Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tiger
Tiger
Way to go Jilly - age is but a number smile

I am age 52 and still YOUNG (lol)

I can relate to any age if I put my mind to it. Just keeping an OPEN mind and listening, not judging makes the process a whole lot simpler. I never use to be this way. And actually enjoying my interaction with the students at the university I am working at. They are silly at times and bring a smile to my face.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
You know it's funny I have always been the youngest of my group but now that I'm in my 40's and have kids in their teens and early twenties I feel like I am still the same as I've always been. In fact having kids kept my young since I listeded to their music and introduced them to ACDC and other bands they hadn't heard of. I think that respect is the foundation of all relationships no matter the age. If you respect the younger people in your life you'll find that the generation gap doesn't occur. That doesn't mean that you act like a kid. Act your age since someone acting like a 20 year old when they are in their 40's is not a good sight. But keep a youthful look about things and try not to become judgemental. My kids still think I'm cool even though I my 22 year old knows I hate the "shots..shots...shots..." song.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
uh oh....I don't know the "shots...shots...shots" song. Gulp...you KNOW what that means. LOL.

I'm not so much concerned with age perse as I am with maintaining my health and vitality as I age (I'm a Gen Xer). However, when I hear people talk about age discrimination when it comes to work, I do worry a little, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I try not to give it too much thought.

In terms of relating to younger people, I'm always amazed that I could have a child as old as some of my co-workers--who are in their twenties. When my mother was my age I was 25 and married! Meanwhile my children are barely pre-teens.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I had my daughter when I was 37 and I always thought that kept me feeling young. At the time, I did home daycare and all my moms were young but I was still one of them.

Now it's the grandkids that make me feel young. There's nothing like having a tea party with a 4 year old to make you feel like a kid again!

All the kids recently got iPhones and sit playing games on them, which I don't really see the purpose to. However, I did get text messaging because they seem to respond better to that than a phone call.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I'm aging backwards. I feel as though I'm getting younger every day. smile

Like Asha, I do remember being the new kid on the block at the office. Some of the older hens sorta resented the fact that I took on a high position straight out of college and had to supervise them.

Now that I'm older, I do miss the social perks that young women seem to enjoy but--darn it--I now create my OWN perks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.