Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hey Brandii, didn't do well at all on the 26th...I made $10 so I didn't cover my table fee and it was so hot! But the 4th was better, I made $152.

Yes, my daughter came, then my son stayed for a couple of days after my daughter left. Then I had my niece for a week. I started working on striping wall paper in the bathroom and the garden has interupted everything. Today I am going to get my black eyed peas blanched and frozen and work on making sand plum juice. Yesterday I made pickles and tomato puree. It is a busy time of the year for me!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Well, I know it has been quite a while since I have been on here. This week we got a lawyer and got emergency custody of my grandaughter. The DHS charged the mom with abandonment (both children...she hasn't seen the baby in over 2 weeks...our grandaugher a week) and also there were alligations of drug usage and unsafe environment for children. The DHS came to us to place our grandaugher with us again and told us we could get a lawyer and do the emergency custody route. So that is what we did as the DHS would have sent her to rehab and given her another chance after that. When we saw her at court she couldn't weigh 90lbs sopping wet. She didn't say one word to us, she has known we had our grandaugher before Christmas and didn't call to see how her Christmas was. Didn't bring by any presents or anything. The guy she was pregnant by last year and she are not together anymore. He was convicted of 2 differents occasion of domestic abuse in front of minors, plus the domestic abuse. He spent 2 months in jail after the last time and 10 years probation. Not much in my opinion. My grandaugher is scared/worried that he will come here and I have heard some horrible stuff from her. She hasn't really even asked about her mom. The first day she was here she kept asking us where her mom was. What do you tell a 3 yr old that she can understand?

We have custody of her for a year and at the next court date I am hoping the judge will decide to terminate her rights. The DHS told her she was going to be drug tested when they came to serve her papers about the children and she told them she was clean & will pass. Then they told her it was a hair folicle test and she said, oh, well, I will test positive for marijuana (and I am sure for other things as well...I have heard that she has a $5000 a month drug habit and it was a pretty reliable source).

Yesterday I went to the social security office and now I am in control of Mary Jayne's death benefits (from our son). Poor Mary Jayne looked like a ragamuffin. No clothes that actually fit her, no shoes that fit. We had to buy everything for her. They are going to make the mom account for all the money she has recieved and I am figuring she will have to pay a lot of money back to social security. They also said she won't ever be able to be in charge of the money even if she gets custody back. The lady was going to call her yesterday and I asked if she would please tell her that. I am afraid that the only reason she wants my grandaughter is for the social security money.

~anonymous~
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Connie!

I was just thinking about you the other day. Wow--it sounds like your life has taken quiet a turn from the last time we talked. I'm so sorry about everything that has happened, but so happy your granddaughter is safe! I think I remember seeing a counselor a while back�maybe she can help with any adjustment issues for her, especially when she asks the tough questions.

How are you and your husband doing? You all have been through so much the past three years�I admire your strength, courage and determination!

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Yes, my life has changed quite a bit! Now I don't have that nagging worry about how she is. I just don't understand how she could care so little about her kids.

I had started seeing my therapist in August again before the anniversary of my son's death. She was on vacation for 2 weeks & so much has happened since I last saw her. Monday I go back to see her and we will have lots to talk about!

We're doing pretty good. I am glad all the holidays are over and now we can get back into a schedule. I think that is important for little ones. I have had both of my grandaughters a lot during the holidays (school starts back on Monday for Tiffany) so it will be a bit quieter around here now.

Thanks for your sweet words Brandii...I think most people would have done what we did. It is so hard to see your loved ones in crisis!

Happy New Year!

~anonymous~
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Connie!

How is everything going in the new year with your granddaughter? Have you had any trouble?

Just thinking about you guys and sending warm and positive thoughts your way! smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Connie, I have just read the last few threads but if you are anything like my grandmother, maternal, who took me in when I was a child, then your little girl will be fine.

Thank God for grandmothers.

Peace and hugs

Linda Heywood

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hey Brandii, things are pretty normal around here. I got my grandaughter in a nursery school. It is 3 days a week from 8:30-11. She is really enjoying it and we thought it would be good for her to get out around other kids her age.

Still no word from her mom. She has quit asking or even talking about her at this point. She is still talking about her mom's exboyfriend...about him hitting her mom and her. I guess that will take a lot longer to forget.

I got a new puppy last week. He is so cute! He's a wire hair fox terrier. Did I say he was cute?! He doesn't even look real, he looks like a stuffed animal. Mary Jayne is enjoying him lots too.

Linda, thanks for your sweet words! I just keep thinking no little kids should have to live like she was. Childhood is supposed to be filled with great things.

~anonymous~
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
What a cute puppy, and adorable little girl! smile

Connie, does the social worker know, or is it documented about her saying the ex-boyfriend was hitting her? That just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't imagine how frightened she must have been.

I'm happy to hear about nursery school--I bet that provides loads of fun and laughs for her, and you're right, she sure does deserve every ounce of happiness!

Please keep up posted!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Aww such a sweet pair. God bless you Connie and your lil babies xx

Linda Heywood

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
The social workers are out of the picture since we went through a lawyer. That was a big bonus not to have them come and dig through our house and make us feel like we are criminals. Plus you can't go anywhere, can't cut Mary Jayne's hair without permission from mom. The DHS said they would send mom to rehab and give her another shot at raising the kids. I don't understand how many chances they will give someone. I mean really, how long will they bounce kids back and forth.

Life is busy with a puppy and grandaughter! Poor Mary Jayne has tonsillitus...my other grandaughter has streph throat. I am praying I don't get sick cause I have been around both of them a bunch!

~anonymous~
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.