Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Water mint has a lighter taste than peppermint. However, it grows equally well in dirt as it does in water!

I like to plant potatoes in a raised bed. I put the potato pieces on the scuffed up dirt. Then, I cover them with straw and leaves. The potatoes grow up into the mulch and I don't have to dig them. It takes about a foot of mulch. They actually produce more this way than they do planted in the heavy clay of Kansas.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
It is tempting to try this with the potatoes. The potatoes are scarred up and have spoiled before they get home from the store. I have rarely planted potatoes in previous years because it was just as inexpensive to buy them. Not anymore, they attempt to pick them with machines, the blades scar them up, bacteria gets into the potato and then it rots the whole bag. Back to planting them the old fashion way, besides when thinning you get the treat of new potatoes!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
diana, toss the taters in a mound of dirt and water it sometimes. That's all it takes. let us know how it goes!

This week, with my food stamps, I picked up a heirloom tomato plant, a boxwood basil, cilantro and a spagetti squash plant.

I have to think about where to put the basil. being in AZ, i have to put several of the herbs in the shade. the mint here only thrives in shade, even though the containers suggest full sun. I think the basil will also do better in the shade. Not sure about the others. I do expect that nothing will survive the summer, but that is still a few months off.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.