Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Ah. I see. You're not into replacing the BM. Got that. And the kids are going back to her full-time anyway.

So here's my final words of advice to ensure the solidarity of your marriage:

Remember not to make him see YOU on a different side from HIS KIDS. His kids are a part of him. If you really are the love of his life, you will love all parts of him and that includes his kids. Otherwise, you're rejecting a big part of him. And he will feel that even if subconsciously.

You may not want to replace BM, but you need to love them like a stepmom. There are a lot of wonderful stepmoms whom the kids end up loving and respecting even more than their BMs.

Your husband will love you even more when you can love his kids as much as you love your own. If you plan on having kids with him, be very very sure not to show that you play favorites.

You're young and it might take some time for you to understand that this is humanly possible. Don't take that offensively, but I've learned that when we're young, we somehow feel that we can only love so much or that our love is territorial. We pick and choose who we will love more, etc.

At my age, I've learned that you can never lose by being loving. You are capable of generating endless love. For everyone.

The more love you give, the more you receive. From everyone.

Good luck, darling. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Hi, I am from USA. I am in a troubled situation. My family wants me to marry a girl in their friend circle.. But I am in love with an Indian girl .. My family is not allowing me to marry her.. I cannot live without her. What should I do? I was born on 6th august 1986 and my birth time is 9 am.. I have a little belief in astrology.. Anybody who can predict something or give any solution I would be very thankful.. Thanks in advance.. Please help!!! Want to know your destiny click: [url=http://horoscope.findyourfate.com/] Daily horoscope[/url] and [url=http://horoscope.findyourfate.com/] Monthly horoscope [/url]

Last edited by shaunmills; 03/21/11 02:15 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I don't think anyone can predict your future for you! And surely it is up to you who you decide to marry, no one can tell you who you must marry! It is not up to anyone but you as they are not the one who has to live with someone they do not love.

Parents do not have authority over you to say 'marry this one or that one' it is entirely up to you.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #672845 03/25/11 01:36 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Shaunmills, you create your own destiny regardless of what the stars might foretell. Create what you want.

I am familiar with arranged marriages and know of couples who were arranged, happily and unhappily everafter. It is hard to stand up to your family when family is so important to different cultures. Americans have no qualms about cutting off family in difficult situations, but it is unthinkable in some cultures.

When you discuss your desires with your family, do not talk to them as a group. Open up to one person at a time in a private place. Appeal to the person's love for you and tell them that if he or she really loves you and cares about your happiness, he or she would not force you into a loveless marriage. Elders believe that love can grow between strangers over time. And it is true. But not if your heart already belongs to someone else.

Tell them what you told us, that you cannot live without your true love. That you do not want to live without her.

Do not confront your family in anger. Anger begets anger. Look deeply into their eyes and tell them you love them and you know they love you, too. And because they love you, you know they would not want you to be miserable. Point out real loveless arranged marriages (they will point out successful marriages) and the dire consequences young lovers are driven to to avoid them.

If they still do not listen, remember that you are in the United States and they simply cannot physically force you to marry. If you are old enough to marry, you are old enough to live on your own and marry who you like. It will hurt to strike out on your own and leave your family behind, but better that then to live without your true love.

In the end, every man needs to leave his mother and father to join with a wife and start his own family. Who knows, standing up for your rights may cause your father to respect you as a man. Tell your parents that you love and respect them, but they would do the same as you, stand up for true love.

One more thing: Let them know you have prayed about this and consulted divine guidance. Be sure to do so! Pray and ask God for help. You will receive inspiration to do the right thing. If God indeed blessed you with true love, your parents will not protest against God's will.

Best wishes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.