logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Linda, you explained that a whole lot better than I did. Just woke up, have to investigate my coffee cup smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Diana and Linda,

Just wondering, then, who "created" evolutionary science lol?- the original focus of this thread that I had read in its entirety.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Actually the thread started as a ha ha to lighten everyone spirits during a dark time in history. Where would we be without science or a Supreme being - surely many people would not be alive today, or the number that died because of science - atomic bombs, atomic testing, human subject testing. Having taken a number of science courses in college; physics, biology, astronomy, physical science, oh and that awful chemistry class lol, though I majored in social sciences. I also enjoyed anthropology and archeology. Archaeological evidence of many Sacred books including the Holy Bible and Qur�an is fascinating. I certainly have nothing against science, just scientist that cover things up, or are deceitful because of politics. Frankly, I am not even sure what your point is. Or, what you have against any of the thread, it is a simple comparison and fun investigation of science and religion. Perhaps you'd like to turn to Theology to answer your question, or maybe Carl Zimmer. You could investigate Sociobiology. Read some of the works of evolutionary geneticists. That should hopefully give you a basic background evolutionary science. Some eye opening sources would be to compare the works between Charles Darwin (natural selection) and Jerry Coyne. My only point is that neither science nor religion can stand alone. Frankly, after having two types of cancer, with 7 reoccurrences I doubt if I would be alive today without science and God.

In regards to the questions on this topic about why didn't all apes evolve into humans... Well, birds evolved from dinosaur-type creatures but then not all of those reptiles evolved into birds. The Tuatara, which is a New Zealand native lizard, has been around since the dinosaurs, and still looks the same now as it did then and did not evolve into a bird species. There is mathematical randomness in evolution, which is necessary in order for genes to be "fresh" so to speak. So the fact that not all apes evolved into humans just means that evolution is not a linear, one-way street. it is not proof, however, of creationist theories.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Susan, isn't the soul or mind sent to the human body so that our spirit or soul evolves, hopefully in the right direction? By experiencing life in human form, something we would be unable to do as a spirit? I wonder if what I see as a "thin veil" is Akashic records. However, it doesn't explain future events.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala

Quote:
I also believe the universe is teaming with human-type life - souls with minds inhabiting bodies.
I don't think there is even a remote possibility that that it isn't. The only way possible, that life isn't somewhere other than earth, is that it was chaos, a big accident, that created life. I find that a bit far fetched.

C
Shark
Shark
C
OMG interesting reading though I don't think I want to touch this one with a ten foot pole. You all brought up some real interesting points. Osborne? lol

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.