logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I decided to transfer my intermittent fasting journal over to the exercise forum because I'm not really doing it for weight loss. I started experimenting with it for fatloss and now I'm strictly doing it for endurance so doesn't make sense to keep posting over in the weight loss forum. All my updates will be here from now on smile

I'm also going to writing about I.F. and how it affects your workouts. I'll post links as soon as that article goes live. If you do want to learn more about how it works for weight loss be sure to read my article: Master Cleanse vs. Intermittent Fasting

This week's fast went well and I'm considering doing another one Saturday.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I royally screwed up my diet a few days ago by eating sweets, very salty pork, salty chips, and wine all in the span of two days. The wind has been insane so my allergies have been acting up a bit and I guess my body finally said enough with all the toxins and I woke up with something called periorbital edema.

It's this ugly swelling under the eyes and not only did it look horrible but my eyes were burning, my throat was sore, and I had trouble breathing. I also felt like a complete idiot for indulging so much!

I went back to my normal diet yesterday and the swelling is much better but that is a lesson for me about how much I can cheat without experiencing serious consequences. Today I'm intermittent fasting and drinking tons of water. Sunday and Monday I'll be doing the Anti-Estrogenic diet for two days to bring my body back into balance.

Having the occasional bit of junk food, sweets, and alcohol is becoming less and less appealing!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Last week I focused on getting my eating was back to normal, lots of greens, berries, nuts, lean proteins and healthy carbs. I never did get around to my fast but was listening to my body all week and my body was saying lots of water, more veggies, whole grains, lots of protein and eggs, and no sugar.

My eating had gotten way off track before because I was just working too many hours a day and not taking the time to make myself healthy meals. This happens to a lot of people (my clients talk about this all the time).

It's unrealistic to think you'll eat and exercise perfectly each week but it's always important to try to do your best and to get back on track as soon as you notice things are way off.

This week's intermittent fast is today. Having coffee right now, will be drinking lots of water and not eating again until 7 p.m.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's almost 1 p.m. Just 6 more hours to go on today's intermittent fast. Not hungry, no headache, and plenty to do this afternoon. Doing a quick circuit workout and yoga later. Need to drink more water!

Shark
Shark
Ritual fasting is truly good for the soul, for some hungers, no food can satisfy.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's fast was great. No hunger, no cravings, plenty of focus to get some work done and energy to exercise too. I ended up doing 10 min. of mobility, a 50 minute yoga practice, and 20 min. of laps and tag at the pool.

I've read a lot of fitness people who intermittent fast do it when traveling and they do it from noon to noon or 2 p.m. to 2 p.m. instead of what 7 p.m. to 7 p.m. which is what I do. I might try that next week but not sure.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I have been off intermittent fasting since going on vacation the first week of June. I tried sticking with it this summer but it was impossible to do with my son home all the time. He is a skinny bottomless pit who constantly wants to eat so I was making meals/snacks for him 4-5 times a day and it was impossible for me to I.F. being around food all the time.

Now that he's back in school my eating habits are back to normal (breakfast at 11ish lunch at 2:30 p.m. and dinner at 7:30) so I started back up with I.F. today. I usually do it during the week but just have not been hungry all day so figured today was the day to start back up.

It's about 4 so I have 3 hours left to go and have only had coffee and water since 7 last night. I will be intermittent fasting from now until Thanksgiving when our family comes for a visit from Australia. I'll be doing it at least once a week and considering twice a week once a month but not sure yet. I actually missed I.F. so I'm excited to be doing it again.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Intermittent fast went really well this past Saturday. It's only been 5 days but thinking of doing another one starting tonight. Not sure yet.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I decided to intermittent fast yesterday so after a snack of yogurt, fruit and water, I did 10 min. of mobility then a 30 min. total body circuit workout (bodyweight, trx, and sandbell exercises) plus 10 min. of core work with a medicine ball then stretched for 30 min.

I took my son out to dinner (had curry coconut shrimp and veggies with brown rice at Pei Wei) plus a few bites of double chocolate chip cookie and 2 glasses of wine. My fast started at 7:30 p.m. last night and ends tonight about the same time.

Did not feel very hungry all morning. Had a few cups of coffee and lots of water. Started feeling somewhat hungry around noon but went shoe shopping and got distracted.

