How Dreams Can Improve Our Relationships Open and honest communication is a key component to all healthy relationships. As a student of metaphysics I have learned that openness is also important in my relationship with myself. One of the ways we communicate with ourselves is through our dreams. A good relationship with myself is a prerequisite for good relationships with others. Dreams are messages from our subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind is where intuition comes from, it is our inner self and it is where we go when we sleep. Our conscious waking mind forms desires and it is the duty of the subconscious mind to fulfill them. This is the relationship between the minds, the outer and inner self. Dreams provide input or feedback that we can use in our daily lives to improve our relationships. Writing down and interpreting our dreams allows us to receive the guidance from our inner self and put it into practice. I recently had the following dream. I bump a table and a model car starts to roll off. I am attempting to balance it and having some difficulty. Heather H. appears and helps me to rebalance it. While studying at the School of Metaphysics in the United States, I learned that the people in my dreams represent different parts or aspects of myself. Heather H. is very good at initiating open and honest communication so she symbolizes that part of myself. My dream is telling me that initiating more open and honest communication is important in achieving more balance in my life. I realize that being more balanced will aid me in improving all my relationships. I have a desire to deepen my relationships so I decided to put this advice into practice. I have been purposefully more honest in my communication with people and I have noticed a definite improvement in my relationships. For more information about dreams and the School of Metaphysics, visit dreamschool.org for more information.