logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Want to learn more about intermittent fasting, how it can help you boost health, lose fat, and stop obsessing about food? Check out my new article Intermittent Fasting for Simple Fatloss, Health & A Lean Toned Body

It includes videos, my own personal story about why I got started with it and got hooked on it plus a solution for people who are open to it but not sure they can handle it.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I have just 4 hours of intermittent fasting to go today. I was unable to do it yesterday so I decided to do it today.

Today is the first intermittent fast that didn't start out so well. I wasn't hungry and haven't really been hungry all day but I was thinking of food and wanting to eat most of the morning because of a somewhat stressful issue that came up yesterday (nothing serious just a problem that I have not been able to solve).

Wanting to eat and thinking of food when I'm not in any way hungry made me very aware of what type of eater I am. When I'm stressed I don't get hungry. I actually lose my appetite but I eat because I feel I'm supposed to be eating so then the choices I make are not good. I choose easy, processed food over healthier unprocessed foods which then stresses me out more.

I had noticed this pattern a while back but never was it magnified to the degree that it is today in the middle of an intermittent fast which is very cool because I feel that it will help me make better food choices when stressed in the future.

Do you eat the wrong foods or just eat for no reason when stressed? I.F. can help you become more aware of this and the tips in this article I wrote a while back can help too: Stress Eating Types & Quick Fixes This morning I didn't think I was going to make it past 12 p.m. but now I just have 4 hours left and I'm even feeling less stressed too (still not hungry either).

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/29/12 05:41 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Been super busy lately but just wanted to post a quick intermittent fasting update. I fasted this past Tuesday which was 6 days after my last fast. It was a great I.F. that ended with 4 oz grilled fish and 2 cups of parboiled and steamed veggies (brussel sprouts, sweet potato, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions). I also had 1/2 an orange and 1/2 a banana with 1 tsp of nutella for dessert and homemade iced tea (unsweetened of course).

I also did a moderate functional training workout mid afternoon and I walked and stretched right before dinner as well. It was a great fast day for me that has helped keep my energy levels high for a busy week. I'll most likely be fasting again this Sunday or Monday.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm attempting an intermittent fast today even though I woke up slightly hungry. After 2 cups of coffee and some water I'm no longer hungry and hopefully a moderate intensity functional workout plus a busy day and some yoga before dinner will help me stay distracted. I'm feeling pretty confident I will have a good fast.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm attempting an intermittent fast today even though I woke up feeling hunger (a false sense of hunger that seems to have disappeared) and I'm also very tired from not getting enough sleep (this always makes me crave food for energy).

I had some chia water first thing when I woke up and two cups of coffee and won't be eating again until 7:30.

I have a new ebook that I'm trying to finish and workouts to film and food to photograph and bonuses to put together so I have plenty to keep me busy and distracted.

I'm also going to doing a Brazil Butt Lift Workout. I started BBL again yesterday and very much looking forward to it since the first time I tried it I was sick the 3 weeks out of 4 I was on it.

I'll create a new Brazil Butt Lift topic so I can post updates.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I.F. went well yesterday. I was slightly hungry about noon and considered stopping the fast but got distracted with work and errands and exercise so made it all the way to 7 p.m.

Considering another i.f. this Sunday but that all depends on our hike plans. If not Sunday then for sure Monday. I'm trying for every 5-6 days instead of once a week.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
My son was home sick with allergies yesterday so I wasn't able to intermittent fast. It's usually very hard to do it when he's around. So I had to wait and I'm doing it today.

I'm having coffee, water, and iced tea all day and eating again at 7 p.m. My workout today is 10 min. mobility 45 min. of sculpt plus an easy 25 min. walk which is perfect for an i.f. day.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's intermittent fast was great. Around 11:30 I had this feeling that I might have to stop the fast but I drank a ton of water and was fine. I did mobility for 10 min. then walked for 25 min. around 5 p.m. Then when I got back I did my Brazil Butt Lift sculpt workout for 45 min. and it was the best sculpt workout I've had ever. I had tons of energy and my breathing was super efficient which is not usually the case for me. I had dinner around 7 p.m.

I really have been wanting to fast every 5-6 days but it doesn't seem to be happening that way and I'm cool with that for now.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I think I'm going to be intermittent fasting tomorrow. That will be 5 days since the last i.f. but I feel ready for it. I'm really happy with my fitness level right now and also with my weight and bodyfat.

I can tell my endurance is up from doing longer workouts daily which is exactly what I need for the amount of hiking we'll be doing when we're away this summer. My weight is about 117 lb and my bodyfat is 20%. It would be nice to maintain my weight but drop another 3% fat but that has been impossible to do in the past. We'll see what happens this time.

Here's a pic I took for my Life Purpose Inspiration. I bought those leggings back in Oct. but didn't like the way they fit until now. I tried attaching this pic to this post but forums won't let me do it. They also won't let me use smiley faces all of a sudden. What's up with that!!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Intermittent fasting is going well today. I am super busy writing, filming and editing a workout plus doing brazil butt lift bum bum workout and my own core ab workout then going swimming with my son. My fast ends at 7:30 tonight. Next one will be 5 or 7 days from today.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.