My afternoon clients are not coming in today so I will be doing yoga in a bit then walking at the time I usually train them to stay busy. The last few hours of an intermittent fast are always the hardest not because you feel hungry but because you know it's almost over so you tend to want to end it an hour or two earlier than you should.

I'm hoping I can fast again in 5 days. I like the idea of every 5 days instead of twice a week. This would add up to 6 fasts in one months instead of 8 and 4-6 fasts per month seems more reasonable than 8 per month.

Have you ever tried I.F.? Check out my article if you want to learn more: Master Cleanse vs. Intermittent Fasting

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/15/11 06:08 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I was not able to fast this past Tue. which would have been 5 days since my last fast. I tried again on Wed. and Fri. but I woke up hungry all those days so was not going to force the issue.

I was able to fast Sat. (yesterday). Was not hungry in the morning so had a few cups coffee then did this really intense lower body circuit workout which completely killed my appetite until about 4:30. I drank tons of water and then went for a 60 min. walk and stretched for 30 min.

I ended up breaking my fast around 7 p.m. (had white fish cooked in onions, tomatoes, chard, 1/2 cup roasted peppers, carrots, potatoes plus very small dark chocolate filled croissant my boyfriend made for desert, YUM!!!

We ate an hour earlier than dinner on Fri. night. Brad Pilon creator of the Intermittent Fasting system Eat Stop Eat says cutting your fast short by an hour isn't going to make a huge difference but you don't want to get in the habit of doing this all the time. Hoping to fast again in 5 or 7 days.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/25/11 08:24 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I did an intermittent fast last Wednesday. It was exactly 5 days after my last one and bcz Tue. - Fri. were all moderate to high intensity workout days this was not the best idea.

I felt so tired after Wed. workout and kind of weak during Thur. workout. My endurance just wasn't what it normally is. By Fri. I had recovered but I think next time I'll plan my workouts around my intermittent fasting a bit better. One hardcore workout on fast day or before or after is fine but 4 is probably not smart.

The one thing that helped me recover was increasing my lean protein intake and drinking Alacer Electro Mix as well as getting back on Chia water (had not been drinking this for two weeks) and eating more fruit.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been a week since my last fast so I'm intermittent fasting today. I started my week with two moderate and high intensity interval workouts so today I'm focusing on a challenging but less intense core workout with some cardio intervals plus I'm doing mobility and flexibility exercises as well.

I'm going to split my workout into two 30 min. workouts. This is what I had been doing last fall when I was intermittent fasting and it was working better than what I've been trying to do the last few weeks which is workout hard all days leading up to fast on fast day and also the day after (that was a complete disaster last week).

One thing I've noticed since I started back up with I.F. is my workout motivation is higher and my jeans are starting to fit loose again plus I can see my obliques which had disappeared after not intermittent fasting all summer.

Just had 2 cups of coffee and drinking water and chia water the rest of the day. Had dinner last night around 7 p.m. and breaking my fast with dinner tonight at 7 p.m.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/05/11 12:34 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I.F. was a success yesterday. I did an easy mobility workout in the morning and more mobility with thera band and foam roller plus core exercises and flexibility exercises in the evening.

Another thing I've noticed since starting back on I.F. is a decrease in overall appetite and my ability to interpret a craving is back. I was able to say no to my burger craving yesterday and had fish and black beans instead which is exactly what my body needed. I feel great today. Hoping to fast again in 5 days.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I started carb cycling last weekend and now I'm wondering whether I should try to incorporate I.F. into this plan or just focus on carb cycling for the next 8 weeks.

I'm not sure I should do both. I know I can but not sure if I.F. can work with carb cycling and when would be the best day to fast if my current eating plan is:

carb down day

carb down day

carb up day

carb down day

carb down day

carb up day

baseline day

Definintely a carb down day but what day? I've asked around but have not found an answer yet.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/13/11 04:08 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
O.K. so after about 5 weeks of pretty strict carb cycling I decided to switch gears. I took 3 days off to just eat whatever and not care at all about food or diet or fatloss but this past Monday I got back on track with a combination of calorie cycling and intermittent fasting.

Calorie cycling is very similar to carb cycling but just not as many rules about when to eat what carbs etc. I wrote about this for weight loss if you want to learn more: Calories Needed to Lose Weight Tricks.

