Print Thread
#685714 05/11/11 07:46 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone,

Has this topic been discussed before? Is it a well known diet/lifestyle that is followed in the US? Elsewhere?

What do people think of it in general? There seems to be two very different approaches to it and you either hate it or love it as it were.

Has it worked for you? Does a person lose weight, feel healthy and get well by following it more or less?

I would appreciate commentary and say thanks to the professional nutritionists and dieticians out there as well as anyone on either side of the argument who has honestly tried it and seen/had results or no results. I am neutral at the moment tending towards trying it very seriously. Help Please.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I've heard of some people on it and the results are mixed. I don't think blood type has anything to do with weight loss and tons of other experts will agree but one thing you should look into is a Metabolic Typing Diet. That is a better way to customize for your body and lots of people get better results from that type of diet.

It can't hurt to try something new though so if you feel up to it give it a go for at least 4 weeks and see how your body responds. Diets are a very personal issue so you may find that it works well for you or not. Only way to find out is to try it.

I've experimented a lot with diets for a variety of reasons in the last 10 years and also bcz I was the weight loss editor here for 10 years so I've tried just about everything. My clients lose weight on all types of diets so you never can tell.

I do have a HUGE issue with low carb. Hate it, can't stand it and anybody around here who's known me for a while knows that. In my opinion that is the only diet anybody should avoid like the plague. Too long to explain but you can read all my articles about it or posts here in this forum.

I'm sure some low carber is going to jump out of the woodwork and go on about how it's so wonderful but in reality it rarely works for anybody long term.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/12/11 01:26 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks for your reply Monica, am thinking and researching and reading ... will get back to you with some more enlightened thoughts when I have something to say. Will also check out the metabolism diet you suggest. May as well also ask you about meal replacement diets like Herbalife and Amway. What do you think of them?

Again I have to do some more reading but in general it does not make sense to me that you can eat anything you like for your third meal and still, lose and keep off the weight. Still, It seems to work for some more easily than others and as you say, dieting is such a personal choice and need and all that.

P S Do you know of anyone who manufactures time or sells it or has some to give away? I need some desperately to keep up with stuff and am willing to pay top dollar for a couple of extra hours a day! Grin.

Cheers

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 05/13/11 08:04 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
K
K
I am B +ve, what should be my diet?

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.