Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#645348 11/26/10 01:12 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I'm often asked, "Where can I find free ebooks that aren't just the old classics?" There are literally thousands of free ebooks available online that can be read on your computer, a smartphone, or a dedicated device like the Kindle or Nook, but they aren't always easy to find. Check out this article to learn the tricks for finding free ebooks, including classic works, informative non-fiction, and new, fun fiction from traditional publishers and small or independent sources.

Find Free Ebooks Online

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Great post, Maria!

I also love Books on the Knob - I've collected way more free ebooks than I have time to read at the moment, lol, plus I've bought several. (Yours is queued in my reader on my "to do" list, btw, lol)

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: Cricket - Headaches
Great post, Maria!

I also love Books on the Knob - I've collected way more free ebooks than I have time to read at the moment, lol, plus I've bought several. (Yours is queued in my reader on my "to do" list, btw, lol)

Thank you, and I know what you mean about the "to-be-read" list--mine is out of control, and all with books I got free or for less than $5. It's amazing what you can find out there. I hope you'll enjoy mine whenever it finally bubbles to the surface smile .

--Maria

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love the classics!! Jane Austen is my favorite. Mouldy indeed!!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I like lots of classics, too, but I'm afraid they're not so popular with the younger set. I got a kick out of it when the young man asked me the question about finding free books that aren't "moldy oldies".

smile Maria

Tiger
Tiger
Cute (lol)

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Thanks for the tips. I love to read. I so happy I discovered bellaonline!

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I use kindle and nook for pc and have only used their specific link to free ebooks. Man, does searching for 0.00 change things!! So thrilled!!

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Yay! I'm so glad it was helpful for you. I was especially frustrated with B&N's interface, which only allows you to see their chosen free books, when they have so many to offer (almost 2 million!). They might be selling more Nooks if they let people know that.

Meantime, I'm working on making the searches even more specific for each site, but that's taking some real bona fide programming skill. I'll let you all know when I've updated the links accordingly.

Here's the link again, for anyone who wants to search for freebies: Find Free eBooks!

--Maria

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
hi maria, i see many books on the internet which can be read for free, its very helpful for those studying and saves money. i see you are a research writer, is there a specific field you write about or do you research anything. regards lawrence.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Laura - DTP/Ebooks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.