Because I am a more natural remedies type, here are a few herbs for diabetes I researched:
1. Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)
Bilberry fruits and leaves have an astringent action and reduces blood glucose.
2. White Mulberry (Morus alba) & Black Mulberry (Morus nigra)
Mulberry leaves regulate glycemia.
3. Common Sage (Salvia officinalis)
"Sage increases the body sensitivity to insulin up to 2-3 times" reports a German study on this topic.
4. Common chicory (Cichorium intybus)
Chicory leaves and roots are recommended in diabetes diet. Chicory contains inulin, a substance that increases the body's glucose tolerance.
5. Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis).
Dandelion stimulates digestion and helps spleen, liver, pancreas and gall function.
6. Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica)
Nettle is used as a diuretic and an adjuvant in diabetes. Consumed as fresh juice or infusion, nettle may help lower blood glucose.
7. Walnut (Juglans regia) leaves lower glycosuria and diminishes thirst.
8. Burdock (Arctium lappa) purifies the blood.
9. Globe Artichoke (Cynara scolymus).
In addition to the powerful cholagogue effect, Artichokes reducing sugar content in blood.
10. Dog Rose (Rosa canina) leaves are full of vitamins and can help strengthen the body.
I hope you find this useful.