Today is my first intermittent fast since I last posted here in Oct. I considered doing it while carb cycling but never really felt I could fit it in. Now that I'm calorie cycling I can totally fit in 1-2 days of I.F. per week.

My goal is to keep calorie cycling and I.F. for four more weeks so I can lose more bodyfat and if I lose a few extra pounds that will just be a bonus. I really don't care about weight loss at this point. What I do is always strictly for fatloss.

My stats before and after carb cycling
Before carb cycling and carb rotation
chest around ribcage (I store fat there and notice when my workout tops start fitting snug) 32"
waist 29.5 (I freaked when I saw this number)
hips 36
weight 120.5 lb
bodyfat (according to Omron) 23.8% and 24%

After 3 weeks of carb cycling and 1 week of carb rotation
chest around ribcage 30"
waist 27.5"
hips 35.5"
weight 119 lb
bodyfat (according to Lange calipers) 21.8%

After one more week of carb rotation nothing changed much except I lost another pound and all my clothes were fitting looser. I'll post more about calorie cycling and stats update after a couple of weeks.

One thing I know for certain is that I am very happy to be done with carb cycling. Don't know why but 8 months of intermittent fasting once a week last year wasn't anywhere near as challenging as 5 weeks of cycling carbs.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 11/17/11 05:26 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been 5 days since my last I.F. so I decided today was the best day to fast this week since we have family arriving tomorrow plus a birthday and going out of town this weekend too.

My last fast was great and I am so much happier now that I'm not obsessing about what foods to eat when. I really can't stand food rules. Eating clean 80% of the time and calorie cycling is so much easier but not sure it is the best formula for ultra low bodyfat. I guess I will find out in 3 weeks.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been a week since my last intermittent fast so I'm fasting today. I had a great week last week. No overeating, no over indulging in any fatty or sugary foods. The only thing I had issues with was alcohol. I had 2-4 drinks per day for 3 days straight and that made me feel tired and toxic but I was able to completely cut out alcohol after that and did plenty of walking and yoga all weekend and yesterday so I'm feeling great and ready to get back into high intensity interval training later today.

I did not gain or lose any weight this past week which is exactly what I expected during a holiday. If you can maintain your fatloss/weightloss and stay consistent with healthy habits during the holiday then you are doing better than 90% of the population so hi five to you if you're sticking to your plan too!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great intermittent fasting day yesterday! Got a very restful night of sleep and woke up feeling so good. It's amazing what not eating for 24 hours can do for you.

Yesterday during my fast I was super focused and kept finding inspiration from all types of places for my sites and newsletters. I really enjoy doing an I.F. at least once a week but trying to squeeze in about 6 a month if possible.

I have also realized that combining with yoga and walking seems to work better than trying HIIT workouts. I seem to be able to focus more and hold poses longer on I.F. days but when I try to do high intensity interval training my intensity suffers a bit so will be sticking to the moderate intensity workouts on I.F. days.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been a week since my last intermittent fast so I'm fasting again today. I'm walking mid afternoon and doing a ballet workout and also doing some mobility and foam roller work in the evening. Keeping my workout moderate intensity seems to work best when doing I.F.

I'm also training clients today which always does wonders to keep me distracted the last few hours of my fast. Just need to remember to drink tons and tons of water since I've been trying to cut my afternoon caffeine intake way down. Breaking my fast tonight with salmon and veggies plus yogurt and fruit for dessert.

I got three more weeks before I have to take pics so I really need to stick to clean eating 90% of the time vs. 80% of the time. Learn more about clean eating for fatloss in this article: Sensible Clean Eating Tips That Work

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 12/06/11 03:33 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been 10 days since my last fast and I completely forgot to fast this week. I had so much going on but will be intermittent fasting tomorrow.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was finally able to intermittent fast yesterday and felt great. Went for a 10 min. walk and did 10 min. of mobility plus 30 min. of yoga mid afternoon to suppress appetite.

Went in to train and client and was feeling so good that I did another 30 min. of advanced yoga in the pilates studio after my client left.

Planning to intermittent fast again next Tuesday.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I've been on the carb lovers diet for a few weeks now so it's been a while since I've done an intermittent fast but I'm getting ready to do one this Sunday. I think it's a good way to stay on track with portion control and stay real about how much food my body really needs all the time. This year I'll be combining carb lovers, intermittent fasting and a couple of cycles of carb cycling. This will be a fun experiment for me and one that I think my body is going to respond to really well.

