Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is something taken from back in Feb. when I was speaking w/LCP about just "feeling" I'd been having about quakes lately.

Originally Posted By: Eleise - Clairvoyance
There's 2, actually, to me that feel to be hovering around the index I mentioned above. One is in the US or travels up through the US and another country. This other one feels like it's across the waters or islands. The one in the US seems to have something to do w/mountains.

Not that long ago I felt an earthquake would happen along a fault that either isn't known to be active or wasn't known at all, so an earthquake where you wouldn't normally think there to be one.

After the NZ earthquake I looked that up and read it was along an unknown fault. Having said that, though, it's still not the magnitude I was feeling.

8.9 Quake Hits Japan

Now this is closer to the magnitude that was coming through. But also within those feeling were that it goes between 2 lands? So what the two lands are, I'm not positive yet, but they are separated by water.

I've been keeping an eye not searching, but just out for headlines, because one of the other quakes had to do w/mountains and in the US. We just got our internet re-connected from our move to our new home recently so I haven't been on quite alot.

When it was up and running, one of the first headlines had to do w/a quake but it was like 5.9 or something and specifically said there were no Tsunami warnings.

I told my husband "There should be. I feel one comes in." He told me I could look up quakes and tsunami relevence if that'd make me feel better and 5.9 was in general too low. Still I said, "They should give them a warning, like conditions are right...like what we have for tornados."

So the 8.9 that came through awhile ago, but "goes between two lands" That I don't know quite yet. There would be water separating these two lands. So I can't find a big enough map yet to see.

The whole point of this is, if this is the "goes between 2 lands thing, then I feel more the next one is may be more centered in the US but of equal proportion.

I'm only getting "plain states", like little fraction quakes leading up to this CA or CO or Canada (CA)?

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 03/11/11 06:46 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I remember once posting something about a woman who won some type of award as an ivestigative reporter, her courage in presenting controversial issues but being stopped at the border between her country and the country presenting it AND being held, not allowing her to retrieve her award..

I remember one of the responses back then being, "Thank goodness we don't live in times like that in this country where people are free to say and feel what they think."

Do you feel we are more free to feel and say what we think or do you feel there are limitations...keeping you from being brave enough to act on exactly what you do?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
W
Shark
Shark
W
It's been awhile Elleise. The calculator is a good tool. I don't think food shortage is going to happen all at once like some people think though.

I think it's going to be a hike here, an elimination there. More and more regulations.

If you've the means to stretch what you've got do it. Emergencies are in addition to what's coming.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Jeeze-louise,

You've got that right...

On many levels too. And, there's been a huge move to (what's the word I'm looking for) SQUELCH (eureka!) the nagging nellies, pointing this stuff out. It's negative you see wink

So basically, it's o.k. to talk about recycling, butterflies, trees, flowers, birds, etc. and those are o.k. too, but there are other important factors that should be openly discussed as well.

Regulations yes, hikes, political trade-offs as well, like this country wants kick-backs from this industry, that country will settle for XYZ and yet another country will be promised somethign else. It will all come back on the people and they will be told, "It's for their own good or they're taking something off the shelf because they found too much sodium or something..." It will be more about control though.

Point in tact. Recently, I went to purchase seeds online (just seeds). I noticed at the bottom of a few websites red writing..."FDA regulations..."

Didn't think too much about it at first. I hadn't decided what exactly I wanted for sure and I was still pricing. I grow, dry and preserve my hown herbs. Guess what I needed to send before they could ship it to me?

My driver's license.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Elleise, I posted on this awhile back. How the heirloom, non-genetically modified seeds would be harder to come by. I'm not certain if that is what you were ordering. Having to provide your Driver's License is a clear indication that regulations and databases are already underway for home gardeners. Use of non-genetically modified seeds has already been litigated out of the commercial farming industry.

Providing a driver's license to buy seeds!!!! Am I being paranoid, or are they already taking names and addresses?

With each passing day, new law and regulation, we ARE being corralled like cattle. When the government deems an ingredient or product is "not good," that industry is squelched into compliance with lobbyists, negatively skewed information, and then regulation and taxation.

It is simply a means of control for us "Cattle." Since we all don't have Harvard degrees, we can't possibly know what's good for our families and ourselves. We are too ignorant for those decisions. Personal responsibility is being replaced with government regulation.

Are we free to do and say what we feel? Most certainly not on many levels. Are heirloom seeds bad for us? No, they are bad for the seed companies and the government. Unlike genetically modified seeds, these plants produce harvestable seeds that will grow new productive plants. This limits the seed companies profit (they are only purchased once) and the governments' revenue on taxes.

Having reproductive seeds in the populace leaves the government with less control over the food supply. That may very well be why you had to provide your driver's license

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Yes, they were/are heirloom seeds.

The kinds that are just basic, if you know what you're doing to make what you'd expect to need.

I'm breaking up my orders. Getting some from here some from there. There's just no reason for a Dr. license. It's seeds and preservation thingies.

Anyway, since the "red" writing-hood (FDA notations at the bottoms of some of these sites) and it's new, meaning I've not seen it in the past, there are still sites that don't have it. I was actually shocked to see it in the first place.

I'm just getting my stuff now from places that don't require a copie of my Dr. licence.

I've noticed Visa vs. MC are having "issues" as well.

But if you need something and can't get it locally, honestly I'd get it now.

The basics or the base maybe you'd need to really get your full garden going...one that is perpetual on a multitude of levels.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
There's so much on the internet and TV about buying things while we still can. When I first started looking into all this a few years back, it was quite hard to believe at the time.

What is the issue with seeds anyway? It takes one look at the big picture to understand that whoever controls the food, controls the people.

I guess "Domestic Tranquility" has a new definition and it's not what our Founding Fathers were writing about.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.