logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Angela xx

My first job was picking blackcurrants. I wanted a pair of Dr Scholl originals. I was eleven years old. I got up at dawn during the summer holiday and went with adults who also picked fruit in the summer and worked until I had enough money to buy a pair.

My father would not let me buy them in the end because he said I needed sensible shoes. I can't remember what I did with the money now.

I now own a pair of pink Dr Scholls! My mother bought them for me five years ago.

When I was nine years old, I picked lots and lots of wild violets, painted a tray purple, and walked around my home town trying to sell them to people. I ended up giving them away lol.

This is the first time in my life I have not had to work. Since my first real job, in a hair dressers, I have had a million and one other jobs. From chicken farming to dental nurse, working with deaf children and people with dementia to being a private secretary and owning my own restaurant.

Now all I do with my time is write.

Hope you are safe and well x

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Linda:

Yes, I am safe - thanks for caring...

I am working on my 2nd week of staying with his sister, we do talk but I am not in the house with him. He is truly sorry, but until he is READY to deal with his issues - I have to take care of ME. I am suppose to stop by and see the dogs today while he is at work, do miss them SO MUCH. I don't have a key as I gave it back to him and have not asked back for it. One of his grown sons is visiting from New York, so I can get access.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing - does my heart GOOD when I see some "activity" in this forum. There are so many unemployed folks out there, I am hoping that they will find this forum and come home wink like I did.

Nothing like my Bella Family!!!!

Hugs to everyone,

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Avon, only lasted a campaign.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.