Do you have your healthy eating plan set for the year? How about for the next 3 months? I'm taking a course in nutrition periodization this year for my certification so I'll be writing more about how to maximize your eating for fitness, fatloss, and health.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Did not do my intermittent fast as planned. Have been working out hard AND trying to get over a cold so felt that eating healthy was in my best interest. If I'm fully over my cold by Friday I will probably fast this weekend.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was finally able to intermittent fast this past weekend. Started Saturday at 7:30 p.m. through Sunday 6:45 p.m. Only had a few cups of coffee and lots of water. Felt pretty awesome all day and was also able to workout for an hour.

Worked out right before dinner and that worked out really well this time. Fasting again this Friday or Saturday.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great intermittent fast yesterday. I was not hungry all day which is kind of strange. I usually get at least a tiny bit hungry around mid afternoon. Finally started getting hungry around 6:30 p.m. so I worked out for 40 min. then stretched a bit to kill another hour.

Interval training (especially the kind that involves any type of squat jumps or mountain climbers) always kills my appetite so the little appetite I had just vanished after my workout but I had a small dinner anyway.

I drank coffee and lots of water yesterday but ate nothing between 7:30 p.m. Tues. evening and 7:30 p.m. Wed. evening. I had not fasted since my last post bcz of weird ear issue I was having but that finally cleared up yesterday so my goal is to get back to one intermittent fast per week for the next 2 months then switch things up again after that.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Forgot to eat carbs with dinner last night so woke up feeling hungry but still not sure whether I'm intermittent fasting today or not.

Had my usual two cups of coffee this morning and not hungry anymore (this is pretty normal for me). If I have no desire to eat before 1 p.m. then I'll probably be able to hold out until 7 p.m. without food.

I'm doing yoga plus an interval workout today so that should keep my appetite fairly supressed as well. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Dinner last night was 4 oz salmon and spinach, tomato, broccoli salad with homemade mustard dressing around 7:30 p.m.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's Intermittent Fast was a success! I didn't get hungry until 4:30 and even then I wasn't that hungry so I just took some pics for an ebook I'm working on then worked out and didn't have dinner until 7:30.

We made pasta with lemon chicken, artichoke hearts, zucchini, onion, garlic, tomato sauce. Had a small serving of that and some raw spinach with tomato slices (no dressing). Plus 2 glasses of wine and a small piece of chocolate cake to celebrate Valentine's day. It was a heavy dinner after a fast which is something I don't usually do but I kept the portions very small so I'm feeling really good today.

Here's one of my pics from yesterday so you can see what a combination of carb cycling, intermittent fasting, and carb lovers plus daily workouts can do for your body.

My stats in this pic are:
118 lb
19% bodyfat
27.5" waist
36.5" hips

I'm pretty happy with this but would like to drop about another 1-2% bodyfat if that's possible to do without changing my carb intake at all. I'm hoping I can do it just with one intermittent fast per week like I did last year. We'll see what happens.

The weight I'm pressing overhead is only 15 lb. I used to be able to press more but I have found that working at a faster pace with moderately heavy weight actually gets better fat loss results than lifting hardcore weight at a slower pace.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/23/12 12:33 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I just found a new workout top that I love! It says Shut Up & Eat Your Carbs. I'm tempted to buy it and film some workout videos in it laugh

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's intermittent fasting day! I'm so ready for a fast today. I'm not hungry, have a lot of work and errands to keep me busy and doing my functional training circuit plus a metabolic conditioning fatloss workout (pic below) and 20 min. of yoga too.

Yesterday I was feeling super sore from the two circuit workouts I did on Fri. and Sat. plus an hour of walking and a burlesque dance class I took Sunday so I only did mobility and stretching. Today I'm ready to workout with intensity again.

Don't mean to brag (yeah right) but my body and butt is looking good lately! Thanks to more healthy carbs and Intermittent Fasting I finally feel I have a body that's super healthy, fit to do what I love, and that looks good too. Nothing wrong with working out for multiple goals.

Tired of hard workouts and diets that don't get results? Introduce healthy carbs and some I.F. into your plan for better results. Get started with Carb Cycling first.

