Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#703466 07/25/11 08:46 AM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Do you ever use moon water for rituals or cleansing crystals or other magikal tools?

How do you prepare your moon water?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I prepare Moon Water by using water from the rain butt or a natural spring. Then I expose the glass or jar to the light of the full moon for several nights running while the moon is both gibbous and full (no mean feat in cloudy England!). At the full moon, and on the third day after the full moon I also frame the moon in a triangle made by touching the tips of my thumbs together to form the base and tilting my hands together until each index finger of my hands forms the other two sides.

Then I concentrate on containing the lunar energies within the frame and, still seeing the moon in my minds eye and feeling the energies in the frame, bring the frame down until it encapsulates the jar. Then send the energies into the jar.

I find it a useful scrying tool - particularly when the moon is in Scorpio, or Pisces, healing when the moon is in Cancer or Virgo and energising when the moon is in Aries.

It also makes a useful aspirging water when contacting Goddesses such as Artemis, Diana, and Astarte. But only after casting a circle and banishing any unwanted influences.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
Thanks, Ian. This is helpful. I want to have some moon water to cleanse my stones with.

How long can moon water be kept for its useful energies?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Not suprisingly Moon Water usually keeps about 28 days just on it's own. Keeping in a cool dark place in a silk bag or wrapping works to keep the charge for slightly longer. But to really stabilise the energies it's best to cleanse stones such as quartz crystal or moonstone by Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Expose them to the same lunar energies, then add them to the water before storing it. This keeps them for about 3 months.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
Thanks, Ian. I will put all this in my journal.

Deanna wrote an article on the Faery Moon. Since I am of Celtic heritage and learned much from my father about the Celtic Mists and Faeries, I would like to prepare some Moon Water from the Faery Moon. At what point in the Faery Moon phase should I begin the process?

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/28/11 03:14 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's a good article with excellent advice. I would gather the water on the new moon itself, and stabilize it with the crystals. I would also gather dew on the day before and after the new moon.

The best way to do this is to go to an area of long grass, cast a faery circle and ask them to empower the dew within it. tie a bandanna to each ankle and walk clockwise in a spiral in towards the centre of the circle. The bandannas collect the dew and you can wring them out into a container such as a glass jar. If the bandannas get too full of water before you reach the centre of the circle you can wring them into the jar before carrying on towards the centre.

The dew can be added to the moon water, or stored and used separately.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
OP Offline
Wonderful! Thanks, Ian. That is awesome about the use of bandannas because I have two that belonged to my father.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ooooooh, this sounds absolutely fabulous!!! I will be doing this too Phyllis and Ian! I LOVE this idea.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

OP Offline
Isn't this exciting?!!! I can hardly wait. I have my bandannas and jar ready to go. There is a LOT of tall grasses on the little mountain behind me -- sage and wild grasses are abundant out there. I am sure I shall find a good place to cast the faerie circle. Oh! in the cove! The little cove where all the mists gather in early morning. That is where I often imagine that Avalon is calling. When the mists roll down from the mountain above and settle into the cove.

This is going to be so special.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
So - I will be getting up about 3AM to go out and gather the morning dew. I sure hope no one sees me out there walking in a circle with bandannas tied around my ankles. laugh

I did not wake up early enough this morning to do the ritual - am I going to be too late, Ian, if I do it (dew it) tomorrow morning?

What do you think, Deanna? Did you go out this morning or will you go out tomorrow morning?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Oh! I forgot - I started my moon water late last night. I put two crystals in the water jar and set it on the railing of my patio in the spot where I see the moon rise each evening. I took the jar in this morning and set it in a cool dark place. I just set it outside again.

Because of the little mountain behind me, I will not see the moon for a while yet. Hopefully, the sky will clear up. We have had thunder clouds all day plus there is a wildfire not far from me and the smoke has been drifting over the mountain.

It looks like the sky is clearing up nicely now.

Did either of you start some Faerie Moon Water?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
T
T
I have never heard of moon water -- what is it used for, just cleansing and immersing items to invoke power in them? also, Faerie Moon, I saw that and put it on my calendar a month or so ago - I was just interested in it as I'd never heard it was a real thing - and I designed a t-shirt years ago called Fairy Moon - sold a lot of those! LOL

twisted kilt #705055 08/02/11 01:00 AM
OP Offline
Moon water is beneficial in cleansing crystals after their energies have been used in a ritual or healing session.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
T
T
Thank you Phyllis -- my son is in training for a job that will have him traveling alot, internationally too. I bought a few stones and a crystal -- my thought is to have him carry these for safe travel... I am/will be a wreck.

twisted kilt #705207 08/02/11 08:56 PM
OP Offline
You are welcome. It is difficult to let our children go their way in life. The stones will be of great assistance for protection for your son and peace of mind for you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I got so lucky with my dew gathering!! I have roses, and SOOOO many of the petals served as little we spoons filled with dew. I was able to gather quite a bit.

I anointed myself and my tools with it before I started my ceremony.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

OP Offline
I only got a little less than 1/4 cup. I left the two bandannas out all night Saturday on the grass and then gathered a little more with a cotton ball. Since I could not do the faerie circle (too many people out that early in the morning for some reason) I quietly murmured to the faeries and thanked them. I left them some little pieces of cake.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 08/05/11 05:55 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.