Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Among other things May celebrates Reading is Fun Week, sponsored by Reading is Fundamental to highlight the joy of reading and remind everyone that reading can be and is fun. Read a book today. See my full May Events Calendar As always I try to find the events that are familiar to people and some not so much.

Some people read to live, in other words, read only the necessary things. I on the other hand, am a confirmed bookaholic, so much so that I actually have a monthly book budgetblush How often do you read for pleasure?

Last edited by Vannie; 05/01/11 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Vannie, I do miss having the time to read for "pleasure" and look forward to being able to do this again. Once in awhile I will make time, but it is time that should be spent elsewhere. Hey, it may take me retiring (now 52) to have the time again. And here I was thinking that once my now 24 year old only child moved out, that I would have the time. But I did not plan on romance this late in life. Now he and our 2 dogs keep me busy. A good busy, but I am looking forward to some ME time. Great subject smile
Originally Posted By: Vannie
Among other things May celebrates Reading is Fun Week, sponsored by Reading is Fundamental to highlight the joy of reading and remind everyone that reading can be and is fun. Read a book today. See my full May Events Calendar As always I try to find the events that are familiar to people and some not so much.

Some people read to live, in other words, read only the necessary things. I on the other hand, am a confirmed bookaholic, so much so that I actually have a monthly book budgetblush How often do you read for pleasure?

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hey Shirley, romance is a really good thing. Enough of it and you can write your own book wink

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I don't have as much time to read for pleasure as I used to but now I do audio books. I love them! I find I listen to books I might not read and they turn out to be really good. For reading actual books, I mostly stuck to mysteries but for audio I've listened to all kinds of books.

I walk my dogs every day and even sometimes when I'm doing housework, I can listen to a book, even though I don't have time to sit down and read one.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
HealthyMom62, I enjoy audio books but the times I have tried I have been still, I have learned that I can't listen to audio books while sitting still because I fall asleep (it takes forever going back for do overs, etc.) Recently I bought several from my library surplus table, and will listen to them when I am active. You have a great idea--I hope it works for me.

Tiger
Tiger
You are so funny smile But yes, I guess I could (lol)
Originally Posted By: Vannie
Hey Shirley, romance is a really good thing. Enough of it and you can write your own book wink

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
My partner and I go through spouts. We have read books to each other (taking turns reading out loud and picking the book). I would say in the last 5 months we have read 2 or 3 books together. It has been at a stall lately because I keep falling sleep through her old romance novels lol. I like detective, mystery, suspense stories. I really need to step up, bite the bullet and try harder at staying awake through her books.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
GoodMorningSunshine, do you two like J. D. Robb novels? If you are not familiar, that is Nora Roberts writing her In Death series. You get a bit of everything in this series. I am addicted to these characters as much I am to those in the television program The Closer. Not so much the couples as the super back stories that comes with them.

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Actually Vannie, my mom loved Nora Roberts so I know I should have some books by her, but no I have not read them. I will have to check it out. I like James Patterson, Cathrine Coulter etc. For some strange reason I also like Paul Bowels among many others.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello everyone,
I am always always reading and always always have about three to five books on the go. I always always have a book in my handbag in case I get caught in a queue (at the bank, buying movie tickets, voting, even at the supermarket) It's like breathing for me, I can't do without my daily fix and lots of it! Read most things except horror and modern political fiction and Harry Potter style stuff. I make sure I re-read at least one classical author every two months or so. I love D H Lawrence, Dickens, Victor Hugo, the Russians and even Shakespeare (too many others to mention) so I am usually spoilt as the library has lots of those on the shelves. Find that biographies are very interesting too.

My daily thoughts include how privileged I am to have such freedom to read what I like! Perish the thought that I do not find some time to read, I would really be disappointed.

I could not believe my ears when I went to a hairdresser in a holiday town once who said she had never read a book. Never. When I asked how she had got through school, she said she'd asked her friends in her class to tell her the story or watched the movie/video or at a real push, followedd the study guide but that she found reading a boring chore. Oh my. It was then that I really felt lucky. I still do.
Cheers!

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.