B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are well and enjoying a beautiful sunny day.

This weeks question:

What are your current writing goals?

Do you have writing goals currently? Are you achieving them? Are your goals new? Are they weekly, monthly or annual?

Share with us what your writing goals are. And if you prefer writing without goals, how does that work for you?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great question

On my list are
1. Outlines for 2 ebooks on career development.
- one for newbies entering the workforce
- How to get a promotion
Definitely sure on the first one, not so sure on the second.

2. I am taking a writing course called Write Like a Pro

I'm taking the novel that I wrote during NaNoWriMo month and hopefully will make something out of it, with a bit of professional guidance....lol...

3. Started a mom blog for busy working women, that "do their thing" on the side.

A lot of "irons in the fire", but I'm determined to make this happen, but I'm enjoying the journey.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
It really is a good question.

Writing several article pieces to put in the can and attempt to get in front of that eight ball.

Write a short nonfiction story and submit for magazine publication.

I am researching different online venues to promote the Animal Life section of BellaOnline. Okay, technically not writing in the traditional sense but, it is as equally time consuming and still requires a lot of creative scripting to get people interested.

I hope that in the near future I will be able to resume working on my nonfiction novel, which presently sits atop my virtual dusty shelf while I get the Animal Life site up and running.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Dianne,

Thank you for posting! I like hearing about your "irons in the fire" as I always have a series of them myself. I find for myself I work better and more consistently when I have projects in different levels of production I guess I'd call it.

I like your ebook ideas. I personally think there is a market for both of them.

I have enjoyed a lot of writing courses over the years. I'm glad to hear you are doing one.

Mom blogging is awesome as well : - )

I love the journey also!

Keep me posted on your progress and let me know if I can lend a hand.

Have a marvelous weekend,

Bluedolphin

Z
Z
Good Question My goals are to make some income from my writing and to make some points, social and in how we conceptualize health and illness. At the moment I'm working on two articles on environmental issues an health, bills before Congress. My goal is to move my readers to take some kind of action on the issues raised. I am in a vocational placement program and will explore the possibility of completing some book writing projects I had to lay down due to health setbacks. Also, I'm looking at self-publishing some non-fiction booklets on health and nutrition issues. I'm just reaching the point of having the stamina to write daily and am greatful for this!

Last edited by Zoe51; 04/28/11 04:05 PM.
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Awesome Zoe!

I am so excited to hear you have reached the stamina to write each day again! Don't give up...you will get there.

I know from recovering from a number of illnesses that kept me from my daily writing and working. Now I'm healthy and getting back to work again. And I love it!!

Your goals sound wonderful! Good for you : - )

I have heard vocational placement programs can really help a lot. Let me know how that goes for you.

After you hear about how the vocational placement program can help you, then identify 1 writing goal first. Start small and work up to more.

It's best to allow yourself to earn an income from somewhere and write each day as much as you can. Even if it's just a little. Then as your body gains more strength you can increase your writing.

Making money from writing can take many forms. However, it takes some time and patience. Also you write better when you are relaxed.

Having work other then writing at first will allow you to write in a relaxed way and test the waters in different areas. Then when you find your passion you can set goals that will get you there.

Don't give up! I know it can and will happen! I'm so glad you shared this with me : - )

Have a marvelous weekend,

Bluedolphin

P.S. Be sure to keep in touch and let me how I can help you and how you are progressing.

Amoeba
Amoeba
My current goals:

1.) Finally get up the courage to submit my first query for a magazine article.

2.) Continue to write weekly and develop site NaturalFamilyToday.com (recruit more writers also)

3.) Continue to grow my squidoo lenses and make a little money there.

4.) Decide on a topic for my first pregnancy/birth ebook.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Awesome goals Vanessa!

Thank you for sharing them. Please let me know your progress when you can.

Have an awesome weekend,

Bluedolphin Crow

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
1. Write ahead some for Headaches & Migraines so I can focus on some fiction and nonfiction projects.

2. Put together my second e-book for the Headaches & Migraines site.

3. Not specifically a writing goal, per se, but definitely related: learn how to get comfortable with marketing my work for sale and market the heck out of it. smile

4. Finish my fiction and nonfiction WIPs.

Last edited by Cricket - Headaches; 05/28/11 10:50 AM.
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
It is to start writing again. It is my only talent and I stopped many years ago, tried a few times but I could not start anything and I also could not get my fantastic idea out of my head, have not tried in about five years if not more.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.