Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#674750 04/02/11 03:27 AM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Are you new to the idea of creating your own website? Would you like your own space on the net but are afraid to get started? Ask me your questions. I'm here to help you get started designing your first website, so ask anything here.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Stephanie:

I am not totally "naive" when it comes to having a website (have had several) but would love to see some information on which site to pick?

And by this I mean, you have the paying and free ones.

Right now, I am doing the "free" one due to finances (Weebly).

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
My thoughts about using free services is that it depends what you're using the site for. If you are promoting your web design business, lol of course you don't to use a free site builder to show that, right?

If you are promoting a business of any sort it is better not to use free sites unless you can disable the signs that it is free such as advertisements or links to the site builder.

You can get hosting for less than 5 dollars a month, so if you have a business site, five dollars a month is nothing if you want to make sure to put your best foot forward.

If you have just a personal site, then I'd say it's fine to use the free version, but then I wonder if you can do it for less than five a month why let someone else make ad money off your words?

I'll write an article next week about this, look for it on Thursday. smile

Stephanie

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Tiger
Tiger
Looking forward to your article smile

Originally Posted By: Stephanie - Web Design
My thoughts about using free services is that it depends what you're using the site for. If you are promoting your web design business, lol of course you don't to use a free site builder to show that, right?

If you are promoting a business of any sort it is better not to use free sites unless you can disable the signs that it is free such as advertisements or links to the site builder.

You can get hosting for less than 5 dollars a month, so if you have a business site, five dollars a month is nothing if you want to make sure to put your best foot forward.

If you have just a personal site, then I'd say it's fine to use the free version, but then I wonder if you can do it for less than five a month why let someone else make ad money off your words?

I'll write an article next week about this, look for it on Thursday. smile

Stephanie

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I can do the basics using Front Page (2000) but I would like to get better at this and learn more. Do you plan to do some tutorials for readers to try to new things?

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet

New Article (sorry it's late!)

I'm in Graduate school and I thought yesterday was Wednesday all day long! It only just dawned on me now that it's not Not Wednesday!

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Since Frontpage is not longer supported by Microsoft I won't likely be doing any tutorials regarding Frontpage. Sorry frown. But, I bet if you looked up what you want to learn on YouTube you'd find it. I find everything there. I even found out how to put rubber bands on my daughter's braces there. smile

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Hi Angela,

Right now I'm putting together two websites on Weebly as well. I keep feeling like I should be doing Wordpress because "everybody's doing Wordpress," but I really like Weebly. It's super simple, drag and drop to design. I don't know yet how it compares to WP with plugins and advertising and all... but for right now, it's been great.

Gail Armanini, Editor
Breast Cancer Site *** Breast Cancer Forum
A
A
Wordpress and some of these other website builders can take a lot out of you. Instead of focusing on what you are going to say, you end up spending all your time on setting your site up. This can totally derail your project.

Tiger
Tiger
Yippee, I found another Weebly user (lol). Peter, the Wine Editor uses Weebly too. Are you using the FREE or paid for version?
Originally Posted By: Gail A - Breast Cancer Ed
Hi Angela,

Right now I'm putting together two websites on Weebly as well. I keep feeling like I should be doing Wordpress because "everybody's doing Wordpress," but I really like Weebly. It's super simple, drag and drop to design. I don't know yet how it compares to WP with plugins and advertising and all... but for right now, it's been great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.