Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hey Linda Sue,

This sounds fascinating and well worth some research by me for me for sure. Thanks for posting, will follow up, Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Dear Lestie,

Trees ,especially ,the weeping white birch tree, are of the outmost importance in my life.
I do not cry for the passing of a human being,but I do for trees.

loong

Parakeet
Parakeet
You're welcome, Lestie! I think there is a lot of research done in this area. Lots of support for the feelings and reactions of plants.

Have a happy day!

Blessings,
Linda Sue Grimes
Maya Shedd's Temple
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello loong, why do you grieve especially for a weeping white birch tree. Does this have a special significance in your life? Share if you will and say thanks,

Lestie Mulholland

A
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
A
Hi Lestie, I don't remember how the reaction of the plants to different people was recorded, but it was definitely recorded. Some kind of graphic recording I think, but I am not sure. Recently in Australia too it was concluded after experimentation that even though plants don't have a brain, they still were able to learn and remember.

And I think the term 'Green thumb' basically works with those who love their plants and plants in turn respond by healthy growth.

Anu Dharmani

Orchids Editor

Signup for Orchids Newsletter for the latest on the orchids.
Koala
Koala
To Lestie,

First ,When I see a tree being cut ,I cry.White weeping Birch where I live are extremely rare.I remember of two and both were cut down so that the stores signs could be seen better.

If you would follow me on Buddhism you would see that I prefer Spiritual Land ,far more than manslang.

Trees are sentient beings ,defenseless.
that is why

loong

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi loong and everyone,

How right you are about trees. We have Philistines working in our municipalities who, without thought and a STUPID order signed by a DULL person, go around chopping down trees in our avenues ... trees that have been in our suburbs for many many many years. The last tree was cut down in front of my home for the reason ... wait for it, because it might fallover. Unbelievable.

Other reasons given are vague or not acceptable and for the most part remind me of that saying "Just because you can does not mean that you should."

Most times I believe that an amoeba is more intelligent.
And I cry.

Anyway - moving on now to happier thoughts, we have a really beautiful white stinkwood tree in our back garden - it offers shade, greenery and a fine home to the weavers who build their nests in it safely. I often sit under it contemplating the middle distance as I fall in love all over again with my gardening and containers and all and all. Lucky me.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

Koala
Koala
Dear Lestie,

never heard the word :Stinkwood:

Is it a hard wood tree ,soft wood like pine?

Loong
Norm

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi there loong and all,

Straight from Wikipedia I copy -

"Celtis africana (White Stinkwood) is a tree in the family Cannabaceae. The species is common across large areas of the South and East of Southern Africa, ranging from a tall forest tree to a medium-sized tree in bushveld and open country, to a shrub on rocky soil."

There is a lot of other information on this tree, and who knows, maybe they are to be found in the US under a different name.

Stinkwood furniture is valued and a good investment as it is beautiful and hard. But as I say, ours in the back garden is a beauty and certainly will not be cut down for any reason, least of all because it may fall over or for furniture.

Must say I have never seen or even thought of Stinkwood as a shrub. I learnt something today.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

Koala
Koala
Dear Lestie,
Thank You.

Where I live .last nite was -35 degrees celcius.

loong

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/12/24 08:57 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.