Carb lovers and intermittent fasting articles coming later this week.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/21/12 08:18 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great fast yesterday! My fast ended about 7:15 with a different version of the Aussie burger my boyfriend usually makes. It was buffalo meat, tomatoes pickles, 1 egg, plus a little bit of mayo, mustard, and spicy ketchup and a handful of baked fries. Also had a piece of dark chocolate for dessert and 20 oz of homemade iced tea. BTW, we never use sweetener in our tea. We like it plain plus already get enough sugar from other foods.

My workout yesterday was also amazing. Did 10 min. of mobility followed by 20 min. of functional circuits followed by 20 min. lower body circuit (instead of metabolic circuit) then stretched for 10 min. After dinner we felt like going for a walk so we walked to the park and back for 25 min. or so then I stretched a bit more. Feeling great today!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Want to learn more about intermittent fasting, how it can help you boost health, lose fat, and stop obsessing about food? Check out my new article Intermittent Fasting for Simple Fatloss, Health & A Lean Toned Body

It includes videos, my own personal story about why I got started with it and got hooked on it plus a solution for people who are open to it but not sure they can handle it.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I have just 4 hours of intermittent fasting to go today. I was unable to do it yesterday so I decided to do it today.

Today is the first intermittent fast that didn't start out so well. I wasn't hungry and haven't really been hungry all day but I was thinking of food and wanting to eat most of the morning because of a somewhat stressful issue that came up yesterday (nothing serious just a problem that I have not been able to solve).

Wanting to eat and thinking of food when I'm not in any way hungry made me very aware of what type of eater I am. When I'm stressed I don't get hungry. I actually lose my appetite but I eat because I feel I'm supposed to be eating so then the choices I make are not good. I choose easy, processed food over healthier unprocessed foods which then stresses me out more.

I had noticed this pattern a while back but never was it magnified to the degree that it is today in the middle of an intermittent fast which is very cool because I feel that it will help me make better food choices when stressed in the future.

Do you eat the wrong foods or just eat for no reason when stressed? I.F. can help you become more aware of this and the tips in this article I wrote a while back can help too: Stress Eating Types & Quick Fixes This morning I didn't think I was going to make it past 12 p.m. but now I just have 4 hours left and I'm even feeling less stressed too (still not hungry either).

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/29/12 05:41 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Been super busy lately but just wanted to post a quick intermittent fasting update. I fasted this past Tuesday which was 6 days after my last fast. It was a great I.F. that ended with 4 oz grilled fish and 2 cups of parboiled and steamed veggies (brussel sprouts, sweet potato, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions). I also had 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a banana with 1 tsp of nutella for dessert and homemade iced tea (unsweetened of course).

I also did a moderate functional training workout mid afternoon and I walked and stretched right before dinner as well. It was a great fast day for me that has helped keep my energy levels high for a busy week. I'll most likely be fasting again this Sunday or Monday.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm attempting an intermittent fast today even though I woke up slightly hungry. After 2 cups of coffee and some water I'm no longer hungry and hopefully a moderate intensity functional workout plus a busy day and some yoga before dinner will help me stay distracted. I'm feeling pretty confident I will have a good fast.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm attempting an intermittent fast today even though I woke up feeling hunger (a false sense of hunger that seems to have disappeared) and I'm also very tired from not getting enough sleep (this always makes me crave food for energy).

I had some chia water first thing when I woke up and two cups of coffee and won't be eating again until 7:30.

I have a new ebook that I'm trying to finish and workouts to film and food to photograph and bonuses to put together so I have plenty to keep me busy and distracted.

I'm also going to doing a Brazil Butt Lift Workout. I started BBL again yesterday and very much looking forward to it since the first time I tried it I was sick the 3 weeks out of 4 I was on it.

I'll create a new Brazil Butt Lift topic so I can post updates.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I.F. went well yesterday. I was slightly hungry about noon and considered stopping the fast but got distracted with work and errands and exercise so made it all the way to 7 p.m.

Considering another i.f. this Sunday but that all depends on our hike plans. If not Sunday then for sure Monday. I'm trying for every 5-6 days instead of once a week.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My son was home sick with allergies yesterday so I wasn't able to intermittent fast. It's usually very hard to do it when he's around. So I had to wait and I'm doing it today.

