logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It seems a bit paradoxical that one of my exotic pet ferrets is dying while I am writing and publishing the ferret series. All I know is Missy has been my friend, my companion, a friend who has shown me nothing but unconditional love from the day we brought her home. Euthanasia a hard decision.

Euthanasia Our Little Ferret has Died

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I am so sorry to hear about Missy, I have been reading your ferret stories.

I have four dogs and three birds and I am dreading the day one of them dies. They are all like my best friends so I cannot imagine what you are feeling right now.

God bless and take care of yourselves.

Linda Heywood

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Diana, my heart goes out to you. Losing a pet is so hard. When I had to have my American Eskimo puppy, Akima, put to sleep years ago it was very difficult to deal with. The Vet thought I was a little eccentric because I insisted on holding Akima when he gave her the shot. Guess he did not realize the spiritual connection people have with their pets.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Thank you for your kindness Linda. I pray your dear pets have a long and healthy life. It is kind of strange. My husband said no more animals that have such short life spans. I honestly can't see that it makes a difference; the loss hurts as much if they lived for three years or 50 years. With God's blessing I don't have to bear the full pain, for he is standing with me. Again, thank you.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Phyllis the connection is strong and I would not allow an animal to die alone. You can feel the moment the spirit leaves the body. An instant before my father passed, he looked up, and pointed, smiled and said up up! He was looking at something very intently, a short ways in the distance perhaps a few feet above him. Then he was gone.

Vet's can think whatever they want, I had an argument with a vet once over a skunk, same circumstance. I held him next to my face until he was gone. The idiotic vet looked panic stricken. Thank you for your kindness.

I find it always helps me to know that love (love for/from anyone or pet) never dies -- it only eventually goes to a quieter place within us.

When my father died, I was about 60 miles away from him -- yet I felt a strong spiritual connection that bonded us even closer than ever. One is never closer to God than when a loved one crosses over.

Keep the joy of the memories within your heart and I pray your healing has already begun.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
George and I were heading for Kansas trying to get to my mother before she died. All of a sudden I felt her with me. I told George she was there with us, and she was dead. Not more than four or so minutes later the cell phone rang. It was my brother telling me she was gone. When my son died, I felt him near me or with me up until the funeral. In fact, MANY strange, yet wonderful things happened. Most were so off the wall; it could only have been my son causing the monkey business.

After my father's funeral, I was devastated for days. I just could not deal with the loss and just wanted to sleep. One day I forced myself to get up and clean the house. As I was changing the sheets on my bed, I heard a crystal clear bell ring, then I heard Father laughing joyously. (his laugh was unmistakable and so unique - I knew it was him.) From that moment on, I was at peace because I knew he was at peace and the spiritual bond would never break.

Your experience with your mother is similar to mine with my brother. He died as my Mom, younger brother and sister and I were on our way to be with him. Two hours later (the doctor and family allowed his body to await us in his room) we gathered round his bed and prayed. I felt such a glow of spiritual love in that room and knew Brother was still with us. After we each prayed and bid him farewell, I felt his spirit leave. It was a very peaceful and touching moment. I felt Angels near us.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I can't help but think about the significance of your white buffalo through this discussion.

It is wonderful that you are open enough, as some people aren't, and can see, hear, feel, the comfort our loved ones send us once they are gone.

I can't imagine, dealing with death without this comfort. Can you imagine living and thinking inside a box, not allowing you to hear a deceased parent's laughter, a child's pranks? I am thankful for that thin veil that allows us this connection.

I too have had to have a very life long pet friend put to sleep due to an illness, she did have a good 14yrs and 4mths with me but it is such a hard experience to come to terms with, they do become a family memeber. I shouldnt have thought any vet would think anything of us wanting to be with our faithful friend when it comes to the end of their lifetime with us, I too stayed with my wee dog Elle a black Pom, while the vet administered her fatal dose, we buried her at the bottom of our garden and I put her name on a wooden slice of tree with dates its my reminder of her, oh and I cried for 3 solid weeks you couldnt look at me but I was off again, I cried till I couldnt cry anymore tears I think and with all my husband coaxing of having a new puppy I couldnt bring myself to look until over 1andhalf years, greiving is a personal thing some get over it faster some not so. Im sorry for your wee Missy but its you who will be the worse of till the pain subides Diana, sending you my sentiments.

Last edited by Maure; 03/06/11 06:31 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.