logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#703237 07/23/11 01:22 PM
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I got an email from youtube(google) offering me revenue share on my workout videos and I'm not accepting their offer. After reading the terms I just feel like I don't want them to have that much control over my content.

It is definitely a tempting offer because it adds an additional revenue stream to the mix but my boyfriend and I talked about it and we both just felt it was not worth it to sell out like that. Would you want youtube/google putting ads all over your videos and having the power to remove your videos if they didn't meet their eligibility guidelines?

I don't rely on youtube for tons of traffic but I do get a bit of traffic from there so I would not want to have what happened to Darren Rowse happen to me.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 07/23/11 01:28 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I think you made the right decision. I am finding all kinds of people trying to take advantage.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
That's how it is online. You got shady marketers and even good companies like google and youtube who's only concern is their bottom dollar.

My experience has been that your goals can fit into the grand scheme of things it's really just a matter of knowing what matters to you and figuring out a way to turn your vision of what you want into a reality that works for you. I heard some nasty person talk trash about one of my sites not too long ago, how it was full of ads yada yada yada (the level of hate this person was spewing was scary).

I never replied because I'm totally o.k. with that revenue stream. I give away tons of free content over there and nobody is ever forced to buy a thing or coerced into clicking an ad. That is what I love about SBI. They teach you that you don't have to sell a thing or sell out to make a living doing what you love.

Tiger
Tiger
I got an email for one of mine too but haven't followed through with it as a lot of the ads annoy me and it is not a focus for me. That being said, one of the features I like about youtube ads is the little X to close them while you are viewing video.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My issue isn't so much with the ads being on the video. Obviously people can close it like you said. I just don't want to send out mixed messages.

If I upload a bodyweight cardio workout and my message is that you don't need machines or diets to get lean and fit then youtube/google puts ads for Jenny Craig or Nordictrack all over it then that's not cool with me and I have no way to control that. They have 100% control over that.

I know tons of fitness pros who would make a killing with revenue share but they choose not to because of this. I don't mind if a company advertises a product I don't like below or above or next to my video but right on it is like purposely sending mixed messages to my viewers. People are already confused enough about how to burn fat.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.