logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Typical kids! Yankee sure likes her space.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
hehe great pictures Jane! They're so incredibly cute! I especially like the first pic--it's so clear I'm tempted to reach through the screen and stroke those beautiful feathers!

.... #692087 06/01/11 07:14 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Oh Boy, I'm beginning to sweat our extended naming a bit. Rebel had his wings stretched this evening and was hopping around in the nest. He caught some air!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Shark
Shark
ooooh! He's actually trying to fly?! What a big boy!!

.... #692100 06/01/11 08:51 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Yes, he is much larger than he appears in the photos. His wing span looks to be pushing 2 feet. We had some gusty winds from the coast this evening. So I'm not certain if he caught the air with his wings by accident or with intention.

It was quite awkward and a little funny. I learned you can't hold your breathe in fear of them falling and laugh at the goofy flapping and hopping simultaneously.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
OMGosh! It is so hard to imagine that Rebel is that big. He must have been really surprised when he caught the air. I can so imagine that!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
N
N
Wow, those are great photos of your "babies". It is sort of strange about you and hawks, but if you have seen them this often and they choose to build a nest near your home, something is telling me that your spirit guide is a hawk. And that is good. During this past winter, I was fortunate enough to walk under two Red Tail Hawks here in my apartment complex. They also had a nest near by, but I didn't go envestigating as there are to many young children that live here, that might have injured one or both by throwing rocks and such. But, now that it is summer, I will see one of the adults flying overhead when I get home from work at 6:30. Never have a camera on me, except on my phone, and they are way to high for a good photo.

ninama1 #692203 06/02/11 10:14 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Welcome to the forum Ninama1, and thank you for joining us! Red Tail Hawks are such majestic birds. To see them circling overhead fills our hearts with awe.

Maybe in the Fall, when the leaves thin out a bit, you'll be able to safely locate their nest. We might have another Hawk Nest Watch next Spring!

Yes, it is "sort of strange" how hawks tend to hang around me. But it's great and I hope it never ends. This morning has been a little too quite and I just went out the front door for a nest check. Apparently our little guys know the sound of not only car doors, but the front door too. They were low in the nest and I couldn't see them, so I went to the "good" spot in the back yard. They were squawking before I got there. It's almost lunch time!

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
It is really so endearing how they accept you and Tim in their 'hood'. They seem to be quite familiar and comfy with your daily routine and sounds of the house and car. That is assurance that the female will be back next year to nest close to you. I can so understand the joy in your heart you have for being blessed with so many generations of the same Hawk family. This is the third generation, right?

You and I both have a Hawk for spiritual guides, Jane. Whenever I am out in the desert alone, my spirit animals are with me - Puma and Hawk. At home, the Red Tailed Hawks are always around. One comes near to my patio every day to check on me. I agree with you, they are majestic.

It is so wonderful and special that the Hawk chose you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OH MY! Rebel is climbing the TREE! He's a good 2 ft above the nest. Phyllis, I am thinking Momma Hawk will return to this nest next year. If she doesn't, and we're correct about Yankee being a girl, I bet she'll come back. She has been hunkered down in that nest all day. Momma Hawk will probably have to force her out when it's time smile

That's my brave little boy on the left.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.