Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Elleise, you mentioned "grocery stores" in another topic and a few days ago commented on making bread with "air yeast." I've never baked with yeast and have no clue what air yeast is. When you get a moment, please clue us in.

I'm still watching the progress of the Food Safety and Modernization Bill. In November, Republicans received the majority of seats in the House, and new committee chairpeople were appointed. Back in September a pump got primed for me with the director of our new Emergency Management office and I think (hope) it has happened again.

I learned this week that MY Representative is the new chairperson for the House of Representative's FDA (Food and Drug Administration) oversight committee! Still trying to find a complete copy of the ratified bill to base my arguments with exact wording. I have several friends involved in politics and hopeful they will help me push to defund and repeal this monstrosity. This legislation was passed and reconciled under the cover of darkness and during the Holidays. Love that Transparency!

As with Health Care Reform, the more details we learn of the 2,000 +/- pages, the scarier it becomes. I need to find out if the Senate also has an FDA oversight committee and that Chairperson's name. But any action must originate in the House, due to those "pesky" revenue issues, and both of my Senators originally sponsored the darn thing. Expressing my concerns to their offices resulted in responses full of mushroom soil.

Hopefully my House Representative will be a tad more responsive if based only on the exorbitant amount of money required to fund and expand the FDA so massively. I have met him and attended a town hall meeting on health care. He appears to listen and despite a tight schedule, allowed that meeting to run-over almost an hour. If anyone else here would like to express their concerns, his name is Jack Kingston and he's from Georgia.

Last edited by lcp012586; 02/03/11 12:20 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
You know, about a week before Thanksgiving, my husband was telling me something about some politician a judge maybe(it was a major headline in the news) stating he was going to wait until Thanksgiving week to make a huge decision. Oh, that bothered my husband!

I was half listing to him because the more he spoke the more my stomach would get tight and my heart began to race.

I said, "nu-uh"...and he stopped talking mid-sentence. I said, "Look to the whitehouse instead. While your headlines will be featuring this judge guy, this admistration will be doing something while people are preoccupied with this other junk. What's going on during the time frame of Thanksgiving? That will be or should be your real concern, the real danger"

He said he didn't know of anything at the time. Looking back now, I think it was this food/health thing, which to me feels like it's part of the exact same thing.

Also, this administration isn't for the little people like they say,even if you the people are, they are for one big system that they control, period. You won't feel the pain until it is all in place. The people already on welfare, they're not going to complain because they're already in the system and living fairly comfortable for not working. Once everyone else is on the sytem, then you'll feel it.

I also feel the system is already in place to a large degree, now they just need to channel the heards of cows, like farm animals, The people I feel are seen as livestock. They're just going through the formalities right now. so, there's no time for slacking to slow this thing down.

This other thing in Egypt, there's 2 sides to me. It feels like this, someone is smiling, they are pleased at the chaos and protecting their people. That protection comes from a person over here. Egypt or what's going on with Egypt involves some of their people, it's part of them. The other thing/side is that take a good look at those photos because once this system is set up it falls like all the others and we end up having riots.

This is important, the people who end up winning the riots are going to be those that have real-time anger issues. Meaning, anger will be anger in the beginning, but the people who are angry over something that's not happening to them at the moment, but happened some 100 or 200 yrs ago, they fall. The people who are physically, mentally and spiritually hurting here in this time frame, their passion wins and they will be prepared because of their realtime hardships. Their strength is equivelent to the mother that lifts an automobile to rescue her child. They don't kow where that strength comes from, it just does.

I'll post the air yeast thing in a separate post. I have to get my instructions. wink

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 02/03/11 01:23 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
As for the chaos and riots, it continually amazes me how you hit every nail head squarely, Elleise. On Jan 29th you wrote "Someone over here, close to the administration doesn't want chaos to end...they are striving for it."

This precisely describes the tactics Mr. Soros has used in other countries to collapse their economies, while making billions for his enterprises. Considering how many times he and those working with him have been at the White House, I'd say he's fairly close to the Administration. But you also describe the actions and words of many others, most, if not all, in academia, political organizations, think tanks and consulting firms.

Chaos is being intentionally stirred up HERE. Those with the Big Spoons are already using events and unrest in other countries as additional credence, and may even have a spoon in those pots. If I hear the phrase "Bottom up, Top Down" again, I will scream. It concerns me how many people are caught up in the hype, emotion, and are not actually hearing what is being said. Bottom up, Top down, I guess those in the middle get ripped to shreds. That would include me.

The person who has used this phrase so frequently recently described "Social Justice" as being able to switch your life for anyone else's with assurance it would be equally satisfying. I'll admit, sometimes, as Dave Matthews sings "it's better to be somebody else." HOWEVER, I do not want assurance my life is the same as everyones. My life is what I have made of it. I may not have much, but I've worked hard for what I do have.

