logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I decided to transfer my intermittent fasting journal over to the exercise forum because I'm not really doing it for weight loss. I started experimenting with it for fatloss and now I'm strictly doing it for endurance so doesn't make sense to keep posting over in the weight loss forum. All my updates will be here from now on smile

I'm also going to writing about I.F. and how it affects your workouts. I'll post links as soon as that article goes live. If you do want to learn more about how it works for weight loss be sure to read my article: Master Cleanse vs. Intermittent Fasting

This week's fast went well and I'm considering doing another one Saturday.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I royally screwed up my diet a few days ago by eating sweets, very salty pork, salty chips, and wine all in the span of two days. The wind has been insane so my allergies have been acting up a bit and I guess my body finally said enough with all the toxins and I woke up with something called periorbital edema.

It's this ugly swelling under the eyes and not only did it look horrible but my eyes were burning, my throat was sore, and I had trouble breathing. I also felt like a complete idiot for indulging so much!

I went back to my normal diet yesterday and the swelling is much better but that is a lesson for me about how much I can cheat without experiencing serious consequences. Today I'm intermittent fasting and drinking tons of water. Sunday and Monday I'll be doing the Anti-Estrogenic diet for two days to bring my body back into balance.

Having the occasional bit of junk food, sweets, and alcohol is becoming less and less appealing!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Last week I focused on getting my eating was back to normal, lots of greens, berries, nuts, lean proteins and healthy carbs. I never did get around to my fast but was listening to my body all week and my body was saying lots of water, more veggies, whole grains, lots of protein and eggs, and no sugar.

My eating had gotten way off track before because I was just working too many hours a day and not taking the time to make myself healthy meals. This happens to a lot of people (my clients talk about this all the time).

It's unrealistic to think you'll eat and exercise perfectly each week but it's always important to try to do your best and to get back on track as soon as you notice things are way off.

This week's intermittent fast is today. Having coffee right now, will be drinking lots of water and not eating again until 7 p.m.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's almost 1 p.m. Just 6 more hours to go on today's intermittent fast. Not hungry, no headache, and plenty to do this afternoon. Doing a quick circuit workout and yoga later. Need to drink more water!

Shark
Shark
Ritual fasting is truly good for the soul, for some hungers, no food can satisfy.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's fast was great. No hunger, no cravings, plenty of focus to get some work done and energy to exercise too. I ended up doing 10 min. of mobility, a 50 minute yoga practice, and 20 min. of laps and tag at the pool.

I've read a lot of fitness people who intermittent fast do it when traveling and they do it from noon to noon or 2 p.m. to 2 p.m. instead of what 7 p.m. to 7 p.m. which is what I do. I might try that next week but not sure.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I have been off intermittent fasting since going on vacation the first week of June. I tried sticking with it this summer but it was impossible to do with my son home all the time. He is a skinny bottomless pit who constantly wants to eat so I was making meals/snacks for him 4-5 times a day and it was impossible for me to I.F. being around food all the time.

Now that he's back in school my eating habits are back to normal (breakfast at 11ish lunch at 2:30 p.m. and dinner at 7:30) so I started back up with I.F. today. I usually do it during the week but just have not been hungry all day so figured today was the day to start back up.

It's about 4 so I have 3 hours left to go and have only had coffee and water since 7 last night. I will be intermittent fasting from now until Thanksgiving when our family comes for a visit from Australia. I'll be doing it at least once a week and considering twice a week once a month but not sure yet. I actually missed I.F. so I'm excited to be doing it again.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Intermittent fast went really well this past Saturday. It's only been 5 days but thinking of doing another one starting tonight. Not sure yet.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I decided to intermittent fast yesterday so after a snack of yogurt, fruit and water, I did 10 min. of mobility then a 30 min. total body circuit workout (bodyweight, trx, and sandbell exercises) plus 10 min. of core work with a medicine ball then stretched for 30 min.

I took my son out to dinner (had curry coconut shrimp and veggies with brown rice at Pei Wei) plus a few bites of double chocolate chip cookie and 2 glasses of wine. My fast started at 7:30 p.m. last night and ends tonight about the same time.

Did not feel very hungry all morning. Had a few cups of coffee and lots of water. Started feeling somewhat hungry around noon but went shoe shopping and got distracted.

My afternoon clients are not coming in today so I will be doing yoga in a bit then walking at the time I usually train them to stay busy. The last few hours of an intermittent fast are always the hardest not because you feel hungry but because you know it's almost over so you tend to want to end it an hour or two earlier than you should.

I'm hoping I can fast again in 5 days. I like the idea of every 5 days instead of twice a week. This would add up to 6 fasts in one months instead of 8 and 4-6 fasts per month seems more reasonable than 8 per month.

Have you ever tried I.F.? Check out my article if you want to learn more: Master Cleanse vs. Intermittent Fasting

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/15/11 06:08 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I was not able to fast this past Tue. which would have been 5 days since my last fast. I tried again on Wed. and Fri. but I woke up hungry all those days so was not going to force the issue.

I was able to fast Sat. (yesterday). Was not hungry in the morning so had a few cups coffee then did this really intense lower body circuit workout which completely killed my appetite until about 4:30. I drank tons of water and then went for a 60 min. walk and stretched for 30 min.

I ended up breaking my fast around 7 p.m. (had white fish cooked in onions, tomatoes, chard, 1/2 cup roasted peppers, carrots, potatoes plus very small dark chocolate filled croissant my boyfriend made for desert, YUM!!!

We ate an hour earlier than dinner on Fri. night. Brad Pilon creator of the Intermittent Fasting system Eat Stop Eat says cutting your fast short by an hour isn't going to make a huge difference but you don't want to get in the habit of doing this all the time. Hoping to fast again in 5 or 7 days.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 09/25/11 08:24 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.