logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
That is true. I am fully confused, not the right word, about what should be tamed and not tamed. I think the problem is, I grew up in the middle of the woods, and naturally got along with everything wild. I don't differentiate between a cat and a lion, a wolf and a dog, they feel the same to me. I lived so many miles back in the woods I came within a couple of feet of bears with cubs all the time. We had pumas looking down on us. Wolves that would sit and listen to me speak. If people could experience what I experienced I think they would understand my dilemma a little better. Somehow we are all part of the same light or spark, animals and people. If you listen (or feel), or are responsive you understand them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Totally agree with you Diana. It's a bit like telepathy only with feelings. With four dogs who all have different personalities, it isn't hard to determine what they want if you pay attention. Same with the pigeon, she lets you know what she wants, be it a stroke or a bit of my toast!

I envy you the fact that Wolves would listen to you speak, maybe you can come and give my dogs a few tips on listening, hehe!

Linda Heywood

N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
spiders.. EEEEEK. a big phobia of mine. I shiver just thinking about them. I have improved. I do put the huntsman outside when they are in the house. ( Ever see arachnophobia? those were huntsman spiders, and they are that big)

N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
To me, what is "tamed". Anything you start feeding, or providing for. Some people do bring lion cubs into the house or property. Once you do that, you are forever responsible for that living animal. I differentiate between throwing bread out for the birds, versus taking a bird into your home. etc. Even rehab of wild animals that are injured. You have to be very careful how much you interact with them. Are you going to be releasing them back to wild? Or are they going to be in human care from now on? Even if wild release, you are still responsible for them. You may have had an impact on their lives. Maybe desensitized them to humans... Maybe they will keep coming around your house, or job looking for food. All something to think about :) ( I am not against rehab of animals... but you do have to really think about what and how you are doing it... and even why are you doing it?)

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Most spiders are pretty sweet. I'll have to tell you a couple of black widow stories someday.

You made some great points. I am a licensed wildlife rehab, exotic pet as well. You do imprint on what you try to save. One pretty significant point you brought up, and I had to think about it, still haven't come to any conclusions
Quote:
but you do have to really think about what and how you are doing it... and even why are you doing it
I think it was the why that really made me think. I do know how to leave as little imprint has possible. But, why??? I fed bears but never brought a full grown one in the house, mostly because it won't fit through the door. Have brought cubs in though. I have had wild cats inside. Not to tame as pets. Wolves, yes, foxes, raccoons, many mammals to many to even remember them all. Birds, reptiles, bugs of all types
Quote:
You are responsible for what you have tamed
I don't think people realize how responsible they are, or for how long, as long as it is convenient?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.