logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My intermittent fast went o.k. yesterday. I never got hungry but had a terrible headache that started early in the afternoon and lasted the rest of the day.

Going swimming and drinking lots of water helped but my leg workout followed by my ab core workout brought it back with a vengeance so I had to skip my bum bum workout but went for an easy 3 mile walk instead.

I finally figured out late last night that the headaches I've been getting the last couple of days is my levator scapulae injury is acting up again. I need to go see a good massage person who can release my trigger points and I also need to try to sit at the computer for shorter periods of time and with much better posture.

Hoping to fast again in 5 days. My weight right now is holding steady at 117 lb and my waist is now 27" which would explain why my bikini no longer fits. Time to get a new one!!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I really wanted to intermittent fast yesterday but I woke up starving so put it off until today.

This morning I woke up "feeling" hungry but not really interested in food. I figured if I waited an hour I would find out if I was really hungry or not.

Turns out that feeling of hunger was really thirst not hunger. So I'm intermittent fasting today.

I have tons of work today plus doing 2 longer workouts too: Brazil Butt Lift 35 min. bum bum workout plus 35 min. high and tight workout then a 4 mile walk to get groceries before dinner.

I'm definitely drinking chia water at noon today to boost endurance for my workouts and bum bum will have to be at 75% intensity vs. 100% so I can fit in that walk later tonight.

Last week I was able to do most of my Brazil Butt Lift workouts plus a couple of flow yoga workouts and 15 miles of walking. We are working hard right now to prepare for our yearly hiking trip and I think the combination of intermittent fasting and carb lovers along with a 10 week booze ban is really making a huge difference in our endurance and with fatloss too.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I had kind of a bad fast yesterday which is strange bcz I'm used to having great fasts all the time.

I had chia water around noon but was still feeling kind of low energy so had a medium latte from Starbucks (no sweeteners of any kind) which was a total cheat bcz it's 190 cal.

I did my Brazil Butt Lift workouts shortly after the latte at 4:30 then I showered and was so hungry that I could not hold out until 7:30 so I had walnuts and half a banana plus 1 huge strawberry and tons of water around 6:15 before going on our 4 mile walk. I don't think I could have walked on an empty stomach yesterday.

According to Brad Pilon author of the Eat Stop Eat Intermittent Fasting system it's o.k. to end your fast an hour early or if you're having a really bad fast (headache, hungry, not happy) then just eat and try again another day.

When we got back from our walk I had 3 oz grilled chicken, 1/4 cup black beans, pepper jack cheese slice, medium tortilla wrap with handful of spinach, 4 grape tomatoes, and 7 cucumber slices plus 1 fake beer and 2 squares of dark chocolate

Definitely not my best intermittent fast but it's my first bad fast since I started intermittent fasting again. Not sure how long I've been on i.f. this time around. Weight today is still 117 lb. Pants and skirts are still feeling too big for me : )

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I tried fasting this week but was not able to do it. I was working out 90 min. to 2 hours a day and was very hungry most days and my body felt very over-trained so I skipped this week's fast and will try again next week. This whole week was kind of a big workout/diet experiment anyway but already back on track today so hopefully I can i.f. next Tue. Weight is the same as last week.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My last official fast was 4/18 and I have not fasted since then. Last week was a recovery week from all the overtraining and I tried fasting but it didn't happen. This week I've been sick (cold, allergies, thumb sprain, plus period) and not eating much anyway so didn't make sense to I.F.

Dr. Mercola sent out a newsletter about I.F. today and that got me thinking about getting back on track with weekly fasts so I'm going to fast this coming Monday. That will be 2 1/2 weeks since my last fast. A nice break but excited to get back on track.

Here is Mercola's article if you want to read it: Burn Away Fat Cells With This Simple Eating Trick

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm not hungry this morning so I think today might be a great day to fast. I'm setting up a sales page for my new workout ebook and have to film a couple of workouts so I have plenty to keep me busy.

I just need to remember to drink lots of water. My workout today is going to be very similar to the Best Fat Loss Workout and I'm also walking 4 miles tonight and stretching for 20 min. after our walk.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I struggled with i.f. again this week but instead of giving up I decided to try for a 20 hour fast instead of a 24 hour fast and that worked to get me back on track so next week I should be able to intermittent fast for 24 hours.

The good thing about struggling with I.F. this week is that I did a lot of reading and learned more about it. There are so many people doing this now and one cool trick I learned for non-fast days is something called a condensed eating window.

You can read more about that and other i.f. tips in any of the articles below:

How to I.F. by Mark's Daily Apple

Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked by Lean Gains

Fast Way to Better Health by DR. Michael R. Eades

Intermittent Fasting 101 by I.F. Life

Mercola's site also has a great article about it but I'm over limit on links

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was planning on doing a fast today but I started getting so hungry at 11 so I decided to eat instead. May try to do one tomorrow since it's been over a week now since my last i.f.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's been a long time since I fasted. I'm not hungry this morning so I'm thinking today would be a good day for an intermittent fast. I had dinner around 8 p.m. last night so going to attempt a 23 hour fast. Only 11 hours to go! laugh

My workouts today are 10 min. core ab workout and 40 min. of yoga and maybe some swimming.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.