logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693775 06/08/11 01:03 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I'm feeling the need to live through you all vicariously as I don't have any cycling trips planned for this year. I'll ride around home here in Alaska, but nothing out-of-state. I'd sure like to hear about where you ride, even if it's just your local area. Do you have a favorite route or destination?

I was riding into work yesterday on the bike path that borders our intertidal mud flats. I enjoyed noting on which mounds of grass the gulls and ducks were nesting, as well as that the shooting stars, chocolate lilies and wild iris are all in bloom now. I didn't see any river otters or bears, however, but I may not have been out early enough. It's amazing what you see when you're not flying by at 55 mph!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I saw sooooo many riders in CO and even went into a little bike shop in Boulder that sold all kinds of cool bikes. I miss riding but have so many tailbone injuries that it's painful to do it. Do you know of any seats that are good for people with nasty tailbone issues?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

S
OP Offline
S
I'd suggest a seat that has a cut-out area in the back so that your tailbone is suspended rather than resting on the seat. There are lots of manufacturers that make them. If you go to a good bike shop, you should be able to try out different models before you buy.

Good luck!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I haven't been riding in a while - my poor bikes are getting dusty! Hopefully once I get back from my upcoming trip I'll be able to settle down and get some bike time in.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
OP Offline
S
I hope you do, too, Lisa. I'm guessing you don't have to worry about rain keeping you in!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I just came back from a ride along the Shining Sea bike path that runs from Woods Hole up through Falmouth on Cape Cod. I didn't make it a long ride, my butt is still tender. It takes 3-4 days of cycling for it firm up when I haven't been riding for a while. It's a beautiful ride though, through woods and then along the shore of Vineyard Sound with salt ponds on the other side and past an osprey nest up on a pole, full of young birds calling for dinner.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I rode along the Shining Sea bike path again today. This time I went more than twice as far before buttburn set in. Progress!

S
OP Offline
S
Shining Sea - sounds like a nice ride. How long is the full length? What's the terrrain like? Details, please! We'be been having weeks of 50 degrees and rain here in Alaska; I need to live vicariously through someone!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.