logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
We took the boat out this weekend, it was a disaster. To top it off I walked under a bunch of brush and trees. Got in the car and felt something on my arm. It was a TICK! Went home, we both stripped and found at least six others. Camping can wait another couple of weeks. They are out late this season. Of course every animal in the house wanted to be with us, the chances of the ticks getting on them all stuffed in one bathroom. I felt bad chasing everyone out.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
the joys of camping :P I only ever had one tick on me. I do not relish creepy crawly things on me again. But, Camping sounds fun :P... But, as I get older, I tend to like a few more stars in my campsites ratings... ( 5 star lodging does sound nice :P)

Last edited by ncc4200a; 06/19/11 08:56 PM.
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
We love to camp. This year has been so darn wet though. One river floods after the other. My tomatoes are dieing from too much rain. When we get rain we also get lightening, thunder and those funny twisty things. Speaking of which, we are under alert for strange twisty things tonight. I HATE ticks!!!! One time Erika and I went for a walk up by the house on the lake in Minnesota. This was in the middle of the Chippewa national forest in the spring. We looked down at our pant legs, there was so many ticks crawling up you couldn't see the material. We were covered from head to toe. Talking about having the creepy crawlies for weeks afterwords!! Now they have discovered more diseases that ticks cause, great!!!! Five star camping has it's advantages too smile I can deal with either. No phones camping, ever!!!!Phones in hotel=BAD I can be found!! By the way, Erika and Luke and kids, bought a really neat house, closing is in two days!! It is huge. Look up google earth 12th & Idaho Huron SD South West corner. The picture of our house has been updated on google earth too, it is blue now, 915 Wisconsin Ave. SW corner, also south west. The new garage is finished!!!! The one in the picture kind of got flat in the winter lol. Wasn't funny then.

N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
LOL. but you make it sound funny now :P I broke down and finally got a mobile phone.. bleh - electronic leash. But, It does play games :P I used to love to camp as a kid. Now, I would more then likely prefer more comfy surroundings. UGH! I am growing up to become a snob. LOL. Honestly, I could go camping and actually enjoy it. The other half? NO WAY! Too barbaric. LOL. What I do miss about camping is the field of view at night. The stars are amazing. Now I go camping via NASA app on the tablet :P well, that and fear of inland taipans and spiders and all things poisonous that we have here in Oz :P

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I'm not sure if I'd camp in your neck of the woods smile Things seem to have bigger teeth there. You come here, we'll go camping. A meteor shower is coming up in August Perseids night of August 13. I never miss it, unless there is cloud cover. There will be a full moon that night, that isn't good. Will have to consider some environmentally friendly washable black out paint and a long paint brush! We have a date with the forest that night. We have a place we camp, no amenities but it is nice. A nice lake. Very few people ever show up there, we are usually there alone. It is nice to get away, it is about the only place I can hide anymore.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.