logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684282 05/05/11 06:09 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Did you know May is National Bike Month? I wrote an article on the origins of it last year ( May is National Bike Month) in the hopes of encouraging you to find ways to celebrate.

This year I'm going to be "competing" (I use the term loosely) in a local triathlon again as part of my celebration of being a cyclist. I also plan to ride as much as Alaska's variable spring weather will allow, including finally starting to use my bike for my daily work commute. I don't know if anyone in my small town has any biking-themed events planned, but you can be sure I'll be there if they do.

What do you have planned for the month. Are there any events in your area you can tell the rest of us about? Let us know and inspire us to join you!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Sharry:

Let us know how you do smile

I don't bike any more, but have a brother that does. Started doing this late in life - he is 7 years younger than I am and I am impressed that he did this. It helps with his stress and his weight is great.

Talk later,

S
OP Offline
S
Good for your brother, Angela. I never really rode when I was young. I really started started just eight years ago when a friend invited me on a tour. Just goes to show that it's never too late!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
i didn't know May was national bike month. Now that I do know it might motivate me to fix the puncture on my front wheel. With the price of petrol soaring in Ireland every trip by bicycle is worth it.

Elizabeth Brennan
Walking
Elephant
Elephant
May is when it start to get seriously hot here so I guess that's why last month there was 10 events in and around town and this month there's only 3.

I have not been able to ride in a long time because of tailbone issues but I used to ride all the time. I miss it! I have noticed more and more people riding to the grocery store lately. Great way to save on gas and burn some calories.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

S
OP Offline
S
Elizabeth, flats are easy to fix. Get on with it and ride! You're missing out on a lot of fun!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website
S
OP Offline
S
Monica, if your tailbone bothers you, you might try a different seat. I have issues with mine, too, but riding doesn't hurt. My seat has an indented area in the center back so that my tailbone doesn't rest directly on the seat. A good bike shop should let you test ride different options before you buy (or at least let you return the ones that don't work for you).

Good luck!

Sharry Miller
Cycling Website

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.