logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682136 04/28/11 05:11 PM
OP Offline
The question, �Why me?� is one that has plagued almost everyone that has come up HIV/AIDS positive. They consider their lifestyles and wonder how the choice was made that they contracted the virus instead of other people. They may even consider those who have way more liberal sexual lives and wonder why they didn't contract this virus. They may look at those who have worse drug habits or behaviors than they do and wonder why these people didn�t contract the virus. What singles them out of the crowd? Was it something they did? Something about them that made them more appealing to HIV/AIDS?
The bottom line is that HIV does not have a pattern. It doesn't care more about liberal sexual behavior in contrast to conservative behavior patterns. It doesn't care if you have shot up drugs once or hundreds of times. It doesn't care if you are gay or straight. There is no method behind HIV's madness. It can and does strike anyone that it can.
It doesn't care if you are educated or illiterate. It doesn't care about social status. It doesn't care if you are rich or poor. It only cares about one thing, being given the opportunity to infect.
Part of the road to acceptance is successfully getting past the why me portion. Understand that it was your behavior that qualified you to become HIV positive and nothing personal. It was having unprotected sex or using dirty needles or in some cases the choices of parents that lead to you having HIV/AIDS. It wasn't because you weren't smart enough or weren't pretty enough. It doesn't care if you have your PH.d or never graduated from high school. It doesn't care if you weigh 125 or 521 pounds. It doesn�t care if you are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Korean or Indian. It only cares about opportunity.
You can only afford to spend a limited amount of time questioning, "Why me?" You must get past that and move onto "What do I need to do now to have a normal life?"
You will never come up with a beneficial answer to why me? Even if you do come up with an answer, it is not an answer that is going to make you feel any better about having the disease. The fact of the matter is you have it, now it is time to move on to 'I am living well with it!"

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

Be Protected... Get Educated... Stay ALIVE!

"In order to succeed, simply act as though it is impossible to fail."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jontay HIV&AIDS #682285 04/29/11 11:27 AM
Tiger
Tiger
Jontay, love the points you made. My heart goes out to anyone that did live a SAFE life and ended up infected - and the kids, tears come to my eyes.
Originally Posted By: Jontay HIVandAIDS
The question, �Why me?� is one that has plagued almost everyone that has come up HIV/AIDS positive. They consider their lifestyles and wonder how the choice was made that they contracted the virus instead of other people. They may even consider those who have way more liberal sexual lives and wonder why they didn't contract this virus. They may look at those who have worse drug habits or behaviors than they do and wonder why these people didn�t contract the virus. What singles them out of the crowd? Was it something they did? Something about them that made them more appealing to HIV/AIDS?
The bottom line is that HIV does not have a pattern. It doesn't care more about liberal sexual behavior in contrast to conservative behavior patterns. It doesn't care if you have shot up drugs once or hundreds of times. It doesn't care if you are gay or straight. There is no method behind HIV's madness. It can and does strike anyone that it can.
It doesn't care if you are educated or illiterate. It doesn't care about social status. It doesn't care if you are rich or poor. It only cares about one thing, being given the opportunity to infect.
Part of the road to acceptance is successfully getting past the why me portion. Understand that it was your behavior that qualified you to become HIV positive and nothing personal. It was having unprotected sex or using dirty needles or in some cases the choices of parents that lead to you having HIV/AIDS. It wasn't because you weren't smart enough or weren't pretty enough. It doesn't care if you have your PH.d or never graduated from high school. It doesn't care if you weigh 125 or 521 pounds. It doesn�t care if you are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Korean or Indian. It only cares about opportunity.
You can only afford to spend a limited amount of time questioning, "Why me?" You must get past that and move onto "What do I need to do now to have a normal life?"
You will never come up with a beneficial answer to why me? Even if you do come up with an answer, it is not an answer that is going to make you feel any better about having the disease. The fact of the matter is you have it, now it is time to move on to 'I am living well with it!"

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey Jontay,

You really know your facts. You were a perfect fit for this site. Thanks for sharing!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.