logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Astera Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Fifty-three percent of Americans support making gay marriage legal, a Gallup poll showed on Friday, a marked reversal from just a year ago when an equal majority opposed same-sex matrimony.

The latest Gallup findings are in line with two earlier national polls this spring that show support for legally recognized gay marriage has, in recent months, gained a newfound majority among Americans.

What do you think about gay marriage? If you discover your husband is a gay after the wedding, what will you do? Do you support gay marriage?

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Shark
Shark
S
Sorry, Astera, but I don't understand the questions: Is there supposed to be a connection between supporting gay marriage or not and the reaction that you may have if you find out your husband is gay?

Last edited by Solalux; 05/29/11 04:57 AM.
S
S
I think there is very much a connection. Gay people who marry a person of the opposite sex often know perfectly well they are gay, they just don't want to be. They think their feelings don't matter as long as they keep up appearances because they assume the negative repercussions of coming out would be too huge. If being gay didn't come with a long history of murder, persecution and harassment they wouldn't feel the need to do something so bizarre when you think about, to marry someone you have no attraction to AT ALL(most straight people do not enjoy the idea of intimacy with someone of the same sex and it's obviously the same thing for gays). Legalizing gay marriage goes a long way to normalizing homosexuality and and putting it on a par with heterosexuality. So in the long run, legalizing same-sex marriage would go a long way to making sure no straight person has to worry that their husband or wife might be gay. Everybody wins. Ps. English is not my first language and I'm just bad at formulating myself in general. Hope you get my point.

Last edited by Sarahconnor; 05/29/11 12:33 PM.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Marriage is one thing that helps keep society stable. That's why I support gay marriage. Also, there are legal aspects that come with marriage, but they don't come with just domestic partnership.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
To answer the question, would I forgive my husband's gay affair? I'm not sure that I would forgive any affair. An affair is an affair. Infidelity is infidelity. It doesn't really matter if it's homosexual or heterosexual. If he wants to bond himself to others, divorce me first.

My husband and I have an agreement. We will be married for as long as we both want to be married. It's lasted more than 30 years.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I have the same opinion as Connie, I'm for gay marriage for all the reasons.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello here,

Yes, I have a 'me too' opinion with Connie and Helene. I do not think 'forgive' is quite the right word to use (for me), am not sure that it is up to me to forgive per se, but move on immediately I would. Immediate separation followed by divorce for an irreconcilable difference, gay or not gay. You are right. An affaire is an affaire. Infidelity is just that. And that would be unacceptable for me I am afraid. No crossing that boundary.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Astera Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hee hee, I'm glad you have the same views. For me, I can not forgive him, holding grudges is never good, but first I would be wondering what the hell he was doing withe the guy. If he was cheating on me, he would never be had chance, divorce will be. But I support gay marriage.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I have to agree with other posters, an affair is an affair. We have to deal with one relationship at a time with boundaries. I hear from many women who are in marriages questioning their sexuality which is a difficult issue and people have all kinds of ways dealing with that. But I think it is honorable to honestly deal with the relationship at hand before any other considerations. This is the relationship they are in and how they handle it will show their character. Questions of sexual orientation is not an excuse to cheat, ever. People are free to break up or divorce to explore what they want and need in relationships. Or they can honestly talk to their partners about what they want or need and try to work that relationship through. And if the opportunity for that type of communication is not there, maybe they are in the wrong relationship in the first place...but not because of sexual orientation.

As adults, we all have the responsibility to communicate to our partner. It is not fair to the significant other to hold what we feel or think from them, even if it is hard.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 05/31/11 01:45 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.