I'm having coffee, water, and iced tea all day and eating again at 7 p.m. My workout today is 10 min. mobility 45 min. of sculpt plus an easy 25 min. walk which is perfect for an i.f. day.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's intermittent fast was great. Around 11:30 I had this feeling that I might have to stop the fast but I drank a ton of water and was fine. I did mobility for 10 min. then walked for 25 min. around 5 p.m. Then when I got back I did my Brazil Butt Lift sculpt workout for 45 min. and it was the best sculpt workout I've had ever. I had tons of energy and my breathing was super efficient which is not usually the case for me. I had dinner around 7 p.m.

I really have been wanting to fast every 5-6 days but it doesn't seem to be happening that way and I'm cool with that for now.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I think I'm going to be intermittent fasting tomorrow. That will be 5 days since the last i.f. but I feel ready for it. I'm really happy with my fitness level right now and also with my weight and bodyfat.

I can tell my endurance is up from doing longer workouts daily which is exactly what I need for the amount of hiking we'll be doing when we're away this summer. My weight is about 117 lb and my bodyfat is 20%. It would be nice to maintain my weight but drop another 3% fat but that has been impossible to do in the past. We'll see what happens this time.

Here's a pic I took for my Life Purpose Inspiration. I bought those leggings back in Oct. but didn't like the way they fit until now. I tried attaching this pic to this post but forums won't let me do it. They also won't let me use smiley faces all of a sudden. What's up with that!!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Intermittent fasting is going well today. I am super busy writing, filming and editing a workout plus doing brazil butt lift bum bum workout and my own core ab workout then going swimming with my son. My fast ends at 7:30 tonight. Next one will be 5 or 7 days from today.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My intermittent fast went o.k. yesterday. I never got hungry but had a terrible headache that started early in the afternoon and lasted the rest of the day.

Going swimming and drinking lots of water helped but my leg workout followed by my ab core workout brought it back with a vengeance so I had to skip my bum bum workout but went for an easy 3 mile walk instead.

I finally figured out late last night that the headaches I've been getting the last couple of days is my levator scapulae injury is acting up again. I need to go see a good massage person who can release my trigger points and I also need to try to sit at the computer for shorter periods of time and with much better posture.

Hoping to fast again in 5 days. My weight right now is holding steady at 117 lb and my waist is now 27" which would explain why my bikini no longer fits. Time to get a new one!!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I really wanted to intermittent fast yesterday but I woke up starving so put it off until today.

This morning I woke up "feeling" hungry but not really interested in food. I figured if I waited an hour I would find out if I was really hungry or not.

Turns out that feeling of hunger was really thirst not hunger. So I'm intermittent fasting today.

I have tons of work today plus doing 2 longer workouts too: Brazil Butt Lift 35 min. bum bum workout plus 35 min. high and tight workout then a 4 mile walk to get groceries before dinner.

I'm definitely drinking chia water at noon today to boost endurance for my workouts and bum bum will have to be at 75% intensity vs. 100% so I can fit in that walk later tonight.

Last week I was able to do most of my Brazil Butt Lift workouts plus a couple of flow yoga workouts and 15 miles of walking. We are working hard right now to prepare for our yearly hiking trip and I think the combination of intermittent fasting and carb lovers along with a 10 week booze ban is really making a huge difference in our endurance and with fatloss too.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I had kind of a bad fast yesterday which is strange bcz I'm used to having great fasts all the time.

I had chia water around noon but was still feeling kind of low energy so had a medium latte from Starbucks (no sweeteners of any kind) which was a total cheat bcz it's 190 cal.

I did my Brazil Butt Lift workouts shortly after the latte at 4:30 then I showered and was so hungry that I could not hold out until 7:30 so I had walnuts and half a banana plus 1 huge strawberry and tons of water around 6:15 before going on our 4 mile walk. I don't think I could have walked on an empty stomach yesterday.

According to Brad Pilon author of the Eat Stop Eat Intermittent Fasting system it's o.k. to end your fast an hour early or if you're having a really bad fast (headache, hungry, not happy) then just eat and try again another day.

