautiful!

Some of their products are quite pricey, however, these are very gift worthy.

Any store that encourages the art of tea and the health of tea in my book is a good one.

Thank you for sharing!

*I have no affiliation with this above mentioned tea store or its products.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Keurig, the company synonomous with coffee is now offering "Snapple" in the K-Cup Lemon & Peach.

Checks your newspaper product coupons.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Swiss Premium refrigerator teas is running a sweepstakes.

Enter to win weekly summer prizes.

please see swiss-tea(dot)com for details

drink tea & wins prizes sounds great!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Trader Joe's for tea? For crumpets?

Oh yes have you checked out the tea line and the scrumptious cookies, and British Style crumpets? you should.

Just another place where tea and tea goodies are offered.

*Ihave no affiliation with this store.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Have you tried Thai Iced Tea?

I heard that of late offered in many Thailand Restaurants was:
Cha-yen (iced tea)
This is classified as a fusion"

It made from black tea or Ceylon tea (brewed strong) condensed milk,sugar,and ice

*substitutions may be half n half for the condensed milk and powdered tea, which is a far cry from actual steeped & brewed tea!

But this tea sounds fun, and tasty, try it if you discover it on a menu somewhere!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Have you heard of the new sweetner nectresse?

made by the Splenda people it claims to be *100% natural
made from the monk fruit
no calories

Included in free sample that I have received is recipe for Pomegranate Iced Green Tea.

*made from the blend of Erythritol, sugar, monk fruit extract, molasses.

they have FB, on-line, questions directed to 1 888-565-2229

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Tea sweepstakes:

A taste of summer sweepstakes is being offered by Swiss Premium Tea drinks. You'll find them in your refrigerated section of your grocery store. They claim to have no high fructose corn syrup and no preservatives.

If you visit their website (swiss-tea(dot)com) you can enter a contest to win getaways,amusement park getaways, camping goods,and other prizes. one needs a code off their product to enter

also codes are available through the mail as well.

Have fun hope you win!!

*I have no affiliation with this product or this company~ this is a general tea interest post.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Give your self a fighting chance against the flu

Drink Green, black and oolong tea because they all contain naturally occurring compounds that help ward off the flu!!

Tea has antioxidants and L-theanine (an amino acid that is found only in tea........

help boost your immune system~

Have a nice hot cuppa!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Tea is always good. I enjoy the oolong and chai (a spicy tea I purchased last Christmas). I attended a bridal shower and the party favor was enough tea for a pot of tea. YUMMY.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

What a lovely take home gift from the shower. I always love giving & receiving tea as a gift.

Ooolong and chai are also on my list of favorites to drink.

Lots of great fall/winter teas to try enjoy the tea tasting and come by the forum again to say hi!

Thanks

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Twinings of London has a three tea sample program.

One gets to pick three free samples of your choice from the Twinings tea line sent to you free of charge.

Also sent is a code for 15%off of any online purchase with them.

Learn more about them and the tea offer at: twiningsusa(dot)com

If you'd like to relate anything regarding your experience of tasting tea one can also visit www.twiningsusa(dot)com/3free

Have fun taste tea!

* I have no affiliation with this tea company or this advertisement. This is presented for the enjoyment of the tea readers.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
My kids gave me two boxes of Twinings tea - a Christmas tea and a Winter Spice. They are both very mild - I always enjoyed Celestial Seasonings Sugar Plum Spice Tea, however, I was not able to find it this Christmas. I see it is available online though.

Thank you for the info on Twinings - I do enjoy their breakfast tea and Earl Gray.

Last edited by Angie; 12/27/13 12:28 PM.
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie, I must say that is a wonderfully thoughtful gift! Tea is wonderful during the holiday season.

Spice teas taste wonderful during the holidays. Tea companies are constantly changing/or adding to their tea lines. I'm glad what you like is at least available on-line for purchase. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the supermarket themselves change what they are selling. Could be available at another market?

Anyway, you're welcome for the information on Twinings tea. I hope that you'll enjoy your experience with that tea and if you do you're welcome to post anything tea related here!

