Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Koala
Koala
H
I have been so busy dealing with my glaring faults that the concept of perfection has been more an academic curiosity than a personal pursuit. Haridas has been asking about perfection, and i think has raised interesting questions. Personally, i don't think perfection of character is the natural order of things on this earth, and suspect that therein lies a valuable lesson.

Isn't it interesting that in life all of us are presented with learning tolerance for the faults of others and to make peace with our own imperfect selves as well?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, it is interesting.

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
If we make peace , does that mean we no longer pursue perfection or improvement? Because if we do that we lose peace.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I don't know. But i think it might be like the difference between a harsh parent and a loving, good one.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
How do parents enter this?

H
Koala
Koala
H
Both good parents and bad parents discipline their children, but bad parents tend to make their children miserable, while good ones help them to feel unconditionally loved and confident. In a healthy family, the children are at peace, and they are also more likely to succeed.

I think this is similar to making peace with ourselves. No, i don't think making peace with ourselves means we will no longer try to achieve perfection or improve, but rather the opposite... i think it makes it easier. Peace does not mean there isn't change. It means there is nurturing rather than whipping, and energy can go to industry and joy instead of battles. In this case, instead of internal conflict, energy and attention can be directed to more positive pursuits.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Agreed.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Talking about perfection, do have a look at this article:

Can Perfectionists Be Truly Happy ?

F
F
For me, a perfect person is someone who knows what he/she wants yet still happy and contented with what he/she got. Just my two cents..:)

T
T
[quote=hollyelise]People have different values, roles, etc... so how could there be one kind of perfect? For me, i would settle for: --Earning enough money that i can provide for my future, my health, raise a child, help charities and other people, start a business, travel once in a while. --Do excellent work, get more done in the day, but also have more time to enjoy free time. --Exercise daily and take care of my health. --Take care of my home, keep it reasonably clean and improve it. --Make my impact on the earth's enviroment a positive one in my lifetime. --Have a positive, not a negative, impact on every life i touch, and not trouble others as often as i do. --Have a healthy self esteem. What about others? What's perfect to you? [/quote] I only want own a happy life, and in well emotion every day.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.