logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Shark
Shark
wow Jane,

You'd think they'd recognize those that serve our country and fight for our daily freedoms. The ones who have passed, the ones currently away from family and those who will serve. You'd think at least for Memorial day the topic would be appropriate.

I don't begrudge your cute grandbirdies some print time but, I agree, it definitely should have been another priority.

I'm sure Rebel and Yankee will continue to thrive around the good Medicine of your home and family. Hawks are survivors and I'm sure they're most comfortable with you--their human kin.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Jane, I am so happy to hear they survived the storm. It is so hard to not interfere with Nature and to fight the temptation to run out, gather up the little ones and shelter them inside.

Rebel and Yankee are strong, courageous and have great warrior spirit.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 05/28/11 11:51 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
My husband and I have been playing tag with the camera. After a week, we're not sure who took which photo, so these are used with OUR permission.

Momma Hawk in the nest, serving up some green snake. That's Rebel on the left.

A little later that day, Rebel was watching me watching him.

This is what my husband sees each afternoon when he gets home from work.

We returned from Walgreens this afternoon, ran into the house and grabbed BOTH Cameras! Got this shot on the digital and that's Yankee being brave and standing outside the nest

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I've asked a few friends to help out with Creek translations for name suggestions. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon to get the Poll set up.

Our neighbor across the street saw us under the nest this afternoon. He saw the article in the newspaper, but didn't know where the nest was. It amazes me how unattentive people can be. He's been working in the yard all day, and the babies have been standing in the nest and squawking all day. All he had to do was look up, he wasn't 300 ft from the tree.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Shark
Shark
Gorgeous pictures Jane! You are blessed to be one of the few people who see with her heart, not just her eyes! I can't thank you enough for sharing this wonderful hawk nest watch thread!

.... #691485 05/30/11 07:27 PM
Beautiful, Jane - such beautiful pictures. It is a blessing to us, too, that you share this wonder with us. Thank you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Our little Rebel is getting bold. He's been stretching out his wings all day, and I so hope I caught it in the photo. It's amazing how big his wings already are. He's also been scaling the thinner branch in the photos. At one point he was a foot above the nest. Yankee was "hogging" the nest today. There is such a difference in their size. That could be due to hatching later, or Yank might be a girl.

A friend came over today and she was so excited to see the babies. After looking at the photos she commented they look much bigger in person. She's right, and Rebel is probably getting close to 12" tall.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Rebel is going to be big for sure. I was thinking earlier today that one of them must be a girl. Wouldn't that be wonderful if Yankee is a girl and came back next year to nest in the same tree?

Having your own Naming Ceremony is going to be so memorable and precious. Those babies are going to go out into the world with a lot of love and prayers under their wings.

Let us know when you will have the ceremony so we can do what you suggest to help you in spirit. The Hawk clan will gather for the "Naming Ceremony".

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
These I took yesterday and today. I'm hoping you can see Rebel a little clearer. Yankee is still hogging the nest.
This is the best one of Rebel so far!

Another good one, just wish Yankee would stand up.

You can't really tell in the photo, but Rebel is at least a foot above the nest. The one with his wings spread is on the other camera. Just a few more shots and then back to Walgreens. Those people love me smile Looking at these photos, they are bigger in person.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I forgot to post this yesterday and it was just too cute not to share. There is a pair of names in our poll - Talon and Keeper and they were living up to those suggested names.

Yankee was sprawled out in the nest and Rebel was pacing around the edge. I watched as his body went forward and down several times and finally figured it out. He was reaching down with his talons to poke Yankee to move over. 'She' was keeping the nest all to 'herself'

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.