#668283 03/08/11 12:03 AM
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hello everybody...

I haven't been around the forums for a looooong time, but here I am with some good news, and hopefully I can get some advice and support from some of you!

I found out today that I am pregnant!

My husband and I decided for me to go off birthcontrol in January. My LMP was Feb 7/11 but it was 2 days late and very light only lasted 2 days. And then I was technically due for my period this past weekend/today, and I decided to take a preg. test at work - it showed positive, so I took a few more and sure enough came back positive. So I sent myself for a bloodtest and it's come back showing:

Serum Pregnancy Test

Positive

Serum HCG

IU/L
Non Pregnant: <5
0 - 1 Week: 5-50
1 - 2 Weeks: 40-300
2 - 3 Weeks: 100-1000
3 - 4 Weeks: 500-6000
1 - 2 Months: 5000-200000
2 - 3 Months: 10000-100000
2nd Trimester: 3000-50000
3rd Trimester: 1000-50000
Post Partum: detectable levels for 30 days

Im excited, Im nervous, Im shocked... any words of advice?!?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
lala21 #668289 03/08/11 12:35 AM
S
S
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Being pregnant is seriously an amazing experience. Hopefully you will love it as much as I do! Advice? Its normal to be anxious. You're entering into a whole new time of changes, amped hormones, and the unknown... Start your prenatal vitimins now, go to your prenatal appointments religiously, feed your new miracle thats growing inside you all the best that nature has to offer, and leverage your support system when you need them. You are not alone in this journey. Happy pregnancy!

skylark #668293 03/08/11 01:05 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
This is also the time to be calming yet excited! Keeping your stress level down at this early in the pregnancy is very important. You want to take your prenatal vitamins and get plenty reading material to read on what goes on during each month. I wish you and your husband the best of luck. And I'll be checking back to see how you are doing! Congrats!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Thanks! I cant even describe all the feelings Ive felt today... I couldnt concentrate at work today lol...It's so surreal... Sometimes I almost forget about it and it suddenly hits me that I am pregnant, but Im sure it wont really hit home until the first ultrasound, first kick, until Im actually holding a baby! I know its still early on, and I dont want to get my hopes up, because you never know what can happen. Im just hopeful all goes well!

This is my first pregnancy so I cant wait for all the little (BIG) surprises that come along. I didnt think it would happen so soon, hubby thought it would be right away, but I always had doubt that it would happen, especially this soon! Im still in shock!

anyways, I think its bed time... soo many emotions today... time to get some ZZzzz's....

cant wait to share more with you guys and learn more!

lala21 #668941 03/09/11 11:08 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
The other ladies have offered some great advice. Rest up and enjoy that initial excitement! Very excited for you, Congratulations!

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Thanks again! We haven't shared the news just yet as its still early, so it's nice to be able to talk about it online.

Im going another bloodtest tomorrow morning just to see how the levels are increasing and then we have a dr's appointment on the 31st with our family dr. He doesnt do obstetrics anymore so he will be referring us to a maternity dr. After that we'll be sharing the news with family and friends. For now only a few people at my work know. (I work in a dr's office so it's easy to talk about this stuff with all the ladies I work around)

So far so good... haven't had any changes that are noticeable yet. I have been feeling bloated and mildly crampy like menstrual cramps but they come and go and arent very strong. Otherwise I feel great so far!

I guess I'll have more to say as the weeks/months go on!

lala21 #669141 03/10/11 05:46 PM
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Had my 2nd bloodtest today only just barely 72 hours after the 1st one and it's nearly tripled!!!

Monday was 259
Today (Thursday) is 984

I guess this is a good sign! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything continues to go well!

I'm really getting excited now and I think most of the nervousness is slowly going away... for now.

lala21 #672684 03/24/11 05:53 PM
L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Well the nausea has officially set in! Ive been off and on sick feeling/tired for a week or so but Yesterday and today Ive been nausiated for about 90% of the day!!! Only threw up once, but have come close many other times!! It's tiring feeling so nauseous constantly... But I guess Ill either get used to it or itll go away eventually... I hope. The end result is what matters after all!

Dr's apt is next Thursday after work!!

And we are telling hubbys family on Saturday and my dad/brother on Sunday. I already told my mom a bit ago and a good friend of mine. Its so exciting!!

well.. back to work for an hour or so....

lala21 #674069 03/30/11 08:26 PM
Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm so sorry you have been feeling sick! I know how you feel. I have had 3 pregnancies and each one was completely different in terms of sickness.

Hope you have fun telling everyone the good news!

L
lala21 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
Hello everyone..

Well I spent about 3 weeks nauseous and tired.. and now I have a nasty head cold that wont go away and Im absolutely DRAINED of all energy!!! All I do is go to work and come home.. hubby has been doing everything around the house and I just lay on the couch and sleep... sleep... sleep. It's great he's doing so much but Im feeling rather down about it. The last few days Ive been overly emotional - I cried last night for no reason at all... I sobbed and sobbed... and again at work today I cried twice. Im just so sensitive and tired and sick of being sick and tired.

I know lots of people say it gets better after the first trimester, but sometimes it feels like it will never end! I just want to feel good enough to actually want to take the dog for a walk, or to cook dinner or something other than sitting around feeling awful!

Im even having a hard time at work Im sooo sleepy all the time. Work is piling up and the boss is considering hiring a part time person to help out.

I hate feeling like this...

Otherwise, Im not feeling as nauseous which is great - and not really having many other pregnancy symptoms except for a lack of period for over 2 months, and positive preg. tests. Tender breasts/tingly nipples here and there but otherwise haven't noticed much else going on.

I'm annoyed with my fam. dr though over 2 weeks ago we went to him to get a referral to a maternity dr and hadnt heard back so I called on Monday to find out what the status was and the MOA told me that nothing had been done yet so she would speak to him and get back to me. Waited until this morning and heard nothing, so hubby called and MOA said that he would get an answer for us by the end of the day. Later this afternoon I got a personal phone call at work from the dr himself apologizing for the delay.. he had not recorded my LMP and other info so had not done the referral. He apologized and promised he would sent the referral today. I guess I gotta give him credit for calling me personally - (I know, because I work with dr's, that many of them do not like to make calls to their patients directly, and often put it on their MOA/Receptionist to do) But he did take responsibility for it, so hopefully it's all taken care of now and I will have an apt soon.

Anyways... that's all for now.... more to come!

Last edited by lala21; 04/14/11 07:09 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.