When we got back from our walk I had 3 oz grilled chicken, 1/4 cup black beans, pepper jack cheese slice, medium tortilla wrap with handful of spinach, 4 grape tomatoes, and 7 cucumber slices plus 1 fake beer and 2 squares of dark chocolate

Definitely not my best intermittent fast but it's my first bad fast since I started intermittent fasting again. Not sure how long I've been on i.f. this time around. Weight today is still 117 lb. Pants and skirts are still feeling too big for me : )

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I tried fasting this week but was not able to do it. I was working out 90 min. to 2 hours a day and was very hungry most days and my body felt very over-trained so I skipped this week's fast and will try again next week. This whole week was kind of a big workout/diet experiment anyway but already back on track today so hopefully I can i.f. next Tue. Weight is the same as last week.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My last official fast was 4/18 and I have not fasted since then. Last week was a recovery week from all the overtraining and I tried fasting but it didn't happen. This week I've been sick (cold, allergies, thumb sprain, plus period) and not eating much anyway so didn't make sense to I.F.

Dr. Mercola sent out a newsletter about I.F. today and that got me thinking about getting back on track with weekly fasts so I'm going to fast this coming Monday. That will be 2 1/2 weeks since my last fast. A nice break but excited to get back on track.

Here is Mercola's article if you want to read it: Burn Away Fat Cells With This Simple Eating Trick

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm not hungry this morning so I think today might be a great day to fast. I'm setting up a sales page for my new workout ebook and have to film a couple of workouts so I have plenty to keep me busy.

I just need to remember to drink lots of water. My workout today is going to be very similar to the Best Fat Loss Workout and I'm also walking 4 miles tonight and stretching for 20 min. after our walk.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I struggled with i.f. again this week but instead of giving up I decided to try for a 20 hour fast instead of a 24 hour fast and that worked to get me back on track so next week I should be able to intermittent fast for 24 hours.

The good thing about struggling with I.F. this week is that I did a lot of reading and learned more about it. There are so many people doing this now and one cool trick I learned for non-fast days is something called a condensed eating window.

You can read more about that and other i.f. tips in any of the articles below:

How to I.F. by Mark's Daily Apple

Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked by Lean Gains

Fast Way to Better Health by DR. Michael R. Eades

Intermittent Fasting 101 by I.F. Life

Mercola's site also has a great article about it but I'm over limit on links

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was planning on doing a fast today but I started getting so hungry at 11 so I decided to eat instead. May try to do one tomorrow since it's been over a week now since my last i.f.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been a long time since I fasted. I'm not hungry this morning so I'm thinking today would be a good day for an intermittent fast. I had dinner around 8 p.m. last night so going to attempt a 23 hour fast. Only 11 hours to go! laugh

My workouts today are 10 min. core ab workout and 40 min. of yoga and maybe some swimming.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Finally had a successful intermittent fast yesterday! I drank 4 cups of coffee, 1 small glass of chia water, 1 large glass of water with acai greens superfoods and orange emergen-C plus another 32 oz of plain water.

I was hungry mid afternoon but 60 min. of yoga and some swimming distracted me then I broke my fast with some pizza, spinach tomato cucumber salad, red wine, and a small dark chocolate. I usually don't like having a cheat meal after a fast but it's the one thing that kept me motivated to stick with it all day.

Not sure why I had bad fasts the last few times but I'm thinking it was all the endurance training we were doing for our hiking trip. Now that we're back I won't be doing as much cardio so I should be able to stick with weekly fasts and end the fasts with a small healthy meal like grilled chicken, steamed veggies and greens quinoa tabbouleh instead of what I had last night.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Been really on track with healthy eating and workouts this week so felt ready to intermittent fast today, a day ahead than planned.

Had 2 cups coffee earlier, 8 oz water plus 24 oz water with chia seeds, acai greens superfood, and emergen-C electrolytes.

Making herbal iced later so I don't drink more coffee today. Trying to cut back on coffee this week.

Will be ending my intermittent fast with a healthy homemade pizza, 1 fake beer, and a raw greens salad. Choosing from one of these 7 Homemade Pizza Recipes

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Intermittent fasting today. Wasn't sure if I was going to do it since I felt a bit hungry when I woke up but that false hunger just disappeared as soon as I drank 8 oz of water with my acai superfood greens (I drink that every morning now) plus 2 cups of coffee.

I actually went high carb the last two days so I would not be tempted to end my fast with pizza. You can read more about my high carb meals over in weight loss under carb lovers diet recipes.

Workouts this week are:

Mon. 10 min. mobility 20 min. full body fat loss 15 min. stretching

Tue. 10 min. mobility 20 min. lower body 10 min. core abs workout 30 min. stretching

Wed. 10 min. mobility 20 min. upper body and Pussy Cat Dolls workout dvd (it's my first time trying it and so looking forward to it)

Thur. same as Mon.

