Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663146 02/15/11 04:42 AM
M
Mopey Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My husband and I had been ttc for 10 months. We finally got a positive pregnancy test. We were so excited. We bought our little two year old a big brother shirt to tell all the grandparents. I was supposed to go for my first prenatal exam at 9 in the morning. Well at 3 in the morning I was woken from a dead sleep by horrible pain. I knew what was happening and was crushed. My Dr confirmed that I had lost the baby. It has now been 11 weeks since my miscarriage and I have not had a period. My Dr did a blood pregnancy test and it was negative. All of my friends are pregnant and it kills me. All they talk about is their babies and their symptoms. I know I would be doing the same thing but you would think they would be a little more sensitive. I am happy for them but I am also jealous. I have one friend that is having a c-section tomorrow. I know when I hold that baby in my arms it is going to rip my heart out. I want to be able to move past this but my heart still hurts. Is 11 weeks too long to be sad? Should I be able to see a pregnant woman and not be jealous of them?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I am going through the exact same thing right now. My husband and I had been trying for our first child and we were thrilled when we finally got a positive result. The pregnancy was going great with normal pregnancy symptoms the entire time but when we went for my first ultrasound at 9 weeks they said the baby didn't have heartbeat and that I had experienced a missed miscarriage at 6 weeks. I had a d&c on february 4th and the pain is still there at all times. I feel like there is something missed at all times. You get so excited for something and then you feel like you've been robbed of your experience in the matter of seconds. Then you are supposed to adapt so quickly and realize it's over with. It's not that easy. I told my husband that I will never feel the same until that void is filled with another healthy pregnancy. I'm not trying to replace that child, but I am trying to get those excited feelings back about being a mom. All of my friend are pregnant too. I had already started shopping for our baby and we even picked out baby names. I am throwing my friends baby shower in less than a month and it's so hard to be excited now. I feel so selfish that I can't put these feelings aside and put 100% into her baby shower, but it rips my heart out every time I pike out decorations or games for the shower. I am so jealous and angry. I'm sure that I will come around and although it hurts, i'm going to be excited for her bc that's what I would want my friend to do for me. I work in the health care profession and it's making my grieving process even harder bc their are "mothers" out there that don't even want their children, that don't take care of them, and that don't deserve them. There are girls that do drugs, drink, and smoke their entire pregnancies and have healthy babies and then there are people like me that plan for a child, eat right, and take vitamins and still lose a child. It doesn't seem fair. My heart goes out to you. I hope that things get better for you. I will say a prayer! I have read numerous articles saying that it is unlikely to have two miscarriages and that is the only thing that is keeping my hopes up.

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.