Happy New Year!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Coffee and Tea Festival

March 22-March 23, 2014

held at

69th Regiment Armory
68 Lexington Ave, NYC

Learn about tea, try teas, and watch demostrations

Can go directly to the website, purchase tickets, and then print them from home!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Scented tea is an infusion method of petals,fruits, spices or oils into black or green tea. This has been going on since the Ming Dynasty 1368-1644

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Sip yourself slim~ As reported in the March 2014 Issue of Family Circle magazine...Dr. Jeffrey Blumberg, a Tufts University professor of nutrition, stated that new research shows green tea may help people lose weight.

He tells readers to aim for two mugs of green tea per day that is *steeped for at least 3 minutes.

the combinations of the zero calories, caffeine and catechins it does speed up the metabolism.

*the longer that green tea seeps the higher content of antioxidants.

While some researchers do say that one would have to consume a lot more to see an actual weight loss from the drinking well it certainly won't hurt either.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
<sigh> I do not like the taste of green tea. On these cold miserable wintry days, tea sure has been a comfort.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie,

Have you tried to flavor the tea? Enhance with a drop of lemon or perhaps a drop of agave? honey?

I am doing an article on sweetening next week I shall try to include something about enhancing green tea. Perhaps try a blend with green tea in it?

Let me know if you try.
Thank you

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Oprah Chai

Starbucks coffee giant owns Teavana tea and they have partnered with Oprah Winfrey to launch Oprah Chai.

It is a chai masala infused with cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and clove. All of the proceeds from sales will benefit youth education charities.

Good job! Buy chai support education that's smart tea!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I had no idea that Teavana was owned by Starbucks.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie,

Most large major businesses often "acquire" other businesses to stay way on top of the heap. The Tea industry has long been up and coming, and it appears that many businesses want to have more than "one log on the fire" by aligning themselves with many facets of the drink industry.

Well established business that are acquired often keep their names due to the fact that they are quite known by the name and to change it would actually damage the brand.

Enjoy trying the new Oprah Chai and let us know how you liked it~

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Team Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Happy National Iced tea day!!!

Enjoy your favorite iced tea today~

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

What is Guayusa tea? It is pronounced (guy-use-a)
It is from the tree (similar to an evergreen here) called LLex Guayusa. It is native to the rainforest in the upper Amazon.

The leaves of this tree contain a large amount of caffeine; it is prepared as a tea and is used as a stimulant.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I've been very disappointed in the tea selections at some of the supermarkets. At one time, the selection in all the stores was really good but some of them have cut back. I enjoy Luzianne Tea but other than the Ice Tea bags my stores have not been carrying the brand. I switched to Tetley but I do like Red Rose, Bigalow and Twinings. Celestial is the herbal tea which I use during the winter.

Have you ever ordered tea online? I was in one of the malls yesterday and Teavanna has a shop there.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

Yes I have personally ordered tea on line. Many of them are very reliable and carry a great selection. Please however, stay with major houses that you have heard of before.

I just will not give a credit card order to just anyone.
Be aware.

Follow the sales too. They also offer great other food items and sweetners along with teaware and accessories.

If you like a particular brand, go right to the company website and sign up for web updates and coupons. Sometimes freebies.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I would probably order from Bigalow or Twinnings. My daughter purchases tea in the Philly area that I do not have here. It is loose tea in a polyester or silk bag. Mightyleaf is the brand name.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie,

All the brands you have mentioned are great brands that have been around for a long time. They are liked by most people. The internet is filled with brands and small tea merchants. Just be aware, always check out a brand making sure that they can "back up" their products. Ask for a money back guarantee.
I adore loose leaf in a silk bag...the best of both worlds. I personally have my "go to" brands

but I love to try new things, so I'm always dabbling in something new or always looking for samples. Good luck on your tea journey!

enjoy your Mighty Leaf smile

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Green Tea Member

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear readers,

When making and blending your own homemade teas please be aware that when using powdered ingredients to add to teas: for example as in chamomile powder, please make sure you read the labels ingredients.

Make sure that the powdered herb you are using does not contain any other ingredients.

Just an F.Y.I. because some products contain other ingredients and or chemicals.

Happy Tea making

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #881887 11/04/14 06:43 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

I thought and was inspired because of election day...I found a tea that congers thoughts about the great USA and our friends across the "pond"

Inspired by the great forests and ancient woodlands comes a tea called "National Parks Department" this tea was inspired by nature and rugged forests woodsy and earthy.

this tea and many others are offered by Bellocq Tea Antelier

this company came from London and has settled in Greenpoint (Brooklyn) New York. They have hand crafted unique and full leaf teas and accessories.