Fri. 60 min. yoga

Sat. day off

Sun. not sure yet

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 06/21/12 02:57 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great fast this past Thursday. Want to try intermittent fasting again tomorrow. Had an amazing workout week too. Here's a list of all my workouts last week:

Mon.: 10 min. mobility 20 min. lower body circuit 20 min. 10 min. core circuit 20 min. stretching

Tue.: 10 min. mobility 20 min. full body fatloss circuit 20 min. walk 20 min. stretching

Wed.: 10 min. mobility 20 min. upper body 35 min. brazil butt lift cardio axe 10 min. stretching

Thur.: 60 min. flow yoga, 4 mile walk

Fri.: day off

Sat.: 10 min. mobility 35 min. brazil butt lift high and tight 10 min. pilates ab workout 10 min. stretching

Sun: 10 min. Franklin Method mobility exercises 10 min. Pilates exercises for core plus 4 mile walk and 20 min. stretching

Trying a new cardio workout on mini trampoline. Will post more about it later this week.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great intermittent fast yesterday. My workouts the past 7 days have not been as long or as intense which has made it easier to eat slightly less every day (always a good thing when you're away and eating most of your meals out).

This past weekend we hiked to the Malibu overlook in Topanga Canyon and to the Hollywood sign from Griffith Park (just 2 days before the heat wave). We also walked along the Santa Monica beach path. I've also done some yoga and Pilates in our hotel room.

And I did a quick treadmill/weights circuit workout at the hotel fitness center which was mind numbingly boring compared to all my other workouts. More on this in a separate post.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Doing my weekly intermittent fast today. I've had a few high carb days so my body is ready for this. I've also been so sore from Pilates and Ballet workouts that I've never done before that I'm just not in the mood to eat today. I wonder if soreness affects appetite or just a coincidence?

My core (abs, glutes, back) have not been this sore in ages. It's interesting how Pilates and Ballet workouts don't look that hard but they really work your body in a very different way. Today I'm doing a 45 min. mat Pilates workout on Netflix.

Check out my new article Pilates for Weight Loss to learn more about how you can burn fat and get a lean toned fit body with Pilates. Did you know that soccer star David Beckham dropped from 13% to 8% body fat and improved sports performance with Pilates? I wrote about that too in this article: Bend It LIke Beckham Pilates Fatloss Workout

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great intermittent fast yesterday. Ended my fast with 3 oz of feta spinach salmon, mixed greens, heerloom tomatoes, avocado, carrots salad, 1/2 banana w/ 1 tsp nutella, and 1 fake beer.

My right now is 117 lb and waist is still 27". Hoping all the ballet and Pilates will help my get a little leaner and tighter so I can go back to aerial trapeze light as a feather and fit as a dancer!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's that time of week again and I'm so ready for this week's intermittent fast!

Want to learn more about intermittent fasting and how it can help you burn fat, lose weight, and get healthy? I.F. is very similar to exercise so if you hate exercising you may want to give it a try.

Check out the video in this article: Intermittent Fasting for Simple Fatloss, Health & A Lean Toned Body

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Well I'm accidentally intermittent fasting today. I was so busy this morning with workouts and ebook stuff and not hungry so haven't eaten and still not hungry so may as well take advantage of this and turn it into my weekly fasting day.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm intermittent fasting again today. My last fast was Tue. and felt really great all day. Was having a super busy day kind of the like the one I'm already having today so will be too distracted and most likely not hungry all day.

I don't believe in eating just to eat and lately I've been so busy and energized by my work that I don't even have my first meal until noon or 1. It's also really hot right now here in the southwest so maybe that is also affecting my appetite. Who feels like eating or cooking when it's 110 degrees outside.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I haven't posted about i.f. in a while but have been doing it consistently every 4-7 days. I'm actually intermittent fasting today and even though I wasn't feeling like it when I started this morning I am now very glad that I decided to do it.

I really needed a break from eating and cooking and just dealing with food in general. It's been 7 days since my last fast and my last one went really well. I seem to be doing much better cutting it off at 23 hours instead of 24.

Mercola has a killer article on it his week that discusses how you can intermittent fast for as little as 18 hours and still get the benefit or you can even just skip breakfast from time to time to turn up your metabolism and fat burning.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.