logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Ive just added a new article called 10 Steps to Turn Your Idea Into An Ebook If youve always wanted to write ane book but did not know where to start then this article will help you get started.

Caroline Coleman
Non Fiction Wrtiting Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Great ideas! I have several ideas for ebooks but the marketing aspect stops me. You can write a wonderful ebook but you really have to know how to market it to make money.

I have a friend who writes marketing pages to help others sell their ebooks or products and it has to be a really eye-catching page to get people to opt in and spend the money.

It's also helpful to put out a newsletter so you can capture leads of people who might be interested in your ebook. I've signed up for free info on certain books and received as many as a dozen free email articles full of info where the bottom line was getting you to buy the ebook for more info.

I think if you want to do an ebook and make any money with it, you need to be really committed to the entire process.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I've been wondering where to get started. You've put this in easy step by step instructions. I think I might be able to get started now. I've been writing extra articles that I have been putting aside in preparation for getting started.

Do you have any ideas on where we might research to find if our idea is marketable? I wanted to write an e-book for beginning supervisors. I know there are a ton of hard copy books on being a manager, but I wanted a simple book for supervisors with real like typical problems that new supervisors encounter.

Also is there a suggested length for an e-book? If you plan to cover these later in an article, that would be great too. I would also be curious how many ebook writers have then turned into hard copy writers.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Amoeba
Amoeba
Thank you for this great article! My biggest obstacle is brainstorming topics for an ebook now.

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
This is great! I've been brainstorming on my first ebook.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Im well into writing my first book and wondering how I will get it out into the world.

can you tell me how to do this? Is this something that all word programs can do? from your article....

"Compile your text documents into a pdf ebook. This is the most popular format and can be read on all computers."

Arrow Durfee
Stomach Issues
Stomach Issues Forum

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
Great piece. I'm in the process of outlining my first one, deciding which articles will need to be written, and then actually writing it.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Arrow - Stomach Issues
"Compile your text documents into a pdf ebook. This is the most popular format and can be read on all computers."

If you have a recent version of MS-Word you can SAVE AS and select PDF.

If you want you book to be read on eBook readers it'll be better to convert them into a specific eBook format. See DTP.amazon.com and smashwords.com

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Amoeba
Amoeba
Open Office Writer also makes it easy to create a PDF.

Originally Posted By: Peter - Wine
Originally Posted By: Arrow - Stomach Issues

If you have a recent version of MS-Word you can SAVE AS and select PDF.

If you want you book to be read on eBook readers it'll be better to convert them into a specific eBook format. See DTP.amazon.com and smashwords.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.