One can look at their very "pretty" web-site and can find their tea also avaialable at an assortment of cafe's and shops across the USA.

bellocq(dot)com

*I have no affiliation with this company and I am not being compensated in any way for this forum posting.

This post was to show the availability of handcrafted and blended teas and how the tea vender was also inspired.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Just for fun something new in a bottled tea?

The POM brand has come out with a super antioxidant tea called Super Tea.

4 flavors...worth a try pomegranate juice....but buyer beware look at labels for tea content and sugars!

Check newspapers for coupons.

*I have no affiliation with this company, nor am I being compensated for this mention... just keeping readers and tea drinkers informed. Thanks.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 11/14/14 01:31 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #883795 12/13/14 08:16 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Are you frustrated or stressed out? Getting edgy? To remedy this have a cup of green tea!
Why?

Green tea contains the chemical L-Theanine and this naturally produced chemical helps to reduce/ relieve anger!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Ever heard of Reality Tea??

I have been asked this several times already~ It is not a tea drink~

Reality Tea is a very hot blog about all things Reality T.V.!!

If this is your cup of tea then it can be found at:

www.reralitytea(dot)com

Have fun!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Readers,

Did you know that tea is now available in "K-cups"?

Many brands are now out there and in the stores......

check your newspapers for coupons for the brand Tazo (they have a green, a black and a chai available)

Tea w/o the boil? I might miss the whistle of the kettle then!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Mary I received a promotional email from Twinings about the K-cups.

Angie #886799 02/17/15 01:21 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

Please do answer all promotional and free coupons for tea at all time!!

It's not only to try it is also for taste testing~

It gets you a free cup of tea I highly recommend this~ also please check all bruised and reduced carts in many food stores~ they mark down tea for next to nothing at times~ for a damaged box or even if the store will no longer carry an item~

Have fun looking!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I've never seen tea on a reduced for quick sale rack. I sometimes purchase tea and other items at a place like Ollies. They feature oddball items.

Angie #886894 02/20/15 01:50 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

Sometimes for whatever reason, the store, has to pull the items because perhaps they won't be selling the brand anymore.. I have seen teas with absolutely nothing wrong with them in the quick sale cart just because it is a lower performer in that store!

75% off!! I grabbed up what I could.

It was like finding money on the street! Also sometimes cute little treats "ie: shortbread cookies" in some places considered seasonal.....yep in my tummy!! smile

Let me know if you have found anything delightful in your store!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 02/20/15 01:50 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

I ran across some new tea in a can~

It is certified organic. It is also fair trade certified.

I bought it in a 12 pack w/the three different flavors.
I bought it at a "warehouse" store.

They are 100% natural, 120 mg antioxidant, sweetened with cane sugars.(they are not sugar free)

They are from the Steaz company. Can be reached on-line at steaz(dot)com.

I found them very tasty over ice.

*I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company~ It is just another new tea product that has hit the market and I wanted to share this with you~

Enjoy.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, thanks for the info. Over ice isn't very appealing at the moment but I do enjoy iced tea.

Angie #888440 03/13/15 06:13 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Angie,

Spring is coming ~ Time for Iced Tea ??

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
LOL! at one time I drank gallons of iced tea. It was always a challenge to prepare the perfect tea. Then, for a number of years I stopped making the tea but last year I began making some for myself.

We made it with loose tea. The secret is to make sure that the sugar is dissolved in the hot water. My mother boiled the water, added the loose tea, and a smidgen of baking soda. I can drink it with lemon but it is not my favorite. In order to cut down on the sugar I will make the tea with the tea bag and a flavored tea eg., Plantation Mint or Lemon.

You're right, spring is around the corner. Yippee!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Angie -- I've never heard of anyone using baking soda in their tea. What effect does that give the iced tea?

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Well as I best recall, it helped preventing clouding and it helped keep the tea turning dark. We used Tetley loose tea years back and it had a rosy/ruddy color.

When I make my tea now I use tea bags but I bring the water to a boil; throw in the tea bags (which is what we would do with the loose tea); turn it off and let it brew. Back in the day, the small amount of baking soda would go in right after the loose tea when in and before the heat was turned off. The hot water and tea would be added to the pitcher with sugar dissolving in some water. This is southern style "Sweet Tea."

