Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#701107 07/10/11 11:52 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Remember ABBA??

In the last few years they were offered millions of dollars to tour again - they said "no thanks." LOL!! Guess they've had enough of touring!

One of my fave songs by them was "Girl with the Golden Hair." I also loved "Take a Change," and "Does Your Mother Know?"

How about you? What was your favorite ABBA song?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've never forgotten ABBA - they're my favorite band ever - I was brought up listning to them. I have way too many favorite songs of there's, but I love ' The Winner Takes It All', 'One Of Us', 'The Day Before You Came' and 'Thank-You For the Music.'

I listen to them all the time and love Agnetha - one of the most beautiful girls in the pop world ever, with a fantastic voice smile She was the main reason they stopped touring & can't tour or ever would again - she's terrified of travelling, she's been in a plane crash and two bus crashes on the road touring (she lost a child in one if I remember correctly.) She's lovely though smile Better to remember them all as they were I think too smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh Steven, I had no idea!!! Poor Agnetha. I think that would sour me on touring too!!!

"Thank you for the music" that's the one I was thinking of!!!

"I'm a Marionette" was another one of my faves. I used to listen to Abba - The Album over and over and over!

So was Agnetha the blonde one? Didn't the dark haired gal do a solo album?

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I was so happy to see the movie "Mama Mia" and hear all their great songs.

Super Trooper is another favorite!!! I haven't heard it nearly as often as the others, but I LOVE it.

Also, everytime I perform "Fernando," I always get the best reaction from the audience laugh Even the younger folks love it!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, Agnetha's the blonde, Anna Fried (Frieda) is the brunette. They've both done solo albums. I remember me and my best friend would sing ABBA songs on the school trips LOL - we didn't care. There is a song called 'The Girl with the Golden Hair' by them - it was meant to be a whole musical.

I can't stand the Mamma Mia movie, the only scene I like is with the two younger ones in love singing 'Lay all your love on me' (I love that song) - because they're the only ones that can sing in that movie LOL smile I was thinking why have they cast all these ppl that can't sing? It was just to get top stars in the movie. They didn't even have to sing as part of their auditions - ridiculous I think. Love ABBA though smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Steven, "The Girl with the Golden Hair," is one of my favorite songs by them.

When I was in chorus in 8th grade, my teacher asked me to sing that song as a solo. I was so excited - but too scared to do it. What a sad day as I left school that day.

Okay, I do agree, most of the actors in Mama Mia.... well, yeah, their singing is a bit off, isn't it LOL. But I think the movie is just funny.

There's another movie that has lots of ABBA music in it. I think it's Muriel's Wedding.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, Muriel's Wedding is a funny film - I love the way she uses their music to lift her up and inspire her to do all the things she wants to do. "You're awful Murial"" LOL - that's one of mine and my friends lines in an Aussie accent - cos they say it a lot in the movie haha.

Yeah, Mamma Mia is very popular, lots of people love it. It did have it's funny moments. The stage show is meant to be great because everyone gets up and dances and sings along to the songs.

That's ashame you couldn't sing the song. I remember I did something similar - it was in a group and I just mimed while they sand LOL. ABBA songs are really difficult to sing because the girls voices, Agnetha's a soprano and Frieda's just down if I remember correctly - that's why they sound so in unison.

If you've ever seen ABBA week on X Factor or Idol - ABBA always seperates the ones who can really sing from the ones who can't. They're amazing in my eyes. There music is so joyful, but it's also so truthful and tragic toward the end when they were going through their divorces - that's when they wrote a lot of their best music. Like Fleetwood mac (is that how you spell it? LOL)

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
It has to be 'Dancing Queen'!

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Steven,

Yes, Fleetwood Mac did come to a rather sad ending, didn't they.

I know... I was SOOOO sad, but just too afraid to sing that song!! I had no idea ABBA songs were difficult to sing. I must fall into the same range as one of them.

Now Steven, I'm all excited to add an ABBA song to my list of songs!!! Though I do Fernando already.... I want to add something else now!

I've never seen Factor X or Idol. That's so cool they have ABBA week!!!

And I never knew that their music took on a more tragic turn toward the end.

Though I always wondered about "The Winner Takes it All." That was my favorite song when I had a crush on one of my first loves and he hadn't yet discovered I was the love of his life LOL!

I'll have to go see what their last couple of CDs were.

Thanks Steven!!! I've learned so much about them!!

Deanna Joseph

Linda19 #702737 07/20/11 10:56 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Linda, isn't Dancing Queen a joyful song!! I love how Steven says they were just a joyful band. It's so true! Almost any of their songs always made me want to get up and sing or dance!

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.