Koala
L
Here's a bad motivational quote from my own mother:

"You look good from behind. Why don't you walk into a room backwards?"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
We've only been posting motivational quotes. This wouldn't really qualify as one especially since it's so negative. How about we stick to positive productive quotes : )

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, sorry. I saw the title of the thread and it says "good and bad motivational quotes."

Okay, here's a positive one:

"Happiness and love are just a choice away."
Author: Leo Buscaglia

Last edited by Lori Chidori - Marriage; 03/16/11 01:51 PM.
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Motivational quotes that can be construed as good or bad vs. just something bad someone said to you to motivate you. I probably should have explained better.

Maybe we should start a post on that one. I'm sure plenty of us have heard nasty things that only drove us to succeed.

My high school counselor told me "you should go to trade school, you'll never graduate from college." What he said [censored] off my mom but I knew he was a complete loser who liked smoking pot with some of the students so I ignored his de-motivational advice and gradated with honors in my major. Can you believe that moron being a school counselor. I hope some of the other students ignored his advice too.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
..."The main dangers in this life are the people who want to change everything - or nothing." Nancy Witcher Astor, Viscountess
Hi Monica, so true! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lori Chidori - Marriage
Here's a bad motivational quote from my own mother:
"You look good from behind. Why don't you walk into a room backwards?"
Hi Lori, that's a bad one all right. It's also quite funny. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Motivational quotes that can be construed as good or bad vs. just something bad someone said to you to motivate you...I'm sure plenty of us have heard nasty things that only drove us to succeed...
Hi Monica, in the UK, "bad motivational quotes" also means "really corny" ones. Saying that, I can't actually think of one at this moment! (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks Dr. Joy. As usual a complete disconnect for me in the humor dept. I speak American English and think like a Mexican so the comment Lori posted is not corny/humorous to me. In Mexico if somebody says something like that to you they usually mean it and not as a joke or a motivational tool. They're saying it to hurt you. I think it's so interesting how different cultures find humor in different things. I still have trouble with the English or American sense of humor when it comes to personal jokes. MIL is English and sometimes I just don't get that she's poking fun and being corny but I'm learning : )

"A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes." Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 03/17/11 11:03 AM.

ExerciseEditor #670943 03/17/11 11:27 AM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Thanks Dr. Joy. As usual a complete disconnect for me in the humor dept. I speak American English and think like a Mexican so the comment Lori posted is not corny/humorous to me. In Mexico if somebody says something like that to you they usually mean it and not as a joke or a motivational tool...I still have trouble with the English or American sense of humor when it comes to personal jokes. MIL is English and sometimes I just don't get that she's poking fun and being corny but I'm learning...

Hi Monica, yes, the way humour is told (and accepted) across the world is really interesting. Brits can have a very dry/dark sense of humour and it is not uncommon for things they say to be taken as insults rather than the compliments they actually are.

The next time your MIL says something that upsets you, just listen to her actual words and consider what else they could mean. I�m sure you�ll find that her comments have much affection behind them! (JOY)

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks so much for the tip. That helps a ton!

"A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life." William Arthur Ward

"A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke - and that the joke is oneself." Clifton Paul Fadiman (yes, I'm working on this one)

"Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth." Victor Borge

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.