Last edited by Angie; 03/15/15 09:17 AM.
Angie #889051 03/26/15 07:25 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Ladies and gentleman tea readers, (angie & daisybun)

In my 7 years as a tea editor I truly have heard of the craziest things people, nationalities and otherwise foodies have put in their tea, although it's not too crazy, I never have heard of the baking soda thing before!

Earlier talking about passing tea ware down through the generations, so too are recipes, and cooking tips of many that have gone before us. Tried and true and as I always say:

If it works for you do it!

besides a pinch never hurt anyone~ smile

Tea Editor
Mary Caliendo

Last edited by mary-tea1; 03/26/15 07:27 AM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
LOL, my mother and aunt were always experimenting trying to perfect recipes. This one they used used and it worked well and it was only for iced tea.

Last edited by Angie; 03/26/15 09:30 AM.
Angie #889452 04/06/15 11:04 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

It is really nice to have the connection with recipes with our mothers & our aunts.
Did either of them have a special Iced Tea recipe? Beside the added baking soda?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi, Mary. Southern sweet iced tea is what we enjoyed. For the most part, coffee was served for breakfast and tea at lunch and dinner. I experiment by adding a little mint or lemon to my iced tea. I can cut down on the sugar that way. I enjoy infusions and other flavored teas but only drink coffee when I have company.

I find I have to go to the larger grocers to find a good selection to choose from. My daughter will send me seasonal teas when she sees them in her area. She lives in the Philadelphia area.

Angie #890084 04/16/15 10:05 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

Thank you so much for sharing! If anyone has ever had the "real" homemade sweet tea~ you'd all know when you just drank it wouldn't you agree? There's probably nothing like it!

I adore infusions and trying new things. I have always loved adding lemon as well, anything to cut down on sugar is always a good thing!

There are some really fabulous on-line tea sites that carry a wide variety of teas. Some however, may be quite pricey. If tea is kept in a cool place and stored in an air-tight container, it can be kept well after a year(some teas are delicate though) perhaps buying in bulk may work for you?

Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I had gone to Teavanna and purchased some tea in bulk. It was delicious but I have not been back.

Angie #890613 04/27/15 05:13 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie, It is good to experiment with different brands. Some people shop teas for their history behind how they manage their tea fields to people who are stedfast tea bag only users, who for some reason or other will not even try a loose brand.

These tea drinkers only want a drink for convenience rather than anything else.

Buying in bulk may save you money in many ways:

it may lower the cost of even a very expensive tea, you may be at an exclusive small batch tea and have gotten in on a first flush of tea, also buying in bulk creates convenience to some as they know tea kept in air tight container lasts a long time~

Keep enjoying tea and let us all know on any other new tastings you may try, I'd love to hear your experiences~

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

The Lipton Tea Company turns 125 years old!
The world-wide tea company was started by Sir Thomas Lipton in 1890.

The company will have all kinds of fun activities, contests, and festivals planned for their birthday! Please go to their website to see.

www.liptontea(dot)com

Also see them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr

*I have no affiliation with this company and I receive no compensation for this mention.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, How ironic. I was in Washington DC for a few days, the Daughters of the American Revolution are celebrating their 125th anniversary this year - and Lipton is celebrating 125 years also -

The American Revolution had its roots in tea - "the Boston Tea Spillers"!

M
M
I've learned something new! I had never heard of refrigerator tea. It something I'll have to try.
Thank you for this info.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
MsJody_7137,

Sounds like a blast in Washington D.C. I hope you got to see some fun exhibits, museums and even some...dare I say free tea stuff???

I hope your refrigerator tea comes out well! Let me know how it goes! Have a fabulous summer!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

The Sunday July 19,2015 issue of the Parade newspaper supplement magazine did an interview with Huffington Post's very own Ariana Huffington about health and sleep.

They have endorsed a "Better Than Counting Sheep" ways to get to sleep and #2 on their list is sip some tea!
Chamomile tea no caffeine, also noted was that the true ritual of tea is a clue to the mind that you'd be relaxing!
So it is as much about the tea as it is the ritual!

A product itself was endorsed in the article: One option, Yogi Bedtime tea organic and contains an herb named valerian along with chamomile... these both induce sleep.

