Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
my dad developed alzheimers disease 2 yrs before he died and i know from experience what a terrible affliction this disease has on the sufferers? i remember him asking for his tea when he had just had it 10 minutes beforehand. he could remember everything in the past but not in the present time, we found out one day how it had progressed by him going missing. he had went to the shop 100 yards away on his pushbike to get mam some groceries, he didnt return and we went in the car to find him? at last we found him 2 hours later riding round and round the streets nearby, he had simply forgot where he lived. it was heartbreaking, dad had worked underground in the mine for 48 years and now he had to end up like this. ive heard of people in residential homes not swallowing their food even, and therefore hadnt had enough food to eat, while the staff took the meal away thinking they were not hungry. i only hope their is a cure found to help all the poor souls who end up with alzheimers and senile dementia.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I get those too, panic attacks but they are always associated to things or with things for instance.

I'll be fine, fine, fine and my husband will have a day off. Out of the blue I want to say about 45 minutes before if nothing has happened, I'll start cleaning and won't realize it but he'll be watching me and my hand towel going round and round in one spot and he'll put his hand on mine and smile, lol, actually and say, "Something wrong?"

I don't even realize I'm doing it sometimes but I'll feel anxious a little bit and then it spirals I guess. But anyway, I'll say, "I don't know I just keep hearing your mom's voice and I don't know she ends up calling you and asking you to...." 45 min - 2 1/2 hrs. later that will be exactly what happens.

As far as driving goes, I get anxious in large crowds anyway, so driving say around a lake isn't going to bother me, downtown, is going to bother me.

Breathing to counts of 3 at first then working up to 8-10 and exhaling to the same counts helps a lot. As far as medication, the only things that workked for me that didn't make me feel sluggish all day were xanax or valium. I wouldn't take them regularily. But I would take them situationally if needed.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
P
P

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
That is me, if I am driving on a side road I am fine but as soon as I have to go into the city I get the anxiety. I took xanax for a bit but it made my heart pound really fast so I stopped taking it. Maybe I took too strong of a dose but the doc said it was the lowest. I am very sensitive to medications as I usually try to take something natural but even with the herbs some can be too strong for me. I have done years and years upon years of study in herbology and I make my own skin care products and medicinal skin care products (my oldest son has eczema) for for 20 years I have been really big on herbal products.

AS for Dr. Weiss, I'll have to look into that. Thank you for sharing that Paula. Interseting.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This is why it may be worth looking at the Tarot cards as a complimentary aid. It sound like you could be being influenced by your peripheral perceptions as discussed here Also perhaps you should check out Ericksonian Hypnotherpy?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
P
P
You are very welcome Karen. I know exactly what you mean about medications and even herbs being too strong. I have to adjust down anything or I feel bad when I take it.Tinctures of herbs are good so that if they say use ten drops two may be enough for me. I even make herb teas weak. I can even taste the chemicals in food items sometimes and have had to go mostly organic just to get good tasting food. Guess that being sensitive has lots of other sensitivities that many people do not equate with psychic or spiritual sensitivity. Past life regression may help with your anxiety, but I have found that as my abilities increase that I do not feel comfortable in large crowds and public places unless I shield myself before I go out, if I don't I just want to get back to the safety and comfort of home. Not exactly an anxiety attack but I feel a physically bad sort of sick feeling and I get very tired.

P
P
Very good advice Ninja, i use cards and pendulums for advice often when not hearing my intuition clearly. I have never heard of Ericksonian Hypnotherpy I will check it out too. Thanks so much, I love your quote :-)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Ericksonian Hypnotherapy was developed by Milton Erickson as a way of using naturally occurring trance states for therapeutic effect. It works within the clients belief system and culture and, if done correctly, avoids imposing any of the therapists beliefs on the client as can sometimes happen in authoritarian therapeutic hypnosis.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I've read Many Lives Many Masters. I think when I read it I wished the book had more general information. But if it's the one I'm thinking he spent a lot of time on particular clients so if you couldn't relate to the client it (for me anyway) was hard to stay w/it.

I believe past lives are a good part of the reason we're either attracted or repelled by a person. Even online so I don't think all instances can be chaulked up to chemical reaction.

People have described to me sensations of feeling dizzy around a particular person they don't even know very well. It's always around that person and even if they get used to the person, a week or so apart, the dizziness returns.

What's interesting is that when people are describing these things, they all say pretty much the same thing, "I know very little about so and so. I shouldn't feel one way or the other about them." Good or bad they seem to have a much deeper connection than their time knowing them would imply.

I was talking to my husband a few weeks ago and told him of a dream I had. I was me, but w/an entirely different personality. So, like here, I'm not money oriented and work primarily out of the heart, there, my apartment was almost medical looking, a lot of silver and white and my hair was back in a bun and I was VERY business like. I didn't talk much and many of the people in my life now were there.

I don't struggle the least w/wanting to be a cold business personality, it's a big NOT all the way around. Anyday of the week you'll find me in bare feet or birkenstocks and cut off jean shorts in the middle of winter.

I've had more than one of these dreams though and I'm using my mind in them A LOT and there aer no chords, like electric. Allthat is in the past!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I hate going into Wal-Mart since I get panic attacks there also. Not all the time but I do get them there. I also say before going in "We are going in, getting what we have to get and getting out" If I have a lot to get, I go off and grab stuff as my Boyfriend or son go off and get other stuff and we meet at the cart with whom ever has it and go off and get other stuff. I always stay nearby one of them as if I go to far away from one of them I start with the panicky feeling. I can go into other places and not have any panic attacks, just certain places. If I have had a panic attack in that place it is very difficult for me to go back to that place but some of those places I force myself to go into. Something like conquer the fear thing.

I had a dream a while back that I was going up a spiral staircase that was all brick walls, there was an open window oval shape on top and flat on the bottom, I looked behind me and there was a shadow and I was fearing for my life, I looked out the window as I was running up the stairs and out of the corner of my eye I saw a black bird, raven or crow and I turned my head to look out the window and when I did, I zoomed in to be looking right in the eye of the black bird. I then woke up. I got the feeling that I was in a castle and I was wearing a white flowing gown with long blonde wavy hair. My hair is long and blonde but it is straight as door.

I saved that link Ian and going back to read it again, obviously my brain isn't holding information right now.

Last edited by Karen - Tarot Editor; 02/02/11 12:26 PM.

Karen Artino
BellaOnline.com/Tarot editor
Tarot Website
Tarot Forum
http://www.AnswersByTarot.com
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.