Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hey Vannie and all,

I know what you mean about having it bad when you caress and page through books and yearn to have them in your collection then make that yearning real by going to the sale and finding others you didn't unpack that first day and convincing yourself that you really ought to buy that because well you need it and/or you haven't read it and/or it looks pretty and/or it suits your collection because it's yet a another curries only cookbook that you do not yet have and just have to have and - okay now breathe as I think a person needs to.

Have you ever read that charming book 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff? GO GET IT NOW if not, the library is sure to have a copy. And if you did, did you like it? Oh how I enjoyed it. Gentle, funny, smart, characterful and refreshing ... and based on fact.

Smiling.

Cheers now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 05/13/11 08:50 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lestie, I did read 84 Charing Cross Road. I remember loving it. I started smiling as soon as I saw the title.

LOL--it's always wonderful to find women who feel the same as I do about books, you know ready for "books anonymous." Today is our library book sale. My shift is from 9am to 11am. I already have a couple of cook books in mind and since I helped to sort them, I know exactly where they are. wink I'll get to the library at 8:30 for coffee and a quick look around to get my books before I start to work.

The downside of book love is that my apartment is being painted Monday. I have a very full bookcase in my bedroom, will spend this evening and tomorrow removing books from bookcase.(whine, whine, whine)

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Vannie,

Imagine how smart your books will look with a repainted wall behind them? Now there is a thought, and think of how welcome the newbies you get from the sale will feel - smart wall'n all and not being rejected all the time by the public who doesn't always know what to read from the library and who just puts them back on the shelf or even worse just leaves them lying around!

Gimme an R Gimme an E gimme an A gimme a D. NOW.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Tiger
Tiger
It is the same guy.
Originally Posted By: Vannie
Angela, I have not read "Practical Miracles for Mars & Venus" Is it by John Gray? I did read "Men are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" I found it eye-opening.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Angela, thanks for letting me know. May look for it.

Vannie Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I love the way you think Lestie smile I only bought four books, 2 cook books, 1 about Marilyn Monroe because I collect this and 1 a chilren's book titled William and the Magic Ring from the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. It is sooo wonderful. It has cut paper art.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.