So perhaps a book & a cup of tea? ZZZZ..your night away!

*I have no affiliation with/nor am I being compensated for the mention of the above tea brand nor Parade Magazine or Huffington Post or Ariana Huffington.

Have a great day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Lovers,

One can send a lovely "well-wish" and get two samples of tea for free to someone special!

The Yogi Tea brand will send this personal message for you at their site~

please go to the web site at yogiproducts(dot)com/well-wishes/

Have fun!

*I have no affilliation with the Yogi Company, I am not endorsing the company and I will receive no compensation for this mention!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Lovers,

If you like Lipton tea products one can go to their web-site to receive promotional items and coupons and free products and whatever may be going on such as sweepstakes etc.

I have recently received a coupon for $1.00 off and a cute little tea bag travel pouch in the mail!

Please see Liptontea(dot)com on can even tell Lipton what you think about their products at: 888-547-8668.

Thanks!

*I have no affiliation with the Lipton company, and I am not being compensated in any way by this company for this mention. This is for tea readers interest. Thank you.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 09/18/15 01:15 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi, checked out the site; couldn't find coupons or other freebies but I was amazed at the list of teas they have.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

The site is constantly changing keep checking and sign up your email address as they will also send you alerts.

I find that alot of tea companies will do the same also!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #912807 08/10/16 01:09 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Please remember that as the tea market opens way up to more and more ideas and products, the "buzz words" will also come with it. I have done many articles on the meaning of most them. Now with legitimate words and phrases in the retail and medicinal markets, it will still be buyer beware in the field of tea.

Here's a small list of things that may appear on the box of tea or bottle of tea. Try to be an educated consumer by noticing them when reading the labels or looking for them if you want to purchase certain types of items.

Natural
Organic
GMO
Fair Trade
Craft
RTD (Ready to Drink)
hybrid

wellness trends:

all natural
energy boosting
relaxation
fortification

The beverage industry predicts more natural and organic trends in tea.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #915418 11/06/16 11:12 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Don't forget to check through your newspapers for coupons for tea and tea products.

This weekend:

Celestial Seasons has a coupon for two boxes of tea bags savings $1.00
*holiday teas are out

**also I have no affiliation with this tea brand, this post for the expressed interest of reading material for tea readers.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #915508 11/09/16 04:53 PM
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I've got it. I'm looking for Bigelow's Peppermint Bark tea even if I do not have a coupon.

Angie #915948 11/29/16 08:34 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

Anything Bigelow is fabulous too! Peppermint is here! Enjoy!!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Tea growth often depends entirely on the weather conditions, as do most farmed crops, I have read from several sources recently, that some outdoor plantations (not hot-house type for ex.) in India have experienced dry and arid autumns and a too soon frost have caused some frost damage. This may lessen the supplies of Indian tea supplies, especially for small batch farmers.

So if your particular brand is hard to obtain or has skyrocketed, this may be why.Analysist have predicted a rebound in about mid-February.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
We'll see how it goes? Thanks for the update..

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie, I'll keep everyone posted. Let me know if you experience any changes in obtaining your tea.

Thanks.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, I just order a batch from Red Rose.

Originally Posted By mary-tea1

Dear Angie, I'll keep everyone posted. Let me know if you experience any changes in obtaining your tea.

Thanks.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Angie, Oh good you will most likely not, nor will any of the large tea companies suffer at all. It will only be noticed by the very small farmer and small batch farmer.

Thanks!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,
The legends of oh how Earl Grey came to be are somewhat varied, however, most people agree that Earl Grey is flavored with bergamot oil (which are Italian oranges).

The legend is that Earl Charles Grey was shipping black tea with the oranges in the same cargo. The tea easily absorbed the odor of the oranges scent. Thus, his Tea mixed with the oranges became his Namesake tea, Earl Grey.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I love Earl Grey tea but I wouldn't think of it as having an orange flavor.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Maybe this should be called tidbits with tea! Try the Apricot balls, either my recipe on Sandwiches or Lestie's in the Desserts Forum. Biscoff cookies are great, too!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Connie,

That sounds fabulous!! Thank you!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #920025 05/01/17 05:53 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea lovers,

If you've heard the term "spill the tea", you might live in the Southern Central States of the United States, where the stereotype goes:
Southern ladies sit around drinking tea on porches and spill the tea!