One of Webster's definitions for the word Justice - Reward or Penalty as deserved. This is in direct conflict with the idea of a homogenous society where everyone is guaranteed the same standard of living. There are at least 2 sides to every "story." Will the other side of this one be that we are also LIMITED to that same standard of living despite ingenuity and hard work? Is this from some utopic sci-fi movie, or from Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall?"

With the pot of chaos so vigorously stirred, it's hard for us to realize what is REALLY going on. Corporations are touted as "Evil Capitalists," but cozied up to during campaigns, and rewarded with supporting laws and regulations. The "Haves" are criticized as stingy and the "Have Nots" are told they deserve more. Our children are told their parents are clueless as to how things "ought" to be. Those who disagree with "Social Justice" and redistribution of wealth are ignorant and racist.

We are being attacked on multiple fronts, and divided to prepare for the conquer. "Someone" is following The Art of War to the letter, and as you say, we are being encouraged through intimidation and chaos to do nothing.

Last edited by lcp012586; 02/03/11 02:04 PM.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Each of us needs to find their voice. I have little wealth and should be rolling in splendor at the thought of getting money.

It feels artificial, insincere. Plus even if there are corrupt corporations and CEO's, why not just actual penalties instead of being promised this other thing (the equality thingy)? It's about as real as a commercial for a steamy hot cheesy pizza. By the time you get either you'd have better luck at playing a game of frizby golf.

The healthcare, your precidence will be based on what the gov't feels is a precidence and it won't be based on race. It will be based on what they want to spend money on which will be based on what helps the people who are in bed with them, that's it. Expect more miscarriages and infertility and children with autism.

Me personally I'm already studying herbology and homeopathy. I already have one recipe for an antibiotic and it kills a cold, sore throat, earache in it's tracks in 1-3 days. I've been using it for 7 years. You have to get the cold as soon as you start clearing your throat or feel run down, otherwise it takes more like 7. Took me 3 years to make it but it works.

This thing w/Egypt, look to the background of the person replacing the fellow who's currently in power. It's as if Israel is a doughnut hole?

Lastly if you're feeling one ioda of guilt for being an American, they've gotten to you. Like making you think you want to buy something in a million years you'd never thought you needed or even wanted.

Un do the damage, quickly. You're not racisct, you're not intolerant, but your silence is the equivelent of an enemy using their oppenents own artillery against them!

The middle people are actually the ones who I feel survive. There will be work, it isn't a free ride, but they are the ones that end up being the 3rd little pig smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I strongly agree with your 3rd little piggie analogy. We should all be building "brick" houses based on knowledge, self sufficiency and survival techniques, whether we are in the middle that may be ripped to shreds or not.

We need to emulate the pioneers and others who survived periods of chaos with ingenuity and self reliance. Of course, with one exception, don't kill the "Natives," learn from them. My apologies, my ethnicity kicked in for a minute. But even the least amount of research reveals their tenacity for survival and their ingenuity in using what they had. Althought not really objective, I can't think of finer examples of survival against all odds other than the American Indian and the Australian Aborigine.

The more I learn of my heritage, their skills and tenacity, the more I am assured I can survive, regardless of what the future may hold. Despite all the chaos, I remain confident. As I learn and share these skills of survival, I am insuring the future in some way.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
That's something I without hesitation agree with.

My husband came up w/this one all on his own this evening and of course as usual I can't sleep, lol.

But his words, "This thing is like a tidle wave and it's way up here at the top. It's so big, the only thing left for us to do is educate ourselves and be prepared. If this thing comes crashing down, it'll make Hitler look like a pea in the snow."

This emanuel person in Chicago...as my husband was talking I could hear metal gears sliding into place. I said, "It wouldn't take much to make whomever is currently in Chicago that this guy wants to replace, look bad, making a name for himself.

Big cities will be checkpoints of some type. They will have a common denominator other than being heavily populate. There will be names to them, specific denominators."

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Using creative camouflage can be an affective security measure in times of civil unrest. I'm not referring to camo netting over your house, or military styled clothes. I'm referring to making yourself, your home inconspicuous and less a target for theft and looters.

After my daughter's wedding, she was quite offended when a few of her friends asked "How could your parents possibly afford your huge wedding?" It was actually a wonderful compliment for me and verification my camouflage efforts are working. I had to explain to my daughter there is safety in not being "showy" of one's wealth. While we are certainly not rich, we are preparing for whatever the future may bring. That's our little secret, known only to the few in our network.

Here's some of the things we have been doing for the past year to blend into our neighborhood. We have older vehicles, i.e. 92 and 98 and neither are washed regularly. My little car is missing 3 hubcaps and is no longer white. But it gets around 30 mpg and I will drive it until it falls apart around me. Both vehicles are well serviced, just not very pretty on the outside.

