Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
The ending of IT really annoyed me - I thought a giant spider was the lamest idea LOL. Christine is brilliant, before I read it I kept thinking - how on Earth can a car be scary? Well, he taught me - that's one of my favorite King books. It's just SO, so clever how he sets the whole thing up, and it is really, really creepy.

'Carrie' and 'Cujo' are my two favorite books by King - though I loved 'Gerald's Game' - that was another amazing piece of writing. 'Cujo' had such an impact on me, I was literally sobbing my heart out reading that book, and it stayed with me for months.

When you think how talented he is, that he wrote 'The Shawshank Redemption' and 'The Green Mile' 'Dolores claiborne', 'The Stand' - all these stories are just fantastic. The worst book I read by him was 'From a Buick 8' - it was so dull and nothing happened, in the end I put it down LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Steven, I've never read the Shawshank Redemption, but I watch the movie over and over and over again!!!! I LOVE the ending laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Steven, I did not know King wrote 'The Green Mile'. I love that movie and have seen it several times. The cast was great, too. 'From a Buick 8' was really boring. Was there a movie on that?

Deanna, the ending in 'Shawshank Redemption' was so wonderful. I think King could not have come up with any better way to end it.

I have never seen 'Cujo' or read the book. I have heard from others that it is really good. I have a lot of titles now on my "gotta read" list.

I read 'Dolores Claiborne' a long time ago but never saw the movie.

After King had his accident, he wrote a book I was not too fond of and I do not remember the name of it. It was about 4 or 5 guys who went on a hunting trip and some weird things started happening. This alien type thing would invade the body of people. Towards the end the main character was trapped in a cabin with these things all over the place. I think all his friends died. I am so not good at remembering titles, just the stories.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 06/25/11 09:33 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Phyllis, I know what movie you're talking about! My sister loved that movie. I think it was called Dreamcatcher. Jason Lee was in it, and he kept flipping a toothpick around in his mouth. It drove me crazy!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
My sister also loved this movie, I think it was Stephen King, about this house called Rose Red??? Have you ever heard of this?

Deanna Joseph

The name Rose Red interested me because of a very old faerie tale about 'Rose Red and Snow White', sisters. So I did some research and read about the movie and plot. It seems very familiar. I might have read the book years ago. I would love to get the book and read it then will know if I saw part of the mini-series on TV or once read the book. It is a very intriguing story.

I have seen Thornewood Castle (Rose Red). It is a beautiful setting on the shore of American Lake in Lakewood, Washington -- we visited there often when my siblings and I were little, picnics around the lake. We lived in Tacoma and loved to go out to American Lake. My mother and brother lived in Lakewood many years ago. It is a huge castle that was built with bricks that came from a castle in Wales.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 06/26/11 03:08 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I prefer Kings older stuff (when he was addicted to alcohol and drugs LOL - his best stuff came from that era oddly enough.) He says on his website that he was so stoned while writing Cujo that he can't remember anything about it - which is a shame because I wanted to ask him a question about it. When I interviewed actress Dee Wallace Stone, I asked her about that movie and she said it was the movie she was most proud of making.

She's such a lovely woman smile we spent half an hour talking about my problems LOL - I kept thinking this is insane LOL. I used to watch E.T over and over as a child so she sort of felt like a mother figure to me - but she was just so, so lovely and kind.

No, they never made a movie of from a Buick 8 - thank God, it was awful.

'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' is a really interesting book, it's about a little girl who gets lost in the woods - he manages to get inside the little girls head and make you believe it's coming from her - he's a talented guy - but he's had a few awful books.

It's amazing to think he can write all types of genre books. 'The Green Mile' for instance is just so beautiful and tragic - it gets me every time. I love the shawshank redemption too - the ending with the poster is just superb LOL. I love the way he set the whole thing up smile

I started watching ;Rose Madder', but I got a bit bored with it - I'll try and give it another chance though, I've heard good things about the novel.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I prefer Kings older stuff (when he was addicted to alcohol and drugs LOL - his best stuff came from that era oddly enough.) He says on his website that he was so stoned while writing Cujo that he can't remember anything about it - which is a shame because I wanted to ask him a question about it. When I interviewed actress Dee Wallace Stone, I asked her about that movie and she said it was the movie she was most proud of making.

She's such a lovely woman smile we spent half an hour talking about my problems LOL - I kept thinking this is insane LOL. I used to watch E.T over and over as a child so she sort of felt like a mother figure to me - but she was just so, so lovely and kind.

No, they never made a movie of from a Buick 8 - thank God, it was awful.

'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' is a really interesting book, it's about a little girl who gets lost in the woods - he manages to get inside the little girls head and make you believe it's coming from her - he's a talented guy - but he's had a few awful books.

It's amazing to think he can write all types of genre books. 'The Green Mile' for instance is just so beautiful and tragic - it gets me every time. I love the shawshank redemption too - the ending with the poster is just superb LOL. I love the way he set the whole thing up smile

I started watching ;Rose Madder', but I got a bit bored with it - I'll try and give it another chance though, I've heard good things about the novel.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"with twins - in a lot of cases, one twin will eat the other in the womb."

Never happened.

This is absolutely untrue, an old wive's tale if you will, albeit however a myth suitable for a Stephen King thread.

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
Simplistic in its black/white, good/evil setting and outlook, "The Stand" is nevertheless my favorite.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.