It means to gossip and talk about others as you relax and sip your tea!

It's not nice to spill your tea~ especially if you actually spill your tea!

Have a happy day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 05/01/17 05:54 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Mary Never heard that expression before....

Angie #920030 05/01/17 06:07 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

I had not heard of this either! I think it's the next generation (the younger ones) making these things up. I stumbled across it in an article and did a bit of research and it popped up!

kind of cute term, however, minus the gossip part!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
It sounds like a take-off on "spill the beans" which means to reveal a secret.

Angie #920431 05/18/17 02:15 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

It's cute right?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
It's cute but I don't like to spill the tea LOL!!!

Angie #920443 05/18/17 04:29 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,
Mums the words(for gardeners), or mince the words (foodie speak) LOL

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 05/18/17 04:30 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

The Starbucks owned Teavana stores are closing! It was announced in Forbes Magazine online that Starbucks is pulling the plug on all 379 stores by the end of next year!

Even though some are still profitable, but may be considered underperforming in some instances. Starbucks hasn't found the correct fit it appears in wanting to extend out their business. Please be on the look out for clearance and reduced merchandise and products in the upcoming months!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, I can understand that - it is a tea and accessory store. It is not a place where you go in and sit down for a cup of tea, pastry, and social time with a friend.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie

Teavana, had many stand alone stores that are called tea bars.They also serve lite fair food.
Before Starbucks bought the brand, they were a nice higher-end tea company that was slanted to small batch and sustainable tea.
Starbucks did keep on most of their tea and included some others.

I think it is just another loss swallowed by a large major company with ton of money.

*my opinions expressed here are my own.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, the only Teavana I have ever been in has only tea and accessories.

It is a shame. I really dislike when stores are gobbled up and then cast off. Their teas are really nice altho' I do not get to that particular mall often.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

As time has passed a bit, Starbucks claims that it is their business plan and they are shuttering these stores because they have some that are not a successful as others? In other words, some of them are quite successful yet they will shut them because others are not? Again, why wouldn't you keep the profitable ones open then? I think the business plan might just not be successful! How about you? Diversification is great, but I think some business as you said just gobble up stuff!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, was their plan to buy it and shut it down? They should try to find a buyer who specializes in Tea. They were pursuing sales in China. Will they now shut all those shops down there too or just here.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, here is an article - seems they buy the brand; keep the manufacturing facility but close the retail outlet; sell the product at Starbucks coffee shops or grocery Starbucks and their Acquisitions .

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

A superior court judge in Indiana has blocked Starbucks from closing at least 77 Teavana Stores! The location of the injunction are malls currently in Indiana where Simon, the largest shopping mall operator in America is based.

This injunction is only temporary, but the Mall owners are claiming that if Starbucks shuts all of the Teavana stores at once they will suffer a great loss as mall owners financially.

Starbucks says Teavana is a losing investment and claim that keeping them open will cost them 100's of millions!

More to come.....

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I have often wondered if Starbucks purchased this investment to shut it down. Why didn't they try to sell the franchise instead of closing it down? I really wish that these large corporations would be dismantled and spun off into small entities rather than a few companies owning everything.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

I'm not sure. I really think that Starbucks thought that they'd get more foot traffic when in all actuality fewer people are going to malls unless it is for specialty goods, foods, and services.

I think they sure could've advertised more such as with they do they Starbucks app., etc. Tea drinkers could've formed the rewards as the coffee account holders do. We'll see what happens here, perhaps they'll get more creative to keep them open and profitable.

Thanks for reading!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Thanks for clearing this up. I loved Teavana and ever since this switch, I've not visited. Something didn't seem right ... I didn't even realize Starbucks had bought it.

Katherine Tsoukalas
Natural Living Editor
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Katherine,

Well, we'll see what happens to the company.
Afterall, many people loved the tea long before it was part of Starbucks.

Hoping that it may just become some type of separate entity, but even the high performing stores were affected too! It's an interesting thing.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

I hope that you and your family and friends have averted the flu this year. Remember drinking tea, especially green tea(more antioxidants) will help to naturally boost your immunity system! This will help you build up a defense against the flu. Stay healthy by also washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into the crux of your elbow.

