logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Ninjahedgewych #631820 09/23/10 06:47 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I will check that out, Ian. Thanks. The pages I had were copied from a book and I did not know the title.

My instructor was from China. He was in an exchange program at the college where I worked. We became so attached to him and were very sad when he went back home after one year. His teachings still are with me, not the steps so much, but his own personal comments and motivating phrases.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Ninjahedgewych #631823 09/23/10 06:52 PM
The only thing I could not do in Tai Chi was that one step where you have to jump and switch the leg you were standing on. The rest of it came fairly easy for me. Of course, I am much older now....hmmm....this will not be easy for me.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Timing, flow, and balance are far more important than 'flashy" techniques. Work on those and everything will come together also remember "If you do not breath correctly you will not move correctly" and vice versa.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Jilly #649944 12/15/10 10:07 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Michelle, I love Tai Chi, and I am an old gal who went way past chubby years ago. That said, I have felt tired after class, but I never hurt.

For different information about Tai Chi, check out the website for Center States Tai Chi. This guy, Kim Kanzelberger, is the best teacher of any discipline that I have ever seen.

My son, who has AS, used to take Karate. Now he has found Capoeira. It mixes martial arts, music, and acrobatics. The structure is a natural social setting. Maybe if your son enjoys Tai Chi, he might want to try Capoeira.

On the ADD site, there are some articles in the Improve Symptoms subject about martial arts and ADD.

Stick with it. This can be a wonderful thing for you and your son.

Connie

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I just found this thread and I'm glad to see the discussion of tai chi.

I started out with a qigong class and then found a tai chi class at my local YMCA. The gigong are the energy exercises which open the meridians and are very easy to do but you feel so much better after you've dong about a half hour. This is easy to find on CD and do at home.

The tai chi instructor at the Y is wonderful. He is very exacting but we are learning so much.

For whoever said they hurt afterward. Your instructor should be stressing the total relaxing of the muscles while doing the moves. There should be no stress or tension in the body and you should only go as far in any stretch as your body can do. It gets easier with time. It's about flow and not muscle strength and tension.

Our instructor offers a beginner class and a more advanced class so in the beginner one he's always going over basics and no one gets lost in it.

Ninjahedgewych #676388 04/08/11 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
Timing, flow, and balance are far more important than 'flashy" techniques. Work on those and everything will come together also remember "If you do not breath correctly you will not move correctly" and vice versa.

Yes, the breathing is so important. I cannot find my step by step visionary guide. Do you know where I can find one?

PS: I just read back a few posts and saw again your suggestion on Liang's book. I will look that up in Amazon. Thanks, Ian.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 04/08/11 02:54 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
Shark
Shark
C
Originally Posted By: Phyllis-Folk/Myth
The only thing I could not do in Tai Chi was that one step where you have to jump and switch the leg you were standing on. The rest of it came fairly easy for me. Of course, I am much older now....hmmm....this will not be easy for me.

Phyllis, a "jump to switch" is dependent upon the style/background of the Tai Chi you practice. There are some that are vigorous than others. You may want to look at a Yang with a 101 Simplified. There's no jumping in that.

- Sifu Caroline
Martial Arts
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.