Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692553 06/03/11 03:14 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Does anyone know if you can get food stamps while unemployed? I know I could not in Orlando, Florida during the 2 years I was getting unemployment checks (2008 to 2010).

Second question:
Any recipes to share that are nutritional but cheap?
It is so important to eat right even when you just don't see how during unemployment. Let's face it - if your brain is not feeling okay, guess what - brain fog(lol). Yep, learn't that lesson the hard way and now I take care of my brain no matter how tight my budget may be. When the brain is functioning, income sources appear. It is like a miracle and law of attraction... Feeling good attracts good stuff!

Today I used the crock pot my boyfriend bought from Goodwill - chicken thighs. It is now 3:15pm EST here in Columbus, Georgia and ideally I am suppose to be in my bed 2pm to 8pm each day to work the 11pm to 7am shift, but today I got my FIRST paycheck since the end of January of this year - had to get a monthly bus pass, give my boyfriend something towards the expenses(it feels so good contributing) and minutes for my AT&T go phone and of course buy the chicken thighs. But I had to peek in really quickly to check on you guys, but signing off now to try to get some zzzz's. Hey I got 9 hours of overtime, yippee and next week is another paycheck. Love weekly paychecks.

Would love to hear of some "economical" crock pot recipes. This is the way to cook when you are both employed or unemployed - agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/03/11 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
U
U
When I applied for food stamps they look back 6 months and of course I was working then(lol). Then you have to be working minimum hours - so how are we to eat???? I have been eating way too much junk food, but it seems to be the cheapest way to go. Something needs to be done to help the unemployed with eating!!!!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Yep unemployed, went through the same "mess" - it is like, Folks - I did not need food stamps 6 months ago(lol). And excuse me, if I was working at the time, I would not be needing the food stamps smile Yet there are folks that "live" on welfare, never worked a day in their life!!! Oh well, I lost a lot of weight when I got laid off in 2008 smile = that was a GOOD thing indeed...

U
U
I need to look up some recipes and post them as I know you don't have the time right now with your graveyard shift at nights and being on your feet all night. I was hoping someone would post some, oh well, let me be the first :)

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
That would be great unemployed smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.