Our house is a small, older bungalow. We have a nice yard, but nothing fancy in landscaping or lawn furniture. It's pretty plain and the carport is a bit junky. The backyard fence is obviously homemade, but nice and sturdy. I do all the yardwork and my neighbors know it. We never put boxes out with the trash. I don't want my neighbors to know what new things we have purchased. The boxes are broken down and taken to a recycling center. We live in the older, less affluent section of our little town. Passing our house, one would assume we don't have much and take only minimal care of what we do have. This less than flattering assumption is exactly what I am aiming for.

I am frequently seen shopping in thrift stores and re-use my Goodwill bags at every opportunity. I seldom wear any jewelry, not even a wedding band. We dress very casually, jeans and T-shirts most of the time. In public, we blend in well. We don't eat out much and our favorite spots are quite casual and affordable.

Not everyone can camouflage as thoroughly as we do. The type and location of your home has much to do with it. But you can still use some of these techniques to blend in to your community a little more. For those who insist on having the biggest, the best, the newest, the fanciest, they might as well also purchase a sign for their yard which reads "Loot us First."

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
100% accurate!!!!

whatever is going on, there's an underlying current stiring. Youth especially are being primed or encouraged or nudged in a way that is getting them riled up at the wealthy. When looting becomes more and more necessary for survival, wealthy places and people that just really stand out seem to get hit first, well, stores actually, but it will take one voice to stir a group of many.

We live like you do and break down boxes and play down the precautions we're taking, and food we have that with a little water can turn into eggs, milk, mushrooms, strawberries. I don't want to be holed up in a gymnasium some day as a shelter unless the untire house disapears or something.

And you are equally accurate about nosy neighbors. Stock piles will get around like wildfire if there's a national emergency wink

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 02/12/11 06:14 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
For over a year we've been discussing here, and in our companion topic, civil unrest in the US. The protests in the Middle East, which do have some level of coordination, have been dubbed "Day of Rage" and are proliferating quickly from country to country.

"Hello Wisconsin"

Yesterday, the New York Times reported on demonstrations at the Capital in Madison. Those protesting increased contribution rates for pension and health coverage for unionized state employees have also surrounded the homes of the Governor and at least one state legislator. The Governor has only been in office for 6 weeks and is faced with millions in deficit for this year and 3+billion in state debt.

Where do you get your information? I heard mention of this on the Glenn Beck show while preparing supper the other day. I did a search which initially drug me into the "blogosphere." Further down the search list results I found the link to this article, and by golly they even had photos!

At least one group (newly formed on facebook and very small) is calling for a "Day of Rage" in of all places Wisconsin. When one protest is successful they can become contagious. I'm not the first person to say this and there are many historical examples. Protest "mania" is building and where we get our information will be of great important in the coming months.

Had I relied solely on the "blogs" I would have assumed this was much ado about nothing. However the NY Times photos showed thousands within the Capital and on the grounds. Local and State newspapers are a good source in confirming national reports. Most have their headline stories online and are easily searched.

Wherever you may live, if you haven't paid that much attention to the news in the past, NOW might be a good time to start. But please keep in mind there is blatant bias both in the news industry and in blogs. We each need to cross reference and verify sources to ensure we are getting an accurate report of what has and is happening, if for nothing more than convenience.

If I had business in Madison around March 12th, I'd probably try to reschedule, if only to avoid possible traffic jams. Good Information and Safety should be a priority.

I also caught a short bit of footage of the protestors. A reporter was asking 2 teens why they were there. Both were clueless! I don't have issue with peaceful protest. Our Constitution guarantees our right to assembly. I do have concerns with involving children. Any protest or demonstration is likely to include unstable individuals. Combined with those who are upset and angry, things can get out of hand quickly.

As in the Middle East, protests and demonstrations are very likely to become contagious in the US. Each of us has the right to participate. If you choose to join in, please consider the safety of your children, as well as yourself.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Originally Posted By: lcp012586

"Hello Wisconsin"

Yesterday, the New York Times reported on demonstrations at the Capital in Madison. Those protesting increased contribution rates for pension and health coverage for unionized state employees have also surrounded the homes of the Governor and at least one state legislator. The Governor has only been in office for 6 weeks and is faced with millions in deficit for this year and 3+billion in state debt.

At least one group (newly formed on facebook and very small) is calling for a "Day of Rage" in of all places Wisconsin.

If I had business in Madison around March 12th, I'd probably try to reschedule, if only to avoid possible traffic jams.

Well, these could be explaining the inner city riots I wrote about in the "What do you see for the economy/elections" thread. But, in those visions there was smoke and looting and there was a hazy green-like hughe in the sky during the daytime.

I'm expecting something in MI or from MI, or MN or both??? Have you heard anything that correlates w/that? Somehow Chicago seems to be connected in some way w/these as well?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.