logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
.... Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Very insightful article and (horrifying) video. To someone unfamiliar with Muslim ways, it would still seem awful.
However, last year, my friend Sarah told me her husband was a Halal butcher and explained it to me. Sarah lost a lot of friends on the public website and she was terribly harassed for sharing her culture with me on a public board (facebook.)

I thanked her for showing me how she and her husband have a deep respect for the animals they raise, butcher and eat. Respect for all life forms should be a consideration for everyone.

Thank you Linda for sharing this with us. I have added you as a friend and God Willing, you do not mind this.

"All God's creatures are His family; and he or she is the most beloved of God who tries to do most good to God's creatures." --- Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thank you great-grandaughter. I can appreciate what happened to your friend Sarah. When I tried to explain 'halal' to someone they asked me how could we be so cruel to cut an animals throat and let it bleed to death!

I have no idea how halal meat is actually killed as I have never witnessed it, but I am sure if all they do is cut the throat and let it bleed to death then it is far less painful than a bullet to the brain that might hit home or a miss with the axe that leaves a chicken running around spouting blood everywhere, or hanging a huge pig by rope to strangle it to death.

An animal must be killed quickly and as painlessly as death can be. Appreciate that animal, for what it is giving up for you and its reason for existing in the first place. God gave them to us for food, treat them with respect.

I am not talking about for hunting food either, I am talking about mass production and mass death of animals for food.

But I have truly given up eating meat, halal or otherwise, as I do not really like it, it does not agree with me and there are many more foods I can explore.

Having said this, I have eaten every part of an animal on my worldly travels. The only thing I have refused, point blank, to eat is an eyeball. Offered to me by my mother in law.

Linda Heywood

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
After just eleven days of not eating any meat or fish, but still eating everything else I normally eat, I have lost an inch all over my body! I didn't even think about losing weight, just about not eating animals!

This proves that eating animals, especially in the excess that some people do, makes you fat!

I have not found it in the least bit difficult to find other delicious, God given foods to eat. Even some things I have never tried before!

Linda Heywood

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have posted a link on the British Television site to a series of documentaries called Kill it, Cut it, Use it. They show us what happens to all the bits of the animals that we choose not to eat.

Bones are made into bone china plates and crockery. Cow hide is used to make leather seats for cars. Sheep skins made into boots. Tallow is made from the bits that no one will eat, like heads, feet and organs, rendered down and used in fabric softners and soap. Lanolin is a lubricant from the sheep's wool and is made into cosmetics and skin creams.

Young men and women are shown how cattle and sheep are slaughtered compassionately and how the bi-products, of the animals used for meat, are processed.

Linda Heywood

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.