Have a happy day!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 02/10/18 11:30 AM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Don't forget Sunday, June 10th is National Iced Tea Day! How will you celebrate? For fun little tidbits, a small history, some recipes for Iced Tea please go to:

Nationalicedteaday(dot)com

Celebrate Summer out on the porch with some iced tea! Sounds terrific.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,
Did you know that drinking tea regularly can protect you against degenerative and cardiovascular disease?

Drink tea regularly for your health.

*Always seek medical attention and the advice of your doctor regarding your health concerns.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
love tea but not crazy about green tea.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I like Ceylon black tea or herb teas such as Celestial Seasonings' Bengal spice.
:)

Angie #928862 07/10/18 04:20 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

I read an article that once said, tea drinking people have health on their mind. and have already a step into health as they are drinking tea. It doesn't have to be green tea.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Susan,

Wow, the Bengal Spice tea sounds rich and delicious! Thanks, I hadn't heard of this one!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
About Bengal Spice Tea - it puts a tiger in your tank. LOL

Angie #929872 10/05/18 11:11 PM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Readers,

Here's a fun little tidbit you can use for your next tea party or shower, I think it's adorable to put your spread or dip in a teacup in the center of your tray and the surround the cup with crackers or the veggies,or putting a fruit dip/fluff in a teacup and then surrounding the cup with strawberries and other fruits or cookies.

I think this Tea Editor may need to host a party, also I'm hungry!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 11/19/18 03:41 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Here's a fun little tidbit! Did you know that $5.00 out of every $25.00 spent dining out is spent on a beverage, and millennials make up the largest group of consumers out dining and they are also now the largest consumer of tea and ready to drink tea beverages!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Mary, beverages are an expensive part of a meal. At lunch I generally order a sweet tea but most of my friends will order a glass of water. It's unbelievable what a Starbucks costs.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I've been ordering some of my tea from Red Rose but I do enjoy Bigelow and Twinings. I'm looking forward to the Christmas mints.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Hi Tea Readers and enthusiasts,

I know a lot of people enjoy the Kombucha type teas. There are many brands out there. But as always it is on the buyer to beware. We are learning to read labels which is important to our overall general health, and sometimes it is ultra important to those who have health issues.

The Health-Ade Kombucha beverages haven't been truthful on their labels. They have underreported their contents, to the point that it was harmful to many people. Last year there was a class action lawsuit filed because their labels had the sugar levels incorrectly reported. They were 2-4 times more, thus causing health concerns of their consumers.

Yet another class action lawsuit that is claimable this year, is that this Kombucha beverage is a non-alcoholic beverage as written on their label. But as it turns outs the beverage contains 2 times-4 times the amount of alcohol, thus making it an alcoholic beverage!!

If you have purchased this brand of Kombucha you have the right to join the class action lawsuit and have purchased this brand from the dates of 3/6/14-5/24/19 without proof of purchase(up to $40.) and with purchase receipts (up to $80.)
If you would like to join, you can file a claim online at

https://www(dot)hakombuchasettlement(dot)com

Please continue to be good consumers and read all the labels on the foods and drinks you consume and please report the brand if you do find some type of discrepancy.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 06/05/19 05:07 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers

Celestial Seasonings Tea is coming out with another new line of tea. This line is called TEA WeLL it is organic teas that have four varieties, each one will also contain what the company is calling a " Daily Wellness Core" inside of the tea. The company feels these are innovative new blends that will reshape their wellness tea.

The Daily Wellness Core will consist of: antioxidant support which is green rooibos tea
immune support which is elderberry
digestion dandelion root
mental vitality Panax ginseng
the new blends are Organic Honey Lemon, Organic Lemon Chamomile, Organic Matcha Green, and Organic Ginger Mint

Look in your coupon sections, the company has issued a $1.00 off coupon. *** If you go to their website, you can sign up for their email and they will issue a 10% off coupon, there is also a customer care page, where you can send an email. or call a customer care line with any questions you may have. www.celestialseasonings(dot)com

They do sound innovative and I do see that they are trying to address the trends in tea. But as editor here I just want to remind everyone that one should always seek out their doctor's advice regarding the use of herbs and fruits or extracts. At times your medications may interact. It is good to check just to be safe.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Last edited by mary-tea1; 07/